Dash cam heroes

Been taken into transport to discuss an undertaking move I’d supposed to have done on a video by a TNT truck…

1st…coming off m1, joining m25 towards dartford,lane 1 continues on into a live lane,it’s not a slip road, if your on m25 traveling East, lane 1 becomes lane 2,so I don’t need to let a slower truck in

2nd. WE ALL SEE THINGS EVERYDAY ,SOME CARELESS,SOME DANGEROUS.IF IT DOESNT DAMAGE ANYTHING OR HURT PEOPLE …IGNORE IT!

3rd. WHY TRY GET OTHER DRIVERS IN BOTHER ■■

DASH CAMS ARE GREAT TO PROVE BLAME FOR ACCIDENTS…NOT TO MAKE SMALL MINDED HEROES BOOST WHAT EGO THEY HAVE LEFT…

Couldn’t agree more people need to calm down and pay more attention to their own driving standards. If your really going to report drivers for that to their respective companies I can only imagine he has a personal hotline to every police constabulary in the country.

There is a chance the driver knows nothing about this. Some internal camera footage is reviewed by office staff or even transmitted live to office staff so maybe it’s not the drivers doing.

i would really hate to be a driver now having a cam watch my every move, i have always said someone is going to be killed on those cams and you can watch it on you tube and the reason they will have been killed is because they had the cam in the first place
these heros who think there smart trying to capture every loony thing that goes on on the roads are going to end up the ones who get clobbered by the people they have just filmed
yet for some reason they can not seem to comprehend this ? lets hope when the hero does meet the foe,its just a punch on the nose that they receive rather than a frenzy road rage attack
on the positive side at least the attack would be captured on the cam so it should help his family to claim the costs of the funeral for there loved one so its not all bad

I like the fact I have a dash cam. It’s piece of mind for me.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Dashcams are great for getting you off the hook when some pillock steers straight into your side or front of your truck… Without that footage they can always claim “He rear-ended me!” or “He side-swiped me!” when most often it’s a collision like this:-

mborg1974:
1st…coming off m1, joining m25 towards dartford,lane 1 continues on into a live lane,it’s not a slip road, if your on m25 traveling East, lane 1 becomes lane 2,so I don’t need to let a slower truck in

Firstly I agree why get a driver into bother.

Secondly, I can’t visualise the junction lay out that you mean, so if I have picked you up wrong, I apologise in advance. :bulb: …but would it have really hurt or held you up so much to let the other truck in ?

Winseer:
Dashcams are great for getting you off the hook when some pillock steers straight into your side or front of your truck… Without that footage they can always claim “He rear-ended me!” or “He side-swiped me!”

Thats what they were invented for and they are great for that but unfortunately at some point some smart ■■■ decided to post stuff online and now everyone is at it. Even if they were in the wrong, they can put it up online without your knowledge for millions of people to pass judgement on.

I know of someone who without a dash cam may well of been serving a jail sentence right now…
Basically someone decided to throw themselves under his wheels leaving the driver absolutely no way of avoiding him,this guy literally threw himself on the floor in front of the wagon,the man succeeded in his planned suicide but as they were no witness’s if the driver had not of had the dash cam he would of had to prove the bloke did what he did and he couldn’t of avoided him.

Winseer:
Dashcams are great for getting you off the hook when some pillock steers straight into your side or front of your truck… Without that footage they can always claim “He rear-ended me!” or “He side-swiped me!” when most often it’s a collision like this:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP5Sb5Ggh7k

Whilst I agree with you for the case you were making in the first video, and indeed I wouldn’t be without my dashcam whilst working, but most of the video’s that followed were complete non events.

Yesturday I was in the car (with my dashcam) on the busy high St nearby, when someone driving a artic flatbed decides to drive through the busy crossroads / ped crossing jumping a red light while I’m about to turn right across his path towards home. Why did he end up jumping the light, because he’s not concentrating because he’s on his mobile that’s clamped to his head. When I show my displeasure by tooting my horn & gesturing with my hand (thumb & little finger making a mobile phone) touching me head to tell him I can see him on the phone. He slams on the brakes blocking the junction and starts with the ffs & coffee bean shakes. Now I could’ve easily took offence & processed the video file & emailed it to his boss or the TC, but I have’nt… maybe he will learn a lesson :unamused:

Now that sounds like an occasion that does deserve reporting. Who knows if his company will care? The police might. The driver will do it again.

There is / was a London bus driver that used to cycle to n from work. He once caught someone driving a car whilst eating breakfast… it was all over youtube… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0elsNDRqLtQ
He ended up going on the Jermey Vine show where he talked about the many convictions that had come about due to the footage he captured and submitted to the Police. Unfortunately for him… upon leaving the studio he was seen riding his bike down a pedestrianised area and knocking a pedestrian over!

I saw someone in London around Hammersmith Broadway eating bacon and eggs or something like that from a plate whilst driving.

The-Snowman:

Winseer:
Dashcams are great for getting you off the hook when some pillock steers straight into your side or front of your truck… Without that footage they can always claim “He rear-ended me!” or “He side-swiped me!”

Thats what they were invented for and they are great for that but unfortunately at some point some smart ■■■ decided to post stuff online and now everyone is at it. Even if they were in the wrong, they can put it up online without your knowledge for millions of people to pass judgement on.

How does that work exactly?

If they have footage that exonerates YOU and drops THEM in trouble - then that’s not going to be appearing anywhere I would have thought?

We need to go to Russia to see “My own stupid fault” dashcam vids posted willy-nilly. :open_mouth:

“Ooh I drove up his arse, but he shouldn’t have been doing only 40 now the speed limit on single carriage roads has been upped to 50!”

Put a case like that in front of a judge - and he’ll likely box your ears and play Van Halen at you - thus sentencing you to deaf. :wink:

I’ve got a mate who loves his dash cam, he once showed me footage of a truck on the m42/m6 junction, nearly wiped out numerous cars with his driving, if that’s how he drives all day then I hope he does get reported before he kills someone.

But as for ‘little’ offences here and there people need to keep there noses out and realise we’ve got a job to do

Winseer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP5Sb5Ggh7k

This footage still cracks me up, HTF did the car driver expect to get even a car through? perhaps he forgot he had a wobble box on?

I’ve got one, it sits at the top of the screen so I don’t even know it’s there. I got it to cover my arse in the case of an accident, of course if it’s my fault the dash cam will be launched into the nearest ditch and I definitely will not be posting it on Facebook lol.

To be honest I think they’re a good idea, I’ve had a couple of people cut me up and my instinct is to return the favour, but because my every move is being filmed, I didn’t bother, it’s my lorry and my dash cam, so I can drive it however I want to, but it still makes me behave a bit more responsible, which is a good thing.

The other side of the coin is that people believe their camera makes them invincible, I watched a video the other day of a few lads kicking off in a McDs after a night on the town, one bloke was filmed with his phone in hand, shouting out “It’s all on camera” next thing one of the lads fighting turned around and chinned the cameraman as he said “Film this then you ■■■■■ I found it highly amusing!

Sent from my SM-T805W using Tapatalk

Agreed. British dashcam footage is so tame, it’s barely worth watching.

“OOh he crossed the white line”
“Oh! - He’s not got his number plate on the back of the trailer!”
“■■■■! It’s a left ■■■■■■, and he hasn’t seen that van coming up on the right”…

Meanwhile, there are truckers out there that are a total boss at their job - let’s not forget. Shame that so often it’s nowhere around these parts. :unamused:

That guy in the blue Volvo, maybe he can reverse, but so can most on here I reckon, it’s just part of the job he was not really doing anything clever.
Where I’m going with this is he did drive it a bit agressively …showing off in fact, and a bit of d. headry displayed tbh.

The way he was chucking it about I was waiting for him to roll it and surprised when he didn’t. :open_mouth:
I thought the vid was building up to that in fact