Dash cam heroes

robroy:
That guy in the blue Volvo, maybe he can reverse, but so can most on here I reckon, it’s just part of the job he was not really doing anything clever.
Where I’m going with this is he did drive it a bit agressively …showing off in fact, and a bit of d. headry displayed tbh.

The way he was chucking it about I was waiting for him to roll it and surprised when he didn’t. :open_mouth:
I thought the vid was building up to that in fact

Are you talking about the second video clip? You do know that that is a display/competition?

I’m currently being sued by the couple I ran into the back of on the A1 a few weeks ago. Without the dashcam footage ( which they and their solicitor are currently unaware of) it would be an open and shut case in their favour ( two of them against one of me), so in this case I reckon that the dashcam will save the Co I work for a rather large claim.

youtu.be/mzux9Cj-Yhk

Keep us posted on the case Maoster. If you end up attending court, are you going for a more ‘upmarket’ wardrobe mate?

the nodding donkey:

robroy:
That guy in the blue Volvo, maybe he can reverse, but so can most on here I reckon, it’s just part of the job he was not really doing anything clever.
Where I’m going with this is he did drive it a bit agressively …showing off in fact, and a bit of d. headry displayed tbh.

The way he was chucking it about I was waiting for him to roll it and surprised when he didn’t. :open_mouth:
I thought the vid was building up to that in fact

Are you talking about the second video clip? You do know that that is a display/competition?

Yeh I realised it was something like that, but he did tend to (dangerously) chuck it about a bit do you not reckon.
Maybe a bit of showboating that could have had him lying on his side,… or maybe I’m looking too deep into it eh? :smiley:

eagerbeaver:
Keep us posted on the case Maoster. If you end up attending court, are you going for a more ‘upmarket’ wardrobe mate?

Oi, I have feeling too you know. I’m thinking an off the shoulder number and killer heels. Whaddya reckon?

I reckon I shouldn’t have asked :wink:

newmercman:
of course if it’s my fault the dash cam will be launched into the nearest ditch

:laughing:

the maoster:

eagerbeaver:

Oi, I have feeling too you know. I’m thinking an off the shoulder number and killer heels. Whaddya reckon?

Yeh, but as long as you put pics on here . :smiley:

the maoster:
I’m currently being sued by the couple I ran into the back of on the A1 a few weeks ago. Without the dashcam footage ( which they and their solicitor are currently unaware of) it would be an open and shut case in their favour ( two of them against one of me), so in this case I reckon that the dashcam will save the Co I work for a rather large claim.

youtu.be/mzux9Cj-Yhk

Although I can see the shear poetry in producing the vid at the last moment and the judge announcing ‘no case to answer’ before banging her little hammer on her bench; However I do understand that you have a duty to forward evidence at the earliest opportunity and you should never underestimate how quirky the law can be. Good luck with it all the same.

Could have been a lot worse that bump.

Maoster, who’se that good looking John Waynesque dude that strolls cool as a cucumber into shot a few seconds after the lorry stops? :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: that hunk could change a hetero’s perceptions… :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

Never bothers me one bit if people pull out in front, but for Christ’s sake get your bloody hoof down and bugger off.
No doubt your company has the footage, would be interesting to read what statements the car driver/passenger come up with in the meantime, the film i suspect will be a handy grenade when needed, probably worth sending it direct to their insurer when they contact should see them backing off before it gets too involved.

I hear what you are saying Bluey. My company legal team are in possession of the footage mate, how they choose to use it is down to them :wink: . Tbh its in their interests to resolve this ASAP as there is the small matter of 26 X pallets of shot Walls ice cream to be paid for too.

Robroy, I’d post the pics mate but the patented TN common decency filter would be triggered and would block the images. :smiley:

Juddian:

Maoster, who’se that good looking John Waynesque dude that strolls cool as a cucumber into shot a few seconds after the lorry stops? :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: that hunk could change a hetero’s perceptions… :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

Never bothers me one bit if people pull out in front, but for Christ’s sake get your bloody hoof down and bugger off.
No doubt your company has the footage, would be interesting to read what statements the car driver/passenger come up with in the meantime, the film i suspect will be a handy grenade when needed, probably worth sending it direct to their insurer when they contact should see them backing off before it gets too involved.

Juddian, T’was I :smiley: . A few folk have asked why there was no expletives shouted and I just say “concentration”. Like you I come from an age where 100% braking effort could well end up with the trailer overtaking you so I was concentrating fully on stopping it in a straight line without involving anyone else in it. Any time spent shouting, bawling or having a hissy fit would detract from the job in hand.

The statements of the two in the car was that they were minding their own business sedately driving along when I suddenly carreered into the back of them! Good luck with that story.

As I said to Bluey Circles the footage is in the hands of XPO’s legal team. How they choose to proceed is down to them. I’m thinking of getting in touch with a no win no fee shyster myself as I’m deeply traumatised by the incident and haven’t been able to have children since this shocking incident!

the maoster:

Juddian:

T’was I :smiley: .!

You !!! phwoar :laughing: :laughing:

the maoster:
I hear what you are saying Bluey. My company legal team are in possession of the footage mate, how they choose to use it is down to them :wink: . Tbh its in their interests to resolve this ASAP as there is the small matter of 26 X pallets of shot Walls ice cream to be paid for too.

It would be interesting to know why they are delaying the video evidence, but I’m sure they will know exactly what they are doing and will be acting towards an exacting purpose. I suppose it may be worthwhile hanging back a little and give the other party time to dig themselves into a hole then be able to show through irrefutable evidence where they were completely wrong, all the same I guess it would be a very risky game for us to play though.

the maoster:

youtu.be/mzux9Cj-Yhk

what are you going to say when asked why you didn’t start to slow down when you could see the car in the gap ? as it was clearly a hazard you should of noticed and taken action on so as to avoid an accident. its a bit like a kid running out in the road we as drivers should expect it and drive accordingly, on that video it shows no slow down at all which if you had of slowed down would of put you in the clear in my book.
its no good remember in court trying to say the other side shouldn’t of pulled out even if it is there fault the sad thing is being a professional driver means we are highly trained drivers compared to the novice car driver so if they can find anything at all like the speed you was doing or if you should of slowed down as your a professional etc it all stacks up against the truck driver

that is why we have to refuse jobs if there is any sort of danger no matter how small the load or wagon doesn’t leave the yard as its the drivers neck on the line and in the eyes of the law we are the experts at driving and should always be driving like it

it will be interesting to know the out come

Sometimes though Pete, hesitation/lifting off on our part given that set of circumstances can actually encourage a lunge out of a junction.

desypete:

the maoster:

youtu.be/mzux9Cj-Yhk

what are you going to say when asked why you didn’t start to slow down when you could see the car in the gap ? as it was clearly a hazard you should of noticed and taken action on so as to avoid an accident. its a bit like a kid running out in the road we as drivers should expect it and drive accordingly, on that video it shows no slow down at all which if you had of slowed down would of put you in the clear in my book.
its no good remember in court trying to say the other side shouldn’t of pulled out even if it is there fault the sad thing is being a professional driver means we are highly trained drivers compared to the novice car driver so if they can find anything at all like the speed you was doing or if you should of slowed down as your a professional etc it all stacks up against the truck driver

that is why we have to refuse jobs if there is any sort of danger no matter how small the load or wagon doesn’t leave the yard as its the drivers neck on the line and in the eyes of the law we are the experts at driving and should always be driving like it

Think you’re being a bit harsh there Pete, if I remember the original post, Moaster was fully loaded. He did well to slow down as much as he did and would probably have avoided the collision if the car hadn’t braked after pulling in front.

This maoster incident is outrageous (in terms of the 2nd party’s actions) and I hope they perjure themselves in court and they pay an appropriate price. As for the “withholding” of undeniable video evidence in order to achieve this appropriate outcome, the maoster should be absolutely sure he is squeaky clean in his actions (or lack thereof) and that it is legally admissible etc. Still, not looking good for them at the moment, the rotters!

Edit: + of course the independent wtinesses might have something to say about the other person’s driving. What a cheek of them to try this on, but that’s how many people are I suppose! I hope all this comment doesn’t adversely affect the case.

desypete:

the maoster:

youtu.be/mzux9Cj-Yhk

That’s a fair point Pete, and equally fair of you to ask it, and the simple truth is that in a perfect world I would have come off the gas the second I saw the car. The reality is though that we are faced with tens if not hundreds of such scenarios each day and maybe wrongly we rely on the other person NOT to be an eejit and endanger themselves.

So whilst I will happily concede your valid point I feel that we as pro drivers have to hit that sweet spot between making progress and not becoming a nuisance to other road users by being a dithering Doris.

Captain Caveman 76:

desypete:

the maoster:

youtu.be/mzux9Cj-Yhk

Think you’re being a bit harsh there Pete, if I remember the original post, Moaster was fully loaded. He did well to slow down as much as he did and would probably have avoided the collision if the car hadn’t braked after pulling in front.

i am only thinking like the legal brains think i am not being a judge on it as these things do happen but the point i am making that in the eyes of the law a car driver v a truck driver the truck driver is held up because of the fact of the professional status
its easy after an event to go through things and find things wrong and point them out as it the nature of how firms react when things go wrong and the driver is left out on there own to carry the can

my first viewing of the cam footage is to see what the truck driver did or might of done wrong, not what the car driver did as that is all the legal team will be looking for and if they can find anything at all then they will go for it.
even if the driver had something in his windscreen during the time of the accident they could get there side out of the mess with a claim the drivers vision was impaired its amazing how these guy work on the smallest detail and blow it up
you might find that both sides insurance companies settle there own damages as that is what happens a lot of the time if a legal team can find anything at all that can point any sort of suspect on a hgv driver