Dash cam recommendation?

Hi all

I’ve been looking at dash cams on flea bay, the amount on offer is more than I thought. Any recommendations from experience welcome.

I had one of the cheap ones but I’ve recently got a transcend drive pro.
Such better quality and field of vision. It’s worth spending the extra money.

Is it the drive pro 200? I was looking at this one as it looks like the image quality is good. Is it easy to use and dose it have a button you can press which safeguards the memory of the last driving segment in an accident?

Personally I’ve got one of these.
amazon.co.uk/E-PRANCE-Origin … 1+dash+cam
Tried a few cheaper ones for the company vans and nothing even comes close to the quality of the Eprance one.

I use this one…
amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KT7PC6Q

Quite impressed with it for the price.
No night vision, not really needed for me though but there are other models with it.
Instructions in Chinglish but it’s straight forward enough to work out.

Might sound a dumb question

Whats the point of a dash cam anyway… is it for insurance purposes for something ? :open_mouth:

Mattw996:
Is it the drive pro 200? I was looking at this one as it looks like the image quality is good. Is it easy to use and dose it have a button you can press which safeguards the memory of the last driving segment in an accident?

Yes it has an emergency button. You can also live view and playback and download files with your phone (it transmits a wifi signal to connect to your phone) it saves messing around having to remove memory cards and connecting to a PC. You still have to connect your phone but i tend to do that frequently for other things as well.
It was another member here who recommended it to me.

Swampey2418:

Whats the point of a dash cam anyway… is it for insurance purposes for something ? :open_mouth:

A crash is always the big daft trucks fault isn’t it :wink:

Swampey2418:

Just I’ve been involved in 3 very low speed accidents over the last 5 years and even though I’ve not been at fault it’s always my word against theirs and the Spanish Inquisition from HR.

Nothing has come of any of the incidents but I’m sure like the rest of you the amount of near misses just means the next bump is just when. The last one the guy swore blind I was a maniac even though he cut me up on a roundabout and gave me the choice of taking his mirror off or driving over the railings.

Just like to have a video, makes sorting them out easy.

While off this week I have bought a vcam from eBay it came with a memory card, I will test it out next week. I did have a cheaper one given to me but it keeps freezing.

m1cks:

Mattw996:

Yes it has an emergency button. You can also live view and playback and download files with your phone (it transmits a wifi signal to connect to your phone) it saves messing around having to remove memory cards and connecting to a PC. You still have to connect your phone but i tend to do that frequently for other things as well.

Did you find the standard mount ok or did you buy the winscreen mount?

Thanks for all the answers guys :slight_smile:

Mattw996:

m1cks:

Mattw996:

Did you find the standard mount ok or did you buy the winscreen mount?

The standard mount is only any good for a sloped screen. You cant get the angle with a flat screen plus the original mount is a permanent sticker not suction. Ive got the permanent mount in my car and got the £8 suction mount for the truck.

I’ve just got 2 eprance 0801 cameras from amazon, £55 down from £85.

I haven’t viewed the footage, but techmoan.com man says they’re ACE.

Nearly crashed today so I’ll be looking at that at the weekend.

Silver_Surfer:

Is it a story worth sharing?? Do tell.

If you have a smartphone there are dash cam apps and some are free.

youtu.be/Eo76bkytA3o

What you also have to remember is :
A dash cam will provide some visual recorded evidence, It can work for you - and also against you. :wink:

If it’s your own cam, you can pick and choose the evidence :wink:

m1cks:

Silver_Surfer:

Is it a story worth sharing?? Do tell.

I’ll post the footage at the weekend if I can work out how to do it.