Dartford crossing closed both ways

Anyone know whats going on? Helicopter buzzing around and que for miles. :angry:

This

news.sky.com/story/1138221/dartf … y-incident

It will be an over-reaction to a foolish action.

It will turn out to be a man with an electric cigarette again.What a drama and crisis over nothing.At least it keeps folks in jobs and wasting our hard earned tax money.

Cheers, could be here a while then :frowning: ahh well can’t help a ‘security incident’

“Find an alternative route”
Is she taking the ■■■■??

FarnboroughBoy11:
Is she taking the ■■■■??

Maybe she means for those boat cars from the 60’s??

FarnboroughBoy11:
Is she taking the ■■■■??

Not sure how far the que goes back but it’s certainly as far as I can see, I’m about a mile away from the tunnel. I’m heading to derby so my alternative route via heathrow is long gone :laughing:

Just wondering why wincanton driver thinks hard shoulder is his private lane

So they have found a potential bomb and closed north and south yet the surrounding roads and river are all open :confused:

Been sitting in the yard at Purfleet since 5:30, one of our drivers is still stuck on the bridge slowly edging forward, apparentley they’re turning everyone round and sending them back through the tunnel to the Essex side.

Don’t understand why, when the bridge was closed earlier, they didn’t clear the bridge of vehicles?? If the first thoughts are a bomb of some kind I for one wouldn’t want to be sat on the bridge !!

Be alright if you want a ■■■■■ stuck on top of the bridge, drop ya keks hang yer arse over the side and crimp a length straight onto a passing boat :grimacing:

Grayham:
Been sitting in the yard at Purfleet since 5:30, one of our drivers is still stuck on the bridge slowly edging forward, apparentley they’re turning everyone round and sending them back through the tunnel to the Essex side.

Great idea.
Every ■■■■ will be heading down the A13 now.
I think it will be best just to ride it out until it opens.

waynedl:
Maybe she means for those boat cars from the 60’s??

Ye olde German Amphicar:

We’ve had other amphibious cars since, such as the Dutton Mariner and the Gibbs Aquada.

Anyway, is/was there a nutter running around?

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Be alright if you want a [zb] stuck on top of the bridge, drop ya keks hang yer arse over the side and crimp a length straight onto a passing boat :grimacing:

LOL!

Is it still closed or reopened ?

Still closed, they’re holding the trucks on the bridge now and just letting the cars turn round, why they don’t let everyone turn round and clear the area I don’t know.

I’m glad that I stayed my side of it today, think If I’d have been caught up in Kent I’d have just written off the evening and had a night out rather than try and find a way home.

I’ve not got a proper night out kit but I do have a few bits in case of some unforeseen emergency or other.

Looking from my window in Purfleet i can see the bridge and it looks like everyone is going to be there for a long while! Unusual place for a night out! Just be carefull if you hop out for a pee in the night! It’s a long way down!!