DAMAGED TRUCKS

milodon:
a coworker with a bad lapse in concentration crashed into a stau near hamburg this summer. walked away with minor injuries.

he was certainly very lucky!

certainly was. with twelve children to feed he had been better off keeping his eyes on the road though. the bossman wasn’t too happy probably, the truck was six months old and since the company always buys outright, it only had the mandatory traffic insurance.

Holy [zb]! Is that two seperate Argos accidents on the same date, or were they both involved in the same one? They’re both spine-chilling!

Two Argos motors Eastbound on the 66 collided with two Army transports heading west, One Argos driver died,

I guess it was the guy in the 06 plate, although im surprised either of them got out tbh. Looks like hell on earth, don’t envy anyone that has to deal with anything like this

Although Its hard to see, in the 3rd pic, the 2nd oncoming Army Foden’s cab disintegrated, luckily it was a left ■■■■■■ and he dived out the door,

jimmi:
Heres a few pics of a bad one my brother sent me from the garage he works for. Not sure exactly what happend but ive been told the driver didnt have a scratch on him.

The company info and reg number was removed by request.

I THINK that’s at Crossroads at Birstall and my lad (Paul Howram) is just about half way through fitting a new cab to it. The wiring loom as supplied with the cab is a nightmare. They had to wait quite a while for the cab to be delivered.

Steve

blimey :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

i’m likeing the driver walked from this one type ones they’re a lucky tale indeed , but some or the others are quite frightening , especially the argos one , looks like the drivers side of the cab was just sliced off , really going to have to get my will sorted :frowning:

C10HOO:

I worked at Argos at Darlington at the time of this accident…the guy who lost his life was a friend of mine…the guy was only in his early thirties and had became a father only months earlier…it was a sad day at the RDC that day…the accident happened on the single carriageway section just before the dual section where the little chef diner is at appleby…the other Argos driver got away with a few cuts and bruises and i think a broken collarbone…RIP Lee.

grumpy old man:

jimmi:
Heres a few pics of a bad one my brother sent me from the garage he works for. Not sure exactly what happend but ive been told the driver didnt have a scratch on him.

The company info and reg number was removed by request.

I THINK that’s at Crossroads at Birstall and my lad (Paul Howram) is just about half way through fitting a new cab to it. The wiring loom as supplied with the cab is a nightmare. They had to wait quite a while for the cab to be delivered.

The front end is just about fixed, new cab and all the other bits, he’s just finishing the new wiring loom off this week. Then it goes for the body repairing.

Greenwoods from Coleshill down a narrow lane down south.

scan0008.jpg

Swish Building Products from Tamworth had a fall out with a post

Supply & Drive from Wolverhampton after the load slipped on an island.

Rabi-Ron:
And yes he got out and walked away

god

pete 105:

Rabi-Ron:
And yes he got out and walked away

god

Did this happen at Barnsdale Bar services S/B a while ago ■■?..i remember passing a Simpson bros scania that had been involved in a nasty accdent and this looks like the truck.

C10HOO:

Did they ever find out what caused this? Sure at the time there was speculation that the army tank had fallen off the low loader. Not sure if it was ever confirmed…

Which Argos truck was the driver who died in?

Been some shocking HGV accidents over the years on the A66.

Some more of the A66 / Argos one.

I’ll leave my moment of glory here…