Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

No ,they are machine processed :wink:

Evening Buzzer

Well we’ve nearly finished lambing only about 20 left, got some fertilizer on our lowland meadows last week could do wi a bit of rain now but we better not ask for it eh.
You won’t be far off grass day down your end but it feels a long way off up ere, that cold easterly wind is stopping the grass growing and causing problems with black bag in the yows oh the joys of farming.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20190416_001.jpg

Your right mate will be turning 12 out on the marsh on the 1st of May and cannot wait, the other 21 who normally go in an 15 acre park cant go out till June so I am contemplating putting them in 7 acres that I was saving for haylage but I think when you work it out it may prove more cost effective to let them graze that and follow on to the park later. If they are kept in they are eating haylage at a great rate of knots, just got to worm them and we will be off. Salisbury yesterday got just the two more so 31 total now Buzzer.

Just for fun as far more chocolate in a bar than an egg, Buzzer

Question for Buzzer, for it is He the fountain of all knowledge on the South Coast, well around the Solent ! :wink: Do you recall a firm called IIRC Ellisons ? they ran green coloured motors IIRC. My first artic in 1970 did a few subbed loads for their Purfleet office back up 'Norf. From memory they were what I called a decent outfit well at leats we got paid promptly and the rates weren’t so bad either. They weren’t your usual clearing house/ return load Spivs ! well they just came to mind so I thought I would ask Buzzer for the full SP ! Cheers Bewick.

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, buzzer where was the abattoir in the high street then.When did it close. :sunglasses:

Hi “gerbil”, think John has set himself a real task there.
I used to go to the one down town opposite the end of Bernard street in Terminus terrace, shown as Mrk in my shot.
Way back of course most butchers did there own killing but times change.
Many years ago a well retired old butcher in Salisbury showed me his dads old Webley 45 that he used all those years back, Harvey

Morning all, thank’s for that hrs yes you are right most butcher’s year’s back did do there own slaughtering. We went to a small butcher’s shop in Wales a few year’s back and they still did there own killing,they had a small field at the back sheep and cattle arrived the day before so they were all calmed down in the morning then walk them into slaughter house in the morning all very calm then job done,unfortunately it was going to have to close as the cost to bring it up to E U standard was not fesable. A real shame as it was a spotlessly clean place where every ting was done right. Thank’s for the info on Southampton,so is that near the old fruit market that was but is no more. :sunglasses:

hrs just looked again at the map properly and its down the side of the road up to Woolston bridge houses and flat’s there know. :sunglasses:

Bewick

Digging into the old grey matter,I seem to recall a clearing house run Danny Ellison, but i think he was in Portsmouth but im not sure.

Hi all yes there is something from a long way back when i worked for Roy Muscato from Petersfield and i am sure Danny Ellison is way at the back of the brain we did a lot for MMD and Fyfffes all out of Flat house quay and i am sure he was involved some where.As buzzer would say another Mary Hopkins moment. Smashing Weather. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all yes there is something from a long way back when i worked for Roy Muscato from Petersfield and i am sure Danny Ellison is way at the back of the brain we did a lot for MMD and Fyfffes all out of Flat house quay and i am sure he was involved some where.As buzzer would say another Mary Hopkins moment. Smashing Weather. :sunglasses:

Hi again “gerbil sb 152” did you get to drive the little F86 I supplied to Roy ■■? Never saw a trade in with so many differant makes of tyres on :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
Phoned him one day and this little voice said hello, who is it… I said hello, is your daddy there, to which she said no!! but my husband is… :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: you will understand. Harvey

gerbil sb152:
hrs just looked again at the map properly and its down the side of the road up to Woolston bridge houses and flat’s there know. :sunglasses:

The other market was the other end of Bernard street just on the left as it reached the high street.
If you had a glass of water in the Red Lion and walked through to the back, you would be in the market square. Harvey
PS Map is 1976

Bewick:
Question for Buzzer, for it is He the fountain of all knowledge on the South Coast, well around the Solent ! :wink: Do you recall a firm called IIRC Ellisons ? they ran green coloured motors IIRC. My first artic in 1970 did a few subbed loads for their Purfleet office back up 'Norf. From memory they were what I called a decent outfit well at leats we got paid promptly and the rates weren’t so bad either. They weren’t your usual clearing house/ return load Spivs ! well they just came to mind so I thought I would ask Buzzer for the full SP ! Cheers Bewick.

Hi Dennis,

Chris and Kevin are right Ellisons ran out of the Camber or Flathouse Quay,but I remember them running D1000’s in Red with no signwriting,I also recall them losing a couple of loaded trailers off the dock, when security was a bit lax by persons unknown going to collect them with the same colour tractor units !! saying they were from Ellisons !!

Regards
Richard

HRS:

gerbil sb152:

Hi again “gerbil sb 152” did you get to drive the little F86 I supplied to Roy ■■? Never saw a trade in with so many differant makes of tyres on :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
Phoned him one day and this little voice said hello, who is it… I said hello, is your daddy there, to which she said no!! but my husband is… :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: you will understand. Harvey

Harvey,

My client has asked me to contact you following your statement, he says he would never put a recut, retreaded,Bandag remould on the front of his vehicle resulting in the tread coming off and wrapping itself around the front axle at 3.30 am on the A272 just before the West Meon Hut !! He also never repeated this again on another occasion resulting in a massive front tyre blow out in Whitchurch Hampshire before the by-pass was built resulting in several occupants of a row of cottages being woken from their slumber at 3 am,and a young lady in a baby=doll nightie making his driver a cup of tea whilst waiting for him to bring a spare out !!
My colleague in Scotland will contact you shortly as the law there is different to “Down Sarf”

I rest my casing, sorry case.

Regards
Richard

Just the long Easter weekend report, other than tending the steers every day been busy in the horticultural department as well, got in two rows of spuds in the last week and a double row of beetroot as well, then transplanted 16 cucumber plants in the green house as the local woman love them not sure if they actually eat them or not but very popular none the less. Today all the bean seeds got potted up, French and runners so that’s it on the planting front then on the ride on mower to cut all the grass to finish the day knackered now so chilling, Buzzer

MaggieD:

Bewick:

Hi Dennis,

Chris and Kevin are right Ellisons ran out of the Camber or Flathouse Quay,but I remember them running D1000’s in Red with no signwriting,I also recall them losing a couple of loaded trailers off the dock, when security was a bit lax by persons unknown going to collect them with the same colour tractor units !! saying they were from Ellisons !!

Regards
Richard

Well Richard it doesn’t appear that I’m getting confirmation of the “Ellisons” we dealt with ! From memory their motors were green ! and their Purfleet office appeared to be well run, maybe it was a different “Ellisons” I dealt with to the ones that have been mentioned in previous posts ! The Buzzer seems to have gone “stumn” on the subject ! Cheers Dennis,

Dennis as you can see I bin busy gardening but although the name Ellison rings a bell when I did a search I could only find a coach operator, seems like the boys think it was a Pompy outfit so we wont go there eh although I used to load for Jersey Produce of Flathouse quay with spuds and cauli. That Richard QC fella was a bit close to Pompy in the early days and that’s why he is a bit shady, defended some right crooks in the past he has, cheers Buzzer

Buzzer:
Dennis as you can see I bin busy gardening but although the name Ellison rings a bell when I did a search I could only find a coach operator, seems like the boys think it was a Pompy outfit so we wont go there eh although I used to load for Jersey Produce of Flathouse quay with spuds and cauli. That Richard QC fella was a bit close to Pompy in the early days and that’s why he is a bit shady, defended some right crooks in the past he has, cheers Buzzer

Thanks for the info Buzzer ! done a bit in the garden today me’self , cleaned out my two water butts ready for the next downpour ! Sorry mate if I expected you to be oh fay with what went on over the “other side” ! Looks like you have had a good day on the “allotment” as well so here is to a good season cheers Dennis.

Harvey,
My client has asked me to contact you following your statement, he says he would never put a recut, retreaded,Bandag remould on the front of his vehicle resulting in the tread coming off and wrapping itself around the front axle at 3.30 am on the A272 just before the West Meon Hut !! He also never repeated this again on another occasion resulting in a massive front tyre blow out in Whitchurch Hampshire before the by-pass was built resulting in several occupants of a row of cottages being woken from their slumber at 3 am,and a young lady in a baby=doll nightie making his driver a cup of tea whilst waiting for him to bring a spare out !!
My colleague in Scotland will contact you shortly as the law there is different to “Down Sarf”
I rest my casing, sorry case.

Regards
Richard
[/quote]
Good morning Richard,
That made my day., only problem now is for the rest of the day i will be having little chuckles to myself and geting the “whats so funny” from er in doors.
If i said to her, one day a racing driver delivered his trade in unit to me. ( he must have been a racing driver cos he shot in the office, tossed some keys on my desk and ran out the door) and as I looked out the window he ran across the yard to a waiting car, engine running and in gear and black smoke bellowing acoss the yard as it left at speed drew my attention to the “trade in”.
Then as I looked at it I had to put my sun glasses on to hide the bright refection of the shiney wheel studs she will just walk away with the usual, you are very sad etc etc.
Hope you and Angie are well
Harvey

Same name different company, Buzzer.