Dave Lee Travis arrested now?

So Jimmy Saville, Freddie Starr, Gary Glitter again and now Dave Lee Travis…

who next? I thought Dave Lee Travis was fab and Freddie Starr, but i dont know what to think anymore

Jenson Button:

who next? I thought Dave Lee Travis was fab and Freddie Starr, but i dont know what to think anymore

Muffin the mule?,hang thats what Noddy got chucked out of Toytown for :astonished: :astonished:

Jenson Button:

It’s a reasonable bet that most of those old presenters,involved on at least TOTP during the 1970’s,were getting a lot more action with the teenaged birds of the time than many of the blokes of those girls’ own age were.They certainly weren’t ‘fab’ if you were clever enough and young enough to realise at the time that older blokes like them were getting off with too many of that generation of girls at the expense of the blokes of those girls’ own age.

The subject of what happened at the time,concerning those old 1970’s BBC ‘presenters’ and pop ‘stars’ like Gary Glitter, etc and why,should all be merged in the Savile topic because the reasons behind it are all linked with the zb morals and preferences of many of the so called ‘victims’ and the BBC’s policies,and the probable reasons for those policies,at the time.

Not jimmy young surely?

Shame Harry Enfield and Paul whitehouse ain’t funny anymore. I can just imagine smashey and nicey running the prison radio station.

Don’t know why CF bothered to reply on this thread, all he’s done is repeat yet again for the 3,583,983rd time the crap he comes out with on the Jimmy Saville thread. Same boring rants over and over again :unamused:

raymundo:
Don’t know why CF bothered to reply on this thread, all he’s done is repeat yet again for the 3,583,983rd time the crap he comes out with on the Jimmy Saville thread. Same boring rants over and over again :unamused:

Why not the OP raised the issue,which is all connected and obviously does raise the question ‘what to think’. :bulb:

To put it simply for the 3,583,984th time the ‘victims’ weren’t all blameless for what happened to them,those ‘presenters’ and pop ‘stars’ were anything but ‘fab’ the zb’s deserve everything that’s coming to them,and the behaviour of the BBC contributed to a lot of heartache all round.Which obviously includes at least ‘some’ blokes,of those girls’ generation,getting left on the shelf,because of the actions and preferences of many of those ‘victims’ at the time.Just as those ‘victims’ form just ‘some’,not all of,that generation of teenaged girls of the time. :bulb:

I’d hardly say that the actions of half a dozen or so DJs are the reason you ended up “on the shelf”, as you put it. Certainly I had plenty of girlfriends in that era and so did most of the other teenage kids of that generation.

Of course there was always the odd kid here or there who girls instinctively didn’t like and shied away from, but you can hardly blame Dave Lee Travis for the cruel trick nature had played on these sad cases. :wink:

Puts a whole new meaning to “COMING AT YOU THROUGH THE CORN FLAKES”
Quack quack oops.

I stopped reading the Saville thread after 313553151031 pages of the same old ■■■■.

Cant help but wonder if this witchhunt has got out of hand & will condemn otherwise decent people who acted in a manner that was almost accepted in the 70’s.

triple-tango:
I stopped reading the Saville thread after 313553151031 pages of the same old [zb].

Cant help but wonder if this witchhunt has got out of hand & will condemn otherwise decent people who acted in a manner that was almost accepted in the 70’s.

You being serious■■?

Since when was old men abusing young girls acceptable in the 70’s??

DLT is just the start, a lot of old famous ■■■■■■ will be sitting at home scared of the old bill knocking on their door.

selby newcomer:
a lot of old famous ■■■■■■ will be sitting at home scared of the old bill knocking on their door.

Wanna bet? Its all bollox, police looking like they are doing something that is all thats going off. They need to look as if they care… :astonished: :angry:

These dirty pieces of scum have been around for years, it is so big, it is to hot to handle … To many REAL big names involved… So jack ■■■■ will happen. :imp:

selby newcomer:

triple-tango:
I stopped reading the Saville thread after 313553151031 pages of the same old [zb].

You being serious■■?

Since when was old men abusing young girls acceptable in the 70’s??

DLT is just the start, a lot of old famous ■■■■■■ will be sitting at home scared of the old bill knocking on their door.

terry wogan■■? me ole granny il be devastated :open_mouth:

49er:

selby newcomer:
a lot of old famous ■■■■■■ will be sitting at home scared of the old bill knocking on their door.

Wanna bet? Its all bollox, police looking like they are doing something that is all thats going off. They need to look as if they care… :astonished: :angry:

These dirty pieces of scum have been around for years, it is so big, it is to hot to handle … To many REAL big names involved… So jack [zb] will happen. :imp:

You could be right, but I really hope not. You’re right it is so big, but maybe this is too big to cover up.

As for someone ssaying maybe terry Wogan, surely not, but anyone from that era is always going to be looked at in a suspicious way.

One of the women, who was 17 at the time, claimed in the media after making a formal statement to police that Travis put his hand up her skirt in 1977

This is just a witch-hunt. I would bet the farm that this did not cause her any offence whatsoever at the time and that if anything, she would have felt flattered. Now she is 52 and nobody is interested in her, she can just sniff the chance of getting her hands on some compensation money.

Mr Blobby has tried to get an easy jet flight to Rio :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:
I’d hardly say that the actions of half a dozen or so DJs are the reason you ended up “on the shelf”, as you put it. Certainly I had plenty of girlfriends in that era and so did most of the other teenage kids of that generation.

Of course there was always the odd kid here or there who girls instinctively didn’t like and shied away from, but you can hardly blame Dave Lee Travis for the cruel trick nature had played on these sad cases. :wink:

Sorry Harry but I don’t see it your way.Yes you,personally,might have had more than your fair share of girlfriends just as loads of girls at the time never ended up being got at by a load of paedophiles like Savile etc etc.BUT.As,I’ve said,there were ‘some’ (too many) girls who were obviously in the groupy culture and who I,for one,certainly found out to my cost preferred either a ■■■■■■■■■ with those paedo pop ‘stars’ like Gary Glitter or a tv ‘presenter’ like Savile and co at the BBC or preferred an old middle aged divorcee.While you obviously never experienced the worst of the numbers problems of the time at least in this area.

The way I see it is that just as those victims were got at by a load of old paedos looking for underage girls at worst or decided to go for a middle aged divorcee at best there were blokes like me who got left on the shelf by those same girls and that’s why some of us ended up branded as single creeps left with the choice of looking for an imported Thai bride or going without now it’s all too late.Zb em a plague on all their houses both the so called ‘victims’ and the culprits who hopefully the law will now throw the book at based on 21st century standards of political correctness just as I would now if I went for a mid teens girls now.Having lost out with the ones of my own age to those old perverted zb’s.

If it’s good enough for me to have to lose out,because of the difference between the standards of the 1970’s,compared to today,because I was too young for,too many of,the girls of my own age,then and too old for a much younger one now,then it’s good enough for the likes of those old zb’s on TOTP etc to pay the price.Although it won’t ever be as bad as the price which I had to pay. :imp:

Harry Monk:

One of the women, who was 17 at the time, claimed in the media after making a formal statement to police that Travis put his hand up her skirt in 1977

This is just a witch-hunt. I would bet the farm that this did not cause her any offence whatsoever at the time and that if anything, she would have felt flattered. Now she is 52 and nobody is interested in her, she can just sniff the chance of getting her hands on some compensation money.

If it’s only about a bird of 17 then he’s got nothing to worry about because she’d have been over age.Although saying that any bloke over 18,let alone DLT’s age at the time,going for a bird of under 18 ( adult going for a ‘child’ ) is now looked at as a paedo in the general public’s eyes.So it’s a case of 1970’s meeting 21st century pc bs in which I’m caught in a catch 22 so it’s only right that those 1970’s ‘presenters’ are too in that case.Tough. :bulb:

In the day DLT was a trendy 20 somthing DJ, I bet the girls were very willing.

But nowadays they are just after a good bit of compensation as their looks have faded & the only attention they get now is from an overweight sweaty trucker in Keele services.

I really think people should think before they post a name & allegation on a forum , it may be your opinion but without clear cut evidence & facts there could be implications , just look at the recent Twitter saga over the last couple of days , just be careful what you post for all to see on a forum…