Dangerous Lorry Driver?

youtube.com/watch?v=XBQmiuZS … r4yHtqzqYm

Or overreaction

Doesn’t look real close in the video . There’s a lot more worse ones on you tube.

kr79:
Doesn’t look real close in the video . There’s a lot more worse ones on you tube.

Exactly, Another pedal pusher looking for some internet drama.

lads trying to get there before it goes off,frig em :smiley:

I can’t see the problem, cyclist seems not to have respect for vehicles around him/her…

It’s a borderline case that yet again shows the stupidity of mixing cyclists and large vehicles at that location.

I think this one says it all about the real agenda behind cyclists not wanting to use suitable pavement space as opposed to trying to assert their ‘right’ to use the road to ridiculous suicidal levels.The ■■■■■■ lost all credibility at that point in being an obvious typical reclaim the streets eco warrior looking for aggravation.While showing the stupidity of the cycling lobby’s ( and unbelievably many truck drivers’ ) arguments against the use of pavement space by cyclists as and wherever possible.

youtube.com/watch?v=kmILhmqpGqQ

voodoo1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBQmiuZSRFU&list=PL50HnB_iNgL5EO8YEFkwJ5wr4yHtqzqYm

Or overreaction

if the ■■■■■■ on the bike had been closer to the kerb, instead of trying to take up the whole road, then the lorry would have had plenty of space to overtake

but, even with the road position of the cyclist, there was still plenty of room

Strikes me that cyclist was out looking for confrontation ,I doubt he normaly stops at red lights ,and pedalling at speed does make it difficult to get past them ,the mixer overtake looked ok ,may be the cyclist should slow down a bit .

Dan Punchard:
Strikes me that cyclist was out looking for confrontation ,I doubt he normaly stops at red lights ,and pedalling at speed does make it difficult to get past them ,the mixer overtake looked ok ,may be the cyclist should slow down a bit .

According to the law they’ll nick drivers who don’t back off to allow an overtake to be completed such as in the case of elephant racing causing lane hogging on motorways.So why do cyclists think they should be treated any differently.Assuming they refuse to use safer alternative routes or pavement space wherever possible.

shuttlespanker:

voodoo1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBQmiuZSRFU&list=PL50HnB_iNgL5EO8YEFkwJ5wr4yHtqzqYm

Or overreaction

if the ■■■■■■ on the bike had been closer to the kerb, instead of trying to take up the whole road, then the lorry would have had plenty of space to overtake

According to the cycling cause taking up as much room as possible to deny space to allow overtaking wherever cyclists consider it not allowable is the object.While it’s obvious that either trucks or cyclists need to be banned from using that section of road although it seems possible that the pavement space at that point might arguably be sufficient for use by cyclists.

Not the worst overtake I’ve ever seen but truck had to brake for and on the turn so overcooked it a little. Plenty of room though and doubt the cyclists could have crashed into the truck even if he tried.

Decent cycling at the beginning of the clip adopting ‘primary’ and not trying to nip up the inside of the vehicle at the lights.

I can’t help feel that the all bikes should have mirrors fitted so they can be more aware of overtaking vehicles and reduce their blindspots.

Preferred the 4th video though :wink:

I am a manager for a company that deals with them roads and its wide
I send buses around that part and go past lots of bikes

Carryfast:

shuttlespanker:

voodoo1:

Or overreaction

According to the cycling cause taking up as much room as possible to deny space to allow overtaking wherever cyclists consider it not allowable is the object.While it’s obvious that either trucks or cyclists need to be banned from using that section of road although it seems possible that the pavement space at that point might arguably be sufficient for use by cyclists.

Pavement, again. Bloody Pavement!

It is no wonder there are accidents when you read some of the comments from so called professional’s.

As for the vids the word IMPATIENCE springs to mind.

Typical of a lot of today’s drivers.

It is no wonder there are accidents when you read some of the comments from so called professional’s.

Typical for most impatience cyclist’s who ignore red lights or use the pavement to avoid stop signs or cut down the left of stationary traffic to try to get to the lights before the car can set off gate swings both ways

the taxi looked closer to me.

it might of been an idea to wait behind, but it was hardly a death move.

you never know how the camera changes the perspective, but from how it looks that wouldn’t of bothered me if i were on the bike.

mickyblue:

Carryfast:

shuttlespanker:

voodoo1:

Or overreaction

Pavement, again. Bloody Pavement!

Probably a lot safer in both examples than getting mixed up with trucks at the locations in question and you can bet that I wouldn’t have wanted to have been riding a bicycle through those two hazard situations mixed with trucks. :unamused:

K5Project:

Typical for most impatience cyclist’s who ignore red lights or use the pavement to avoid stop signs or cut down the left of stationary traffic to try to get to the lights before the car can set off gate swings both ways

But as you know, that’s the standard reply from he/she. Oh by the way, cyclists never do things like that. It’s always the “Drivers” that do things like that.

voodoo1:

Or overreaction

Overreaction.

It may not have been the greatest overtake of all time but the cyclist never even came close to being in danger.

The cyclist should be made to have this sign on the back of his bike.

A lot of fuss about nothing in my opinion.

mickyblue:

K5Project:

But as you know, that’s the standard reply from he/she. Oh by the way, cyclists never do things like that. It’s always the “Drivers” that do things like that.

And what is your standard reply mickey? Do you have an opinion? I am stating my view that in the video clips both lorry drivers were too impatient and should not have overtaken when they did.

What is your view on the situation? If I thought the cyclists were wrong I would say but in this case they are clearly not.

Come on mickey…give an opinion instead of replying (everytime) with nothing worth reading.