Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

mappo:
While out and about bumped into a fellow ex International driver near Fareham who now drives an eight wheeler plant truck, he told me he cant wait to retire like Mappo and Qwozzy and lounge about in an armchair like them, he told me to get them to save one for him when he retires, cheers Buzzer.

Kev ( Gerbil ) you,re more than welcome to join our breakfast club mate…
Current members are myself, Stu ( Quozzy ) and Paul Nichols…we,re still waiting for Charlie to pay his entrance fee… LOL
We normally meet up for breckie every 4 or 5 weeks…we,ll save you a seat.
[/quote]
This breakfast club Tony. How much? And is it a one off payment? Remember I’m a poor old pensioner who is down on his luck. Do you get a fried slice? These things need to be revealed. Answers on the back of a ten pound note and sent to my brief in Wellow. He will invest it wisely.

Please excuse the rambling as I’m addictive to Gaviscon at the moment It is playing havoc with my metabolism.

Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

This breakfast club Tony. How much? And is it a one off payment? Remember I’m a poor old pensioner who is down on his luck. Do you get a fried slice? These things need to be revealed. Answers on the back of a ten pound note and sent to my brief in Wellow. He will invest it wisely.

Please excuse the rambling as I’m addictive to Gaviscon at the moment It is playing havoc with my metabolism.

[/quote]
Dear Charlie you will understand that i cannot disclose financial matters in the public domain, so as you have requested i have forwarded the
details to your representative in Wellow, but on a napkin, not a tenner as i believe there are some dodgy characters residing in that area.
Breakfast rates are negotiable, and a fried slice is of course extra…We would invite Buzzer to join the club, but i was told that he lives
on salads only these days…Please forward your reply to " The Greasy Spoon ", Onna Road, Hants…

Sounds good to me Tony. I’ll sign up for it. Need plenty of notice though. It will take me three days to get down. The fried slice has convinced me. Happy days.

Sounds good to me Tony. I’ll sign up for it. Need plenty of notice though. It will take me three days to get down. The fried slice has convinced me. Happy days.

Sorry pushed the submit button twice. Silly old person.

Hi all, thanks for the invite to the breakfast club i am looking forward to it. No problem for me as been on omeprazole for me hiatus hernia for years so don’t normally need Gaviscon any more (well only on occasions if i over indulge).All being well it will happen march this year as she has been made redundant as of the end of December. Jan said good picture of me that was about 27 0r 28 years ago when i was still slim (■■■■■). :stuck_out_tongue:

Little bit of nostalgia tonight, this is VTA 872S coming out the Frejus tunnel plus one more shot before we painted her bound for Bosnia in the early 90’s. She had a wild west cowboy theme painted on her which some said was very apt, hurtful beggars cheers Buzzer.

img022.jpg

Buzzer that 2nd shot of the 88 is the best pic of a f88 I’v seen, great looking lorry and the reg no is from near me, do you know who the 1st owner
was? I was lucky enough to have a new one in feb 75, one of the early one’s and I was like a dog with 2 tails but I can tell you the brakes were
terrible after the Mandator, oh and awful vacuum wipers. Did a trip with a later model bout 79 I think, better truck altogether, brown trim model
electric wipers and 1in wider front linings.
Useless info I know but there you go, loving the farming between you and Wrighty being a country boy myself but Wrighty can keep that white
stuff up his way.
Cheers Norman

Firstly DT that 88 was owned by a plant hire company first, if you look back through this thread it is documented some where but I agree with you there is definitely something special about the F88 of which we have owned many also the F89 which at 330 had a lot more grunt and only LHD so good for continental work.
Now for today, myself and the Boss went out with my team of horses, bright and sunny but cold in the shade. Went MT to Lee on Solent and loaded up with a little platter of sausage and chips and a mug of tea, we went by “Tracy Island” and all looked peace full there with gates shut tight, then home wash down and indoors to wait for roast lamb dinner which was very nice, cheers Buzzer.

Photo0593.jpg

Evening Buzzer

Been busy up ere today picking tups up and calving cows, and to top it off a bit of leaf clearing now that they have all fallen off…oh the joy never ends.
One of our pure cows calved a nice heifer sired by a bull called Mas De clo this afternoon, she was a big calf and we had the assistance of the vet to pull her out so hopefully she will eventually go into our breeding herd.
It was also time to pick one of our Swaledale tups up as he has finished tupping the yows, got him loaded into the bike trailer and on the way down home the wheel fell off the trailer so we had to walk him the rest of the way… whats that they say about preventative maintanence ? :blush:

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20161205_016.jpg

WP_20161205_012.jpg

WP_20161205_011.jpg

WP_20161205_030.jpg

Wrighty what a stonking good outfit of a cow & calf, better they inside when you get problems eh. Don’t look to hot where you are especially when you get up a bit, don’t take long for animals to learn to come to a shout if there is food in the offing even my chicken are trained to a call and hey they will eat pretty much anything you chuck at them.
Been busy converting my pig sty to a temporary chicken rearing unit the reason being is I cant keep up with egg sales and I don’t want a relapse with less eggs to sell and as the new chicken are not quite point of lay my plan is to get em going and when they are up to speed dispose of some of the older birds then hopefully we don’t have a drop in sales, just hate it when some one calls and you cant serve them but most are regular punters and local and call next day.
Think I might have sold me topper but as they say never sold till you got the folding in yer hand, sposed to be coming Thursday to collect we shall see if he turns up.
Got me Bull back from me mate who had him for three months, put him back in with the cows don’t know weather to hang on to him at six year old or get a younger one, he is good on his feet and got all my cows in calf according to the PD results but then with ten cows he’s not overworked either,
As for your preventative maintenance it’s summit you always never seem to get around to but always catches you out in the end usually at the least convenient moment and its nearly always peeing down at the time. On that note had me man blow all the leaves of the roof’s of the barn as nearly all shed now and clear the gutters case we have a down poor, well that’s my round up for today cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer, thank you for answering, that reg no been buggin me, now i know why, that’s the later model 290 i drove for a trip with
lowloader to Epping Forest with gear to work on building M11. Cole’s plant are only 3 miles from where i live, like i said crackin
truck that one.
Cheer’s Norman

:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Buzzer:
All our trucks have GEL plus two digits the same also we have RI GEL, some on there third new truck as the DVLA got greedy, my own is
GEL 555 which is on retention no posh motor to put it on that is till I find a nice Austin Healy 3000, Buzzer.

Morning all… I’ve been busy lately and not had time to " Clock On "
Looks like there’s a fair bit of reading to do to catch up. Thanks for your concern a few posts back JD… All is good here and rest assured I’ll keep you and Wrighty informed weather wise …
Last year we’d had three big storms and floods by this time but all fairly calm this year…

My daughter Faye sent me some long forgotten pics…
This one of her in front of L22 I think ( Horrie will know! ) , on the way back from Sicily , 1995.
She was 10 then and in her Thirties now :open_mouth: and Horrie in his 40’s!
Time Marches On. Never a truer word!

Cheers for now…Balders.

Good to hear from you again Balders, thought you may have passed away and was getting worried as I had not heard if you had left me anything from your estate in yer will like, seems you are still taking in the fresh air in the Emerald Isle and no doubt some Guiness as well.
Poor old Wrighty has already had some of that white stuff so don’t envy him and Alice, bin cold round here lately but a bit milder now in the run up to Christmas which I hate.
You mentioned Sicily never ever been me self the furthest I ever got was down the bottom of the boot to Tarranto with Mappo, palm tree’s on the road side and snowing like a goodun which they had not had for years, put that down to Tone he had powers to change things except his diet, did a UK trip to Scotland once with him with SCAC trailers loaded with ATO CHEM, left after lunch Sunday got back Tuesday night and he had sausage, egg & chips about six times even when there was a good roast dinner to be had, Cheers Buzzer.

Glad all is good down on the farm… Good setup you have there .
There’s an interesting programme called " The Yorkshire Vet " on the box. They quite often feature a bit of cattle etc…

With all the interest in you and Wrightys going on and the popularity of fly on the wall programmes I’m surprised the Wellow Wanderer hasn’t secured a TV opportunity for you?

" Davies and Wright Do It Dirty " might be a good working title… :open_mouth:

I attach a pic of me whilst doing a bit for an " Enemy " outfit…

I publish it for three reasons… One, the epitome of the windswept mullet circa mid 90’s
Two, to show Mappo the art of wearing sandals WITHOUT socks :open_mouth:
Three, to show that I look NOTHING like Baldrick :wink:

Baldrick1953:
There’s an interesting programme called " The Yorkshire Vet " on the box. They quite often feature a bit of cattle etc…

With all the interest in you and Wrightys going on and the popularity of fly on the wall programmes I’m surprised the Wellow Wanderer hasn’t secured a TV opportunity for you?

I publish it for three reasons… One, the epitome of the windswept mullet circa mid 90’s
Three, to show that I look NOTHING like Baldrick :wink:[/quot

Double wammy there Balders , PJK and if not mistaken Euro Market Fright truck belonging to the entrepenure Mark Dellagarna.

Buzzer:

Baldrick1953:

Three, to show that I look NOTHING like Baldrick :wink:[/quot

Double wammy there Balders , PJK and if not mistaken Euro Market Fright truck belonging to the entrepenure Mark Dellagarna.

Hi Stu,

I am so glad you are alive and kicking,I tried to get hold of you as we were doing a job in Kildare,and was looking for some cheap B & B. Mappo had organised a whip round to buy a wreath as like John says we thought you had passed away ! I’ll have to get hold of him to get my 10 p. back that I put in.

I’m working on the TV show any titles you can come up with would help.

Did a couple of jobs for Mark recently to the Isle of Wight in one of my Sprinters.

Regards
Richard

Wrighty look out mate we are going to be famous if this television program lark takes of like Balders thinks it will, seems like there is a bit of a keen following for all things agricultural on this thread, if it goes virus you may even be able to give up the driving game and help Alice a bit more up on the farm, I say up cos you are a bit higher where you are.
As for a name this needs careful consideration, it needs to be thought out as after the TV series I envisage book deals and toys of model farms who knows where it will all end, it will be move over the Archers let the new generation in.
We will of course have a online shop selling all sorts of merchandise just like Steady Eddie, he made more money selling that crap than he did doing haulage so that’s the way to go.
So over to all our loyal followers we need a name, a good name, we could also do farm tours just thought of that wow the options are endless, now I wont be able to sleep tonight now and its all down to Balders and his madcap ideas, Buzzer.

PS. Our learned friend from Wellow will be our legal executive even though he only put in 10p he’s cheap that’s why he’s got the job.

Baldrick1953:

Three, to show that I look NOTHING like Baldrick :wink:

Hello Baldrick, as you were on for Paul in the early nineties do you remember Ian King or Kean? He drove a 4x2 streamline with a brand new Cheruae trailer and I hit it off with him when we shipped out of Ancona for Athens, on the way back we both loaded out of Taranto for Barcelona. We got tipped, went our separate ways and as sometimes happened back then I never saw him again which was a shame

Evening Buzzer

Maybe the “Samaritans” after losing a calf yesterday, or Ooh arr get of moiii land…good to see Baldrick back online seems an age since he was ere last.
Have to admit Baldrick the recent weather you have been sending us has been much appreciated, but the last couple of days has seen the land turn to mush again!!!

Cheers Wrighty.

What has happened to deckpeggythingy?