David Bowie has died

RIP

bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35278872

Sad news one of the greatest musicians to walk the earth

I’m totally heartbroken

Gutted

One of my favourites of his. Inspirational and beautiful at the same time…

youtu.be/Tgcc5V9Hu3g

Apologies fo not being able to embed the video. For some reason i keeps coming up “error, site not recognised”

Anyway, RIP David.

A very sad day indeed. One of those legends you just assumed that would be around forever.

Shocked when I saw this on TV news this morning and felt a bit gutted really. R I P

Another legend bows out. I had no idea his health was failing, so was very surprised to learn of his exit from this earth. Didnt really follow his work from more recent years, but his older classics will never fade. Having grown up with a lot of his music, its an uncomfortable reminder that my own mortality is rearing its ugly head!! Lemmy & Bowie - and it aint even the middle of Jan yet.

■■■■■■■:
its an uncomfortable reminder that my own mortality is rearing its ugly head!! .

Aint that the truth?

I would not call myself his biggest fan, I was a bit ambivalent to his music tbh, but it’s only today where non stop Bowie has been on the radio that it suddenly struck me that his music has been the soundtrack to my life! Every song played today brought a memory of where I was and what I was doing when I heard it. Surely that alone shows the profound effect he was at least subconsciously having on me?

the maoster:
Surely that alone shows the profound effect he was at least subconsciously having on me?

Bowie was a bit crazy wasn’t he… :wink:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: wibble ptang!

Totally gutted man was brilliant

Definitely the musical world’s biggest loss since Elvis.

axletramp:
Definitely the musical world’s biggest loss since Elvis.

Think John Lennon’s passing was a bit of a major occurrence.

But not really many since.

When you look at how some folk innovate and re-invent, makes you wonder how the likes of One Direction live with the guilt.

I wouldn’t call myself a massive Bowie fan, got a few albums, from the 70’s up until very lately. But listening to the radio today, even songs that didn’t particularly appeal to me, seemed to take on a new meaning, if that makes sense. I always preferred Life on Mars to Star Man, couldn’t abide Young Americans, but Changes and Heroes I don’t think I could ever tire of listening to.

Didn’t really like his Let’s Dance/China Girl phase, but I thought Blue Jean was awesome.

Just a really really sad loss, poor bloke was younger than my Dad. And still managed to knock out an album while at death’s door. As if anyone else would bother■■?

I must admit I wondered why there was such a big deal made on the radio on Friday about him being 69. No mention was made of 68 or 67.

One journo summed it up on the radio today for me. He did everything The Beatles did and much more, but he did it on his own, and dressed as a girl in high heels.

RIP David Jones

youtu.be/kMdZ1r_YVpA

One of my all time fave songs

RIP David Jones

who hasn’t shed a tear for someone who has always been part of our life ?

such a lot of public love and tributes for him .

andy187:
RIP David Jones

who hasn’t shed a tear for someone who has always been part of our life ?

such a lot of public love and tributes for him .

I’ve shed lots of tears! I even went all weepy in Bormingham Airport yesterday when they played Blackstar. I know it’s not rational but in my head he was some immortal being from another world!

In reply to another poster his birthday was mentioned a lot as he released Blackstar that day, one of his finest ever albums. A similar fuss was made when he released the single Where Are We Now on his 66th birthday

RIP Mr Bowie, while not a big fan of his but some of his music was OK, but all these outpourings of total grief for someone who just had a talent sometimes for writing decent material but dressing like a total twonk amuses me when all he did it for was to get noticed. Come on people get a grip and stop acting like starstruck teenage girls !! :unamused:

raymundo:
RIP Mr Bowie, while not a big fan of his but some of his music was OK, but all these outpourings of total grief for someone who just had a talent sometimes for writing decent material but dressing like a total twonk amuses me when all he did it for was to get noticed. Come on people get a grip and stop acting like starstruck teenage girls !! :unamused:

Blimey we can actually agree on something.Although I won’t forget the irony of fit looking teenaged birds with a preference for a pushing 30 bloke dressed in women’s clothing and a women’s hair style almost as good as their’s in the day. :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: