Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Dear Dennis love your input as usual, always a slight note of criticism but I like that. After fitting rope hooks today to finish of my little project from nothing I think I may enter her into a local collective farm sale and curious to see just what happens. Do like my kit to be tidy and not sure if my efforts are tidy enough to keep around my establishment, think I may have to splash the cash and by an 10 x 6 Ifor flat with 50 mil ball hitch as it would be lower to the ground and look a whole lot tidier not that I am a snob or out. Glad to see you are still looking in on the farming / transport thread, cheers Buzzer.

PS not sure if to wash the green off the wheels before the sale or not, what do you think ?

Buzzer I do believe you may have made the correct decision to “unload” that “wheelbarrow” onto some unsuspecting “Wurzzel” at a farm sale ! but a word of caution may be timely as that n/s tyre looks like it could have come from a1946 vintage Dakota DC3 so I would be loath to place any sort of weight on it’s back and for good measure I would carry it to said sale :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Buzzer:
Dear Dennis love your input as usual, always a slight note of criticism but I like that. After fitting rope hooks today to finish of my little project from nothing I think I may enter her into a local collective farm sale and curious to see just what happens. Do like my kit to be tidy and not sure if my efforts are tidy enough to keep around my establishment, think I may have to splash the cash and by an 10 x 6 Ifor flat with 50 mil ball hitch as it would be lower to the ground and look a whole lot tidier not that I am a snob or out. Glad to see you are still looking in on the farming / transport thread, cheers Buzzer.

PS not sure if to wash the green off the wheels before the sale or not, what do you think ?

Buzzer I do believe you may have made the correct decision to “unload” that “wheelbarrow” onto some unsuspecting “Wurzzel” at a farm sale ! but a word of caution may be timely as that n/s tyre looks like it could have come from a1946 vintage Dakota DC3 so I would be loath to place any sort of weight on it’s back and for good measure I would carry it to said sale :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

Your comments noted Dennis she will ride with pride on the back of my trusty Isuzu pickup, Buzzer.

Bit of a wheeler dealer/ farmer now JD

Well Salisbury market today and cannot quite believe what I saw, a consignment of 25 angus X steers which at 12 months old made an astounding £940 to £980 apiece which on one hand pleases me for what I have in the barn but in all honesty where are they going to see a profit from that by the time they are fit to kill, plenty of buyers there too for all sorts, I must work out a strategy for when I out mine and catch a trade such as todays but in market you just never know.
On another note on the transport scene saw this old girl still earning her crust fully loaded with fat cattle, Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Like you say it makes you wonder how anyone can make money out of store cattle at that price, but hopefully they can because we’ve got some bulls and heifers in at Leyburn auction on Friday…
Busy day yesterday 3 of us took 2 tractors, 1 trailer, and 5 vacumn tankers down to a site at Worthing, ran up to Evesham to load today then home so not a bad day.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170425_004.jpg

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Like you say it makes you wonder how anyone can make money out of store cattle at that price, but hopefully they can because we’ve got some bulls and heifers in at Leyburn auction on Friday…
Busy day yesterday 3 of us took 2 tractors, 1 trailer, and 5 vacumn tankers down to a site at Worthing, ran up to Evesham to load today then home so not a bad day.

Cheers Wrighty.

Got the wrong end of the stick here mate, I thought you worked for a one truck man so just how many of there are you in the fleet, Buzzer.

Buzzer:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

Got the wrong end of the stick here mate, I thought you worked for a one truck man so just how many of there are you in the fleet, Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

There are four of us, three artics one wagon+drag so a tidy outfit…

Cheers Wrighty.

Evening Buzzer

Been a busy week on the machinery front but now back home for a weekend of farming, injecting and dosing hoggs tomorrow ready for them going out onto the fell.
Had four heifers in at Leyburn today but trade was pretty flat so a bit disapointed, but hey ho you can’t always be lucky so hopefully next time will be better.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170428_002.jpg

WP_20170426_013.jpg

Seems like you bin a busy lad mate and now you must be getting into the job proper, well I had a result last night as a local man who does a bit of farm machinery came and bought me bale grab, amazon fert spreader and a 20 ft container gave me a fair deposit so he will be back to collect. Was going in a local collective sale but no hassle taking it there or commission to pay either so a result all round. Today took me cattle truck to the yard and gave that a real good steam clean and wash and it looks a lot brighter now.
Going to fly tag the steers and worm on Sunday ready to turn out next week on to grass as May the first is finally here, this is the council summer grazing that I have so cant wait for that, in the garden the spuds have come up through the ridges as its been warm here and the bean plants in the green house are fit to be transplanted now so need to get that done in all so gunna be busy here and just hope we get some rain as we need it bad, cheers Buzzer.

Breakfast time in the barn, soon to be released for some doctor green, Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Busy up ere delivering tractors in the sunshine but to be honest we could do wi a bit o rain as the land is now very dry, we have’nt got our fertiliser on yet but at the moment it’s not harming as it won’t get washed in…

Loading out of Carlisle with concrete panels in the morning, going up into the borders around Kelso so should be a nice ride out…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170503_008.jpg

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Busy up ere delivering tractors in the sunshine but to be honest we could do wi a bit o rain as the land is now very dry, we have’nt got our fertiliser on yet but at the moment it’s not harming as it won’t get washed in…

Loading out of Carlisle with concrete panels in the morning, going up into the borders around Kelso so should be a nice ride out…

Cheers Wrighty.

Smart motor there, With outstanding livery IMO, Regards Larry.

Busy day turned my 20 steers out, been wormed and fly tagged so good to go, two trips with the tractor and box and there out for a bit of doctor green and loving it, every time you put cattle in a trailer or box they crap and had a full barrow load to clean out before power washing the box out. Went down this after to check them and take down a mineral lick but they are coy of me but they will calm down after a couple of days, no more littering up and feeding haylage for a while just got to clean out the barn but no preasure for that job so can wait a bit, cheers Buzzer.

Photo0705.jpg

Evening Buzzer

I bet they’re glad to be out in the sunshine, they look well and like you say a week with a bag and they will come to you.
Parked up tonight near Jedburgh done two loads up to Kelso and now on my way to Berwick for a drop int morning.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170504_003.jpg

WP_20170504_001.jpg

Wrighty that motor does look well and you aint seen much rain by the looks, never thought ide ever here you say we need some water best you send old Balders a PM and request some to be sent over, been offered 50 square bales of last years haylage at a tenner a pop and I think I may have it, it smells good and was made in September second cut but if it stays dry and the grass don’t kick on I may need it. When you think about it will only be one year oldish when I start to use it so should ne ok. We shall see some wet when we want to start making stuff which is par for the course.
You seem to be kept busy with your new job and I suspect the variety is a nice change which I was always told was the spice of life, off on on Sunday in me majic Mercedes truck to pick up 21 Blue weaned steer calves if we agree on the price and got the lean too ready for em so watch this space, cheers Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Your silage doesn’t sound badly priced at that, like you say if the grass don’t grow soon you may need it. We are getting low on silage ourselves and have turned some cows out partly because the water supply to the buildings is drying up…you can guarantee when the grass is ready to cut the heavens will open…

It is a nice motor Buzzer certainly a step up from a basic Scania highline, all the toys in it which makes life a bit more comfortable for nights out.

Cheers Wrighty.

Totally different story today on inspecting the stock as they came up to me for a sniff, just goes to show how 24 hours from being put out how they have calmed down, Buzzer.

Couple of truck pictures for a change from the farming being as they were on FB, Buzzer.

A planter for your garden Buzzer.
Oily

Evening Buzzer

Been a couple of busy days up ere farming and what great weather, warmed up a bit this afternoon so mowed all mi lawns and even got chain harrows out and did a bit in a pasture in front oft house, aye it looks farmed now…! It’s going to be a busy week marking lambs out of the meadows and on to the higher pastures so that our grass can start growing ready for cropping.

Off down to Gaydon in the morning with machinery and then down to Surrey with a tractor, so that will be my day sorted not sure where I’m loading but there was talk of Worthing so we’ll see.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170505_008.jpg