Dartford crossing closed both ways

Does anybody know if besides the fruitcake running around they have actually found anything dodgy.

Shut till 12 tomorrow. What’s best route round it? I’m on m6 heading for Davis Turner Dartford? Blackwall tunnel?

pavaroti:
Shut till 12 tomorrow. What’s best route round it? I’m on m6 heading for Davis Turner Dartford? Blackwall tunnel?

Yes if you fit and they haven’t shut it for roadworks. Either that its m40 and round the bottom side.

dowahdiddyman:
Does anybody know if besides the fruitcake running around they have actually found anything dodgy.

Just been on the news as ‘no longer a threat’ !! However Dover is now at a standstill apparently a suspicious package involving a coach, both incidents are meant to be linked.

14,9 trailer ok for blackwall tunnel?

15ft 6" southbound driver.

pavaroti:

Ok southbound, won’t get back out that way though if dartfords still a mess.

pavaroti:

Why not just stay on the limiter all the way to dartford down the M40 and round??
Assuming your not at the start of the M6 stretch already?

pavaroti:

According to BBC news:

M25 Essex - M25 closed, queueing traffic and long delays clockwise from J30, A13 (Lakeside) to J1a, A282 (Littlebrook Interchange, Dartford), because of a security alert. Diversion in operation - traffic can use the Blackwall Tunnel, although the southbound tunnel has a height limit of 4.7 metres.

15’ = 4.572 metres, so you’re OK and with a bit to spare. :smiley:

Good luck to anyone stuck there for the night

If you need to pee open the door point and aim :slight_smile:

FarnboroughBoy11:

pavaroti:

Why not just stay on the limiter all the way to dartford down the M40 and round??

Is that best route? I’m just passing Stafford

pavaroti:

FarnboroughBoy11:

pavaroti:

Depends how far round the 25 is stacked, its only 20 mins longer going that way to dartford if the roads clear. You’re gonna have to come off the 25 long before dartford tonight though. Blackwall will put you closer to dartford than say running up from the 25 through croydon if the 25 is queued round that far.

Thanks will take blackwall

Snowgo:

pavaroti:

FarnboroughBoy11:

pavaroti:

Depends how far round the 25 is stacked, its only 20 mins longer going that way to dartford if the roads clear. You’re gonna have to come off the 25 long before dartford tonight though. Blackwall will put you closer to dartford than say running up from the 25 through croydon if the 25 is queued round that far.

Yes, a bit hit and miss really. Going by the cards on the table at the moment if he’s just passing Stafford I would come down the M40 and all the way round to junction 3 swanley on the m25 then A225 straight into dartford.
He will be hitting Kent about 2:30 am anyway so most of the traffic would have cleared.
Pav it’s up to you mate, we are all different :slight_smile:

Boo9729:

dowahdiddyman:

Just been on the news as ‘no longer a threat’ !! However Dover is now at a standstill apparently a suspicious package involving a coach, both incidents are meant to be linked.

Do you know what the trains are like, expect its had a knock on effect there as well?

I’m favouring blackwall cos they might open bridge earlier than said

Kent Police RPU ‏@kentpoliceroads 1m

Update - Kent bound now OPEN!

Dartford Tolls Anticlockwise OPEN! Delays remain whilst traffic clears.

Kent Police RPU ‏@kentpoliceroads

Update-Following the earlier closures all roads onto the A20 Dover will shortly be opened.

Kent Police RPU ‏@kentpoliceroads 2m

Although open severe traffic delays in area which will take a considerable time to clear. Thank you for your patience and we hope you get home soon.

Result! Nobody’s told the matrix yet,shocker!!