Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Bewick:

Buzzer:
Dennis I was out and about with me torch in the local graveyards looking for a suitable bunch of flowers to present to the Boss and got caught by the vicar and now I got to do three days mowing in the church yard as a penance, Buzzer.

Now then Buzzer that was either very brave or very foolish of you to go creeping around a graveyard late at night ! was there any open graves ? you were very lucky I would say because if the Vicar had turned up with his verger and the grave digger to check who was sneaking about you could have easily been slung back down the 'ole and filled in ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: Dennis.

I remember reading in the paper about a bloke who took a short cut across a graveyard home from the pub and fell into a newly dug grave in the dark. It was so deep and the sides were so steep and slippery, he couldn’t get out. After about an hour in the cold and dark, a second man also fell in. As he was stumbling around, the first bloke said, ‘Oh that’s great, you’ll be able to keep me company.’ The second man screamed and managed to jump clean out of the grave. The first man was stuck until morning when the verger arrived!

John.

Frome market today but no joy but did get to bid on a couple of bunches of Charolais steers but went on to make too much money. 200 from one farm today so they got a nice pay cheque on the way. When leaving to come home there was a tractor and trailer next to me and he had come from Bristol to pickup about 1 1/2 hours he said it took but you see this quite a lot nowadays and the tractors are that fast they get there nearly as quick as a truck.

PS. crossed over the border at Wellow twice today on the A36, no guards to check the permit and did not have one anyway, there used to be a petit little woman on duty there but not lately, think she was Finger’s love child as she always took a bung, life gets better don’t it, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Frome market today but no joy but did get to bid on a couple of bunches of Charolais steers but went on to make too much money. 200 from one farm today so they got a nice pay cheque on the way. When leaving to come home there was a tractor and trailer next to me and he had come from Bristol to pickup about 1 1/2 hours he said it took but you see this quite a lot nowadays and the tractors are that fast they get there nearly as quick as a truck.

PS. crossed over the border at Wellow twice today on the A36, no guards to check the permit and did not have one anyway, there used to be a petit little woman on duty there but not lately, think she was Finger’s love child as she always took a bung, life gets better don’t it, Buzzer

Buzzer you are wealthy “hobby Farmer” so if you liked a bunch of steers buy the ■■■■■■■ pen ! So what if you loose or make a few quid at the end of the process so what!!,You will have enjoyed rearing the stock! Look at it this way, there are no pockets in a shroud ! ( not withstanding your creeping around a graveyard in the darkness :open_mouth: ) you can’t take it with you ( unless you have attached a “belly tank” full of Red derv in your coffin) Now in the next week or two I expect to see a shot of some fine stock you have grudgingly/ or unwillingly bought. You tight Wad !! Cheers Dennis.

It is hard to believe this was about 35 years ago when we pulled SCAC trailers out of Pompy for RH&D, good old days when the carpark in the docks was still only gravel. This F88 I bought from Ken Chant when he invested in a new Foden, was immaculate and had a zibarted cab so no rust at all and was driven by Dave Morgan AKA “The Fireman” as he could shift in a truck and I vowed if I ever got involved in truck racing he would be the pilot, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
It is hard to believe this was about 35 years ago when we pulled SCAC trailers out of Pompy for RH&D, good old days when the carpark in the docks was still only gravel. This F88 I bought from Ken Chant when he invested in a new Foden, was immaculate and had a zibarted cab so no rust at all and was driven by Dave Morgan AKA “The Fireman” as he could shift in a truck and I vowed if I ever got involved in truck racing he would be the pilot, Buzzer.

Thats proper nice !!! :smiley: definately the best colour scheme !

Going back a while Buzzer, we were talking about hay bales on your Ford D series.As i remember i
think you said you used to stack 10 high ? due to the small wheels was a bit dodgy from memory. Well
this fella seems fearless not sure how many high but looks well top heavy !!!

DEANB:

Buzzer:

Thats proper nice !!! :smiley: definately the best colour scheme !

Going back a while Buzzer, we were talking about hay bales on your Ford D series.As i remember i
think you said you used to stack 10 high ? due to the small wheels was a bit dodgy from memory. Well
this fella seems fearless not sure how many high but looks well top heavy !!!

Probably camel feed. I saw them like that in Sudan, but not as high as that one! Robert

Evening Buzzer

Well it’s blowing a gale up ere and fair chucking it down, a bit of a shock after our recent nice weather but we knew it would’nt last. Lambing is fast approaching and luckily we brought the early lambers and the triplets inside yesterday so at least their out of it, back in work tomorrow for a Manchester, a Settle and then up to Lockerbie to load so should fill mi day.

Cheers Wrighty.

Morning Buzzer

Just got Trucking magazine and look what’s this months centrefold VTA872S

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170222_002.jpg

Well spotted there Wrighty but VTA has been in the mags before as stated on page one of this thread and she went all over Europe for us, she was a fair example when I bought her of a young chap from Cornwall who never even had a class one licence so he removed the fifth wheel to allow him to pilot. It started life in Devon pulling a low loader and this young man got hold of her, he was a scrap dealer breaking cars and the like and I told him you bring it to me and if its as good as you say I will buy it, if not we will fill your tank to go home, well he came and we bought after a prolonged deal which involved giving him a new Volvo coat which was not a problem back then as you got one with every new truck at the time and also we had to take him to the station, had to give him cash from the bank as he would not take a cheque. Paid about five grand for it but was very sound then we spent another K5 putting it right but it did work for its living, sold it to a chap from Newbury for K12 then he spent more money on her then he unfortunately lost his licence on health grounds so she went on her travels, don’t know what she’s worth today but more than I sold her for that’s for sure, don’t think she would keep up with it today but always drew attention where ever she went in what ever country too, good free company advertising a Mary Hopkins moment for sure right there, cheers Buzzer.

Frome market today and as I came through the border at Wellow ther was no one present to check the passports of the cattle I purchased albeit only seven in number on the A36 control has gone to pot there, five Blonds (the ones with four legs) and two Lims all steers 10 to 12 months old single suckled so good sorts, need more so will have to go again. Loads of organic steers and heifers on offer today and cant believe what they made they must have a good exit market at those prices hitting £1450’s.
Will post pictures of mine later as did not have time tonight as the light faded and had to do me chores before dark, Buzzer.

Very quiet round the roads today as every man and his dog seem to have disappeared to Wembley for the day. Here is a picture of a Blond X & Lim X which are two of the seven I got Friday, they are fair sized as only 10 to 12 months old so we shall see how they do, will be adding a few more to them, Buzzer.

Are you bothering to go for another bull Buzzer or will you not be risking it again ?

Hi all see this yesterday in Belgium & caught up with Carl briefly on the pumps lol

Cheers Andrew

kerbut:
Are you bothering to go for another bull Buzzer or will you not be risking it again ?[/quot

“kerbut” no more bulls at the moment, think just have some steers or heifers to run on as im’e getting to old for anything too feisty, here is another shot up by the front of the barn Buzzer

Evening Buzzer

Tidy looking animals you’ve got there should go on nicely, are you intending finishing them or running them on a bit and then selling. Very heavy rain this last couple of days up ere so now it is like a bog, brought some more lambing sheep into the shed this morning and i bet they’re glad to be in.
Back in work in the morning down to Foston for 8am then our yard at Stoke for a Droitwich for 16.00 so it’s going to be an early one for me…

Cheers Wrighty.

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Tidy looking animals you’ve got there should go on nicely, are you intending finishing them or running them on a bit and then selling. Very heavy rain this last couple of days up ere so now it is like a bog, brought some more lambing sheep into the shed this morning and i bet they’re glad to be in.
Back in work in the morning down to Foston for 8am then our yard at Stoke for a Droitwich for 16.00 so it’s going to be an early one for me…

Cheers Wrighty.

Mate I don’t have good enough grub to finish so my plan is to buy yearlings now run on grazing in’t summer then into barn for sale when 24 months oldish in February / Mrch when every one goes mad to buy, we shall see never made any real money at it yet but im’e a hobby man not like yoursen, cheers Buzzer.

R44 with its new pilot.

Hi Buzzer nice looking beast but i thought they had 4 legs or is that cross breading…lol

R44 just don’t look right without the fly swatter!

peggydeckboy:
Hi Buzzer nice looking beast but i thought they had 4 legs or is that cross breading…lol

PDB thought you had gone to ground again as aint had a peep out of you in ages, hope all is well with you mate. Going to Salisbury tomozz 7 probably Frome Friday as still on the hunt for more, cheers Buzzer.