Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Aye it did warm up a bit down here as well, went to Langport in Somerset today to look at 21 Blue steer calves. Took me new truck and it went really well as its on a 51 plate, did not buy though so a bit disappointed as we could not agree on the final price so left em there but a nice drive out anyways. Then walked the dog round the council ground I got and the grass is showing signs of growth but needs some rain, Buzzer.

When my daughter was given a Llasa Apso puppy by her nan, when she was eight, the vet made her promise she would never ever feed her a bone, since they can split into slivers and spear the insides.

So my favourite little dog never had the joy of gnawing a bone.

My personal opinion is that the enjoyment outweighs the danger. So it makes me happy to see your Jack Russell Wrighty! Don’t let the vet see that photo!

John.

John West:
When my daughter was given a Llasa Apso puppy by her nan, when she was eight, the vet made her promise she would never ever feed her a bone, since they can split into slivers and spear the insides.

So my favourite little dog never had the joy of gnawing a bone.

My personal opinion is that the enjoyment outweighs the danger. So it makes me happy to see your Jack Russell Wrighty! Don’t let the vet see that photo!

John.

You learn summat everyday John I always thought it was chicken bones they shouldn’t have, oh well as you say they all enjoyed em so as an occasional treat we’ll carry on…
Parked up at Reading tonight loading out of Thatcham int morning…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170508_001.jpg

Blimey Wrighty that trailer looks mighty close to the back of you cab especially when turning unless its the angle but good to have your pictures on here. Today me mete helped me transplant out all my bean plants, three rows of them so now we will get high winds and twist all there delicate little leaves of, happens every year else we will suffer a frost and knock em back cheers Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Yes it was a bit close studied it for a bit and then moved the fifth wheel back, need room on the trailer for a 15 tonne 360 and a mini digger.
Glad you’re enjoying the pics cos there’s plenty of variety in this job…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170508_003.jpg

It was only chicken bones when we got a dog back in the sixties, but now, if you ask them, it’s any kind of bone apparently.

John

Evening Buzzer

Back home tonight after tipping mi diggers off at Rochdale, going to Scarborough tomorrow to load a tractor then off to load a large drill for down south so that will keep us going…

Cheers Wrighty.

Eye ball today wrighty .

Evening Dan

Sorry mate must have been daydreaming where did you see me…? old age eh.

Cheers Wrighty.

Busy today the slaughter man came at 8am to do me four pigs and was 11am by the time we had cleaned up and packed away, then I went walk about down on the marsh to check the cattle and they were out there proper, restricted for one week till they calmed down and last evening opened the gate to the marsh but the fly tags seem to work as none had any flies anywhere to be seen and it never took em long to find there way out there. Finally think me old merc truck looks better for a good steam wash up our yard and don’t look bad for a 51 plate, cheers Buzzer.

Crikey Buzzer that looks pretty gruesome but am sure you had it done humanely and quick. Hear parts of Belgium banning the ridiculously barbaric halal and kosher slaughter, hope everywhere e!se in the civilised world follows suit pdq! Enjoy the bacon!

wrighty:
Evening Dan

Cheers Wrighty.

A69 ,you were heading for Carlisle ,unless it wasn’t you ? Cheers .

Punchy Dan:

wrighty:
Evening Dan

Cheers Wrighty.

That wasn’t me Dan, I was heading up country from Thatcham.
I bet that pork is fair tasty Buzzer, you can’t beat rearing your own and you know exactly where it’s from…
Loaded a tractor near Scarborough this morning and then ran down to Grantham to load a drill, sat there an hour when they decided it was actually at Stamford oh the joys…now parked up at Gaydon ready to tip int morning.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170510_010.jpg

WP_20170510_012.jpg

Punchy Dan:

wrighty:
Evening Dan

Cheers Wrighty.

Dan when you look in, this is a bit off track I know but as you are a Foden fan just thought you may be interested in this motor was on ebay on one that I follow, 2006 but only done K280,000 and looks super clean and they are not normally truck dealers more agricultural, let me know and I can give you the details, Buzzer

Hi buzzer thanks for thinking of me but it’s not quite my thing but it looks a very tidy motor ,would it tempt windrush back in to the game ? :blush: cheers Dan .

Punchy Dan:
Hi buzzer thanks for thinking of me but it’s not quite my thing but it looks a very tidy motor ,would it tempt windrush back in to the game ? :blush: cheers Dan .

They got a CF DAF lift axle with crane in all ebay manorfarm2009 if you want a look, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:

Punchy Dan:

They got a CF DAF lift axle with crane in all ebay manorfarm2009 if you want a look, cheers Buzzer.

I’ll have a look ,if you see on past and present I’ve bought a new one cheers Dan .

Been out shopping today in Somerset and got 23 steer calves all weaned and off one farm so we shall see how they go on, 11 Hereford X, 10 Angus X & 2 Blues, and that’s the farming report today, Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Well it was a better day at the Leyburn spring fair for us, we had 10 bulls in ranging from 9 to 12 months of age and they averaged £1080 so very pleased.
Our top price was a pure Limousin bull by Sympa 12 months old and he made £1360 and he’s gone to a local farmer who is going to use him on some cows so pleased about that.
Home now for the weekend to do some farming, muck to spread and also the fertiliser to spread, we have had a sprinkling of rain but not enough to make a difference, have you had any yet ?

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170511_003.jpg

Wrighty we had a little soft rain last night but barely a dust dampener and today had intermittent showers coming out of Frome but we need a good deal more else there wont be a lot of grass. like I said I bought 50 bales of last years haylage and given the chance would buy a bit more as it could be short.
Good news about your calves selling well eh, that’s what makes the job worth while and I bet Alice will get a new dung fork to boot if she is lucky, Buzzer,