Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Hi ERF man…
The name certainly rings a bell .
I wasn’t a regular on PJK just did half a dozen trips when freelancing , then I got a proper job with JD :slight_smile:

I’m sure there’ll be drivers looking in who will put you straight regarding Ian and quite a few that worked for both Buzzer and Paul at different times…

Cheers now, Balders.

Baldrick1953:
Hi ERF man…
The name certainly rings a bell .
I wasn’t a regular on PJK just did half a dozen trips when freelancing , then I got a proper job with JD :slight_smile:

I’m sure there’ll be drivers looking in who will put you straight regarding Ian and quite a few that worked for both Buzzer and Paul at different times…

Cheers now, Balders.

Thanks Baldrick, I never usually remember the names, the only one of Buzzers that I remember by name was Shirley. Me and you probably met before

Well … You wouldn’t forget Shirley eh!
So what’s your handle ERF man?..
I’d say we might have met sometime in 30 plus years of doing the job… :wink:

RE the Buzzer / Wrighty project.
I’ve been in touch with a theatrical agent in Wellow… He’s handled Gary Glitter and Michael Barrymore in the past he tells me… In the Alresford area apparently… Ooh that sounds painfull. ?: :question: shock: :open_mouth:

Meanwhile I’ve been working on the Storyboard for the first scene… Cue Titles and music… …

Wash Tanker plays the lead part as Wrighty… He’s the cream of the crop… And he comes up against John " Dallas " Davies… Played by Daz Surf.
Hope it’s not a wash out eh…

And the new working title is " Muck and Bullocks "… Hoping to get Johnny Rotten to Narrate but then he wants to call it … " Never mind the Bullocks " …

Keep you posted readers…

Balders quite like the “Muck & Bullocks” title, did not know you wuzz into writing scripts but hay hoe, seed what I did there mate.

Anyways think it’s game over for the Coca Cola truck as there is an agricultural themed lighting set up now, Buzzer

15380465_1314290708602212_1110562273792122464_n.jpg

Like it John… A John Deere judging by the colours.
My old Landlord on the farm in County Cork swore by them and you share the initials…

Just an update on the TVs series… I’ve swopped a few emails with the Wellow based Producer / Director / Agent…
It seems there’s some confusion about " Handling " Gary Glitter…
Apparently it was very dark on Hampstead Heath that night and it was before they put in lighting by the toilet block? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

It seems possible that it might have been George Michael.
And there’s me thinking Richard was a Theatrical Agent ! How gullible am I !!

I’ll ignore his invitation to come and "pose " for a new part in Naked Celibrity Antiques Hunt …

Baldrick1953:
Like it John… A John Deere judging by the colours.
My old Landlord on the farm in County Cork swore by them and you share the initials…

Just an update on the TVs series… I’ve swopped a few emails with the Wellow based Producer / Director / Agent…
It seems there’s some confusion about " Handling " Gary Glitter…
Apparently it was very dark on Hampstead Heath that night and it was before they put in lighting by the toilet block? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

It seems possible that it might have been George Michael.
And there’s me thinking Richard was a Theatrical Agent ! How gullible am I !!

I’ll ignore his invitation to come and "pose " for a new part in Naked Celibrity Antiques Hunt …

Baldrick dear boy thank you so much for your input,I remember when Gary Glitter lived but 10 miles from you in Droxford and was looking for people to join My Gang,a lot of water has gone under the bridge,as Mr Barrymore knows,since then. Another suggested title for the show, following a phone call from a young lady in the ■■■■■■■ area who did not leave her name was " I’m Alice get me out of here"
Not to be left out of the festivities here is a pic of me putting up the Christmas decorations in Regent St London,at midnight with an angel looking over me.

Regards
Richard

Richard I noticed the number plate RA so wondered if you still traded as R&A, should think that was the best time to go to London at midnight and personally I hate the place although I still do have fond memories of doing the markets when we were tipped having a cup of tea in the market café at New Covent Garden then racing Mackness’s and others out of the town back to the fruit gate at the docks in Southamptongood fun when all the main road lights stayed on green less any one came from a side road so jumped a few of them as well but no camera’s back then.
Also running Macpacks to Barking used to leave an hour earlier than was necessary with the likes of Bob Cartwright then we would arrive well before they opened but we had flasks and we just chewed the fat to wait till opening. Used to do Macpacks to Ford tractor plant at Basildon as well good job and Mick Sheppard who was traffic manager at Star car transporters did a night run 3 nights a week as well and used to phone me when he was loaded down the birth so when I got in the motor it was still nice and warm, MH days them, cheers Buzzer

PS. never had you down as handling all those dodgy characters Richard or should I call you Dickie.

On ebay. Robert

$bnh8.jpg

robert1952:
On ebay. Robert

Mr Roly Ward from Carmarthen will like that picture a lot, Buzzer

Buzzer:

robert1952:
On ebay. Robert

Ah yes! The man with the LHD Transcon! Robert

robert1952:

Buzzer:

robert1952:
On ebay. Robert

Ah yes! The man with the LHD Transcon! Robert

Yes Robert and a very nice F89 not to mention the 141 good to see people who restore these wonderful trucks from our past, the best years, Buzzer.

charlie one:

pete smith:
Some one is confused here!!

What I think is. The pig has a flat tyre and the dog is pumping it up.

Just a thought. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Dog should have gone to “Specsavers” maybe eh,lolol…
Joe C .

Always said buzzer old volvo the best I seen and the coulors of Davis international suits it best lt takes a lot to restore them but it’s worth it I’m just finishing a 1973 tilt and by the way I’m from caerphilly not Carmarthen regards Rowley ward

rward:
Always said buzzer old volvo the best I seen and the coulors of Davis international suits it best lt takes a lot to restore them but it’s worth it I’m just finishing a 1973 tilt and by the way I’m from caerphilly not Carmarthen regards Rowley ward

So Buzzer, Caerphilly, not Carmarthen - hard cheese!

rward:

Sorry about that Rowley territorial borders are every thing, good to hear your still at it and look forward to seeing the tilt when complete but must be hard to find a spread axle trailer nowadays. In the Early 90’s there was a chap who shipped out of Southampton and he had a triaxle trailer with lifting axles front and rear but caution needed when both up as the angles changed a lot on the corners, Have a nice festive season and keep on restoring, regards, Buzzer.

A farming question from Balders in County Kerry…

Whilst chatting to a farmer neighbour yesterday. He mentioned that over here It’s strictly Verboten to spread slurry on the land after October1st , contravention of which leads to a 5 Grand fine :open_mouth:

I just wondered if the same applies in the UK??

Richard. Hope you got yer 10p back ok. Very generous I must say.
Atmospheric pic of the old Crafter under the lights in London Town.
Would that be , The Crafty Crafter driven by the Artful Dodger…

I’ll pm you when I get round to it… Tight schedule at the moment . ( or should that be " Tights Schedule " )
I’m in rehearsals for the local pantomime .My character has a tricky tightrope sequence dressed as Mother Goose .
Should be a doddle though, not the first time I’ve been " on the wire " …

What with that and the final " undress " rehearsal of the "Ballybunnion and District ■■■■ over 60’s Trampoline Display Team " on Friday after Evensong it’s a very busy time here.

Balders I know there are restrictions of some sort about the spreading of manure but not sure what they are perhaps Wrighty knows more, also restrictions on hedge cutting during the nesting season for birds unless it’s roadside then you can get away with it.
Balders you better video that trampoleening outfit and post it on here.

On the farming front went yesterday and got some new chicken, all hibreds, some just brown, some dark brown like a Rhode Island Red and some blue/grey but they all lay brown eggs and this is what the punters like, took me numbers back up over 100 again but need it as demand is growing all the time.

Had a trip today to see a consultant about me shoulder and I have apparently torn the ligaments, needs an op to put it right which he wants to do end of January but I may postpone this till later in the year when the cattle are out to grass else I will need help all the time, Buzzer.

15420760_638261449714205_4813503924369553548_n.jpg

Well, Mr Davies, it has taken me nearly three months but I have finally reached page 255!!! I must say it has been a pleasure to read of the company escapades and the agricultural talk has had me fascinated. God, that team of gee gees look grand!
I was attracted to this thread as I worked for that rogue up at Liphook for a good few years and often used to see your boys on the road here in the UK and abroad. The trucks are an absolute credit to you and a good pal of mine used to moan at me “I was on a bay next to one of Busbies today … they put me to shame” and that was from a bloke whose truck you could have ate your dinner from off the floor. Like me, he knows a good few of your old drivers by sight and we often used to exchange pleasantries when we see them. I never got to know names but I certainly recognise Roger (WuWa). I had a couple of breaks from the Liphook outfit and thats when I got to know Horry. I worked for a guy that used to sub for Trans-EC (are Mark and Martin still about?) and occassionly I would pop into your yard to fill my 600 litre red tank up. You had obviously retired by then as I remember it was always Horry I dealt with … about 10 years ago.
I left Liphook for the last time when he gave my truck to a bloody Pole after I had been off a couple of weeks. It was a 560 DAF (long story) that was pushing on close to 600 geegees … 26 pallets of apples and it would just rumble on on the limiter once in top gear.
I then went to work for a Dutch outfit on foodstuff tankers. I loved that job and thoroughly enjoyed the job… even the mucky bits. We pulled allsorts including cream and whey. We often loaded out of Aspatria, wrighty, and took it to Germany. Nearly always reloaded Rotterdam no matter where we tipped lol.
Unfortunately, two and a half years ago I had a blackout. Not the best thing to be doing whilst at the wheel of a fully laden truck and trailer. It was alright though as an Asda outfit was parked in a layby and stopped me. Only problem, my unit was a left ■■■■■■ and so my side of the cab took the full force as I hit him at 38mph. To this day, I don’t know how I got out alive with just a cut on my elbow. When the truck was trailered back to Venlo, the technicians came down from Sweden to see. Their safety features had worked.
So I am now on the ‘retired’ list having lost my licence.
Which is a crying shame as I cannot believe you struggle to get drivers to do your work. I often thought of coming down to see if there were any vacancies but never had the guts as I knew you was such a top notch outfit. I drove for 32 years and loved every minute of tramping around Europe and fortunately it worked fine for me and my missus. She loved the fact I was hardly ever home (think she was telling me something?). If I had the choice I would be back behind the wheel in a shot but that is never going to happen as my health is far too bad these days.

I have loved reading your and the boys tales and the banter is first rate. Keep up the good work, Horry. Those are big boots you’re filling. Thank you and best of luck for the future.

Evening Buzzer

The only restrictions we have up ere are regarding the time we can cut the silage, the rest of the restrictions are caused by the weather usually by the end of October it’s too wet to travel on the land.
Been a busy couple of days up ere farming and sweeping up more bloody leaves, back to work tomorrow one load into Skelmersdale then a load down to Chester, then reload cream out of Chester for Leeds, it’s now getting busy on the run up to Christmas.
I’ve drawn the short straw this year as I’m working both Christmas and new year, but alas someone has it to do so roll on 2017.

Cheers Wrighty.

Baldrick1953:
A farming question from Balders in County Kerry…

Whilst chatting to a farmer neighbour yesterday. He mentioned that over here It’s strictly Verboten to spread slurry on the land after October1st , contravention of which leads to a 5 Grand fine :open_mouth:

I just wondered if the same applies in the UK??

Richard. Hope you got yer 10p back ok. Very generous I must say.
Atmospheric pic of the old Crafter under the lights in London Town.
Would that be , The Crafty Crafter driven by the Artful Dodger…

I’ll pm you when I get round to it… Tight schedule at the moment . ( or should that be " Tights Schedule " )
I’m in rehearsals for the local pantomime .My character has a tricky tightrope sequence dressed as Mother Goose .
Should be a doddle though, not the first time I’ve been " on the wire " …

What with that and the final " undress " rehearsal of the "Ballybunnion and District ■■■■ over 60’s Trampoline Display Team " on Friday after Evensong it’s a very busy time here.

Baldrick

I have left my 10p donation for your wreath with the other 65p we collected, as I think your antics on the high wire lead to fears for your safety,whenever I’ve seen you outside a Routiers you have been unable to walk straight ! I can see the headline in the Ballybunnion Bugle “Baldrick Flies Undone.”
With reference to the ■■■■ trampoline event, I have just dropped Mappo off in Fishguard to catch the Rosslare boat as he seems quite keen to take part, he asked if he could keep his shorts and socks on ! And in the pantomime he would like to play the one arm bandit, (does it take Euros?) Ivor Mickey. If someone could pick him up in Rosslare it would be appreciated.

It’s been a busy week in court representing one of Horry’s drivers,back in July one of his lads parked his Scania in the yard jumped in his car to go home.Wearing only a tee shirt and shorts to show off his tan he got delivering to cruise ships around Europe,anyway he stops at the Shell on the A27 fills his car with petrol as he puts the nozzle back in the pump he spills petrol all down his arm, thinks no more about it, pays for the fuel,and sets off along the M27 towards home to see his loved ones and his wife.He lights up a cigarette drops the match which promptly sets fire to the petrol on the hairs on his arm,he does no more than sticks his arm out of the window to try and put out the flames,which only makes it worse as he waves it around. He didn’t realise an unmarked police car was following,they stop him and arrest him for illegal use of a firearm !!

Regards
Richard