Daily rest??

is daily rest in the 24 hr period say i start at 3am finish at 6 pm is that the 9 off ■■
or say i finish at 6pm and start at 5am does that count as 11 off just a bit confused over daily rest any help please

hodgeR500:
is daily rest in the 24 hr period say i start at 3am finish at 6 pm is that the 9 off ■■
or say i finish at 6pm and start at 5am does that count as 11 off just a bit confused over daily rest any help please

as there are 24 hours in a day, and you have worked 15 of them, that would leave 9 :wink:

so in that case i could start work at midnight again is that right■■?

hodgeR500:

If 3am to 6pm then that is a reduced daily rest of 9 hours - cannot start next shift earlier than 3am

If 3am to 6pm and starting the next shift at 5am then that is still a reduced daily rest of 9 hours because the hours from 3am to 5am do not fit into the 24 hour period starting at 3am

hodgeR500:

NO

The 24 hour period is from 3am to the following 3am so finishing at 6pm and restarting at midnight means you will have had only 6 hours rest from 6pm to midnight and the minimum is 9 if you have one available

hodgeR500:

unfortunately not, it has you both ways :imp:

if you finished at 6.00pm and started at midnight common sense would tell you that is only 6 hours off so the answer is NO the earliest you could start again would be 3.00 am after 9 hours off provided you hav,nt done so 3 times already that week.

weewulliewinkie:
if you finished at 6.00pm and started at midnight common sense would tell you that is only 6 hours off so the answer is NO the earliest you could start again would be 3.00 am after 9 hours off provided you hav,nt done so 3 times already since the end of the last weeky rest.

Fixed that for you :wink:

yeah i thought that but i was just making sure as it was in the same 24 hr period

also is it best to take the card out at night or just switch it to bed

hodgeR500:
yeah i thought that but i was just making sure as it was in the same 24 hr period

If you start work at 6am, then by the following morning at 6am you must have completed your 11 hour daily rest, you can reduce if you have any reductions left but always think 24hrs

If you start at 6am and finish at 2100 you obviously only have 9 hours to rest in. It doesn’t matter whether you start work at 8am the following day, you have still only had a reduced 9 hours rest.

hodgeR500:

I find it best to take the card out, that way it prompts me to enter my finish location (i.e UK), which is not something i’ve ever remembered to do when i’ve left it in.

Mike-C:

hodgeR500:

I find it best to take the card out, that way it prompts me to enter my finish location (i.e UK), which is not something i’ve ever remembered to do when i’ve left it in.

I just leave it in and put it over to bed when nighting out it means less fiddling about doing entries etc.

Yeah that’s what I’ve been doing just putting it on bed at night

Mike-C:

hodgeR500:

My mate got a couple of infringements for lack of daily rest, upon inspection, his truck was changing to Other work during the night, no idea why, power spike, or rocking or what, since then I’ve always took my card out, even though it’s never happened to me.

waynedl:

Mike-C:

hodgeR500:

My mate got a couple of infringements for lack of daily rest, upon inspection, his truck was changing to Other work during the night, no idea why, power spike, or rocking or what, since then I’ve always took my card out, even though it’s never happened to me.

We had some new vehicles and the mode would change from bed to work if you put the ignition on whilst on break/rest and was causing infringements especially when nighting out but this was sorted out at our local MAN dealership.

bald bloke:

waynedl:

Mike-C:

hodgeR500:

We had some new vehicles and the mode would change from bed to work if you put the ignition on whilst on break/rest and was causing infringements especially when nighting out but this was sorted out at our local MAN dealership.

It was an MAN too I think, but I doubt he’d turned the ignition on at 3am or whatever it was saying, it was well before he had to wake up.

hodgeR500:

Are you thinking a 24 hour period ends at midnight?

ROG:

hodgeR500:

Are you thinking a 24 hour period ends at midnight?

Yeah that’s what I was thinking

I wonder about removing your card and inputting the country every night, although I always did when in Europe.

But if you never leave these shores and put your card in at 8am Monday and remove it on Friday when you finish work, the recording of the country must be correct. Certainly not enough to get fined for

Wheel Nut:
I wonder about removing your card and inputting the country every night, although I always did when in Europe.

But if you never leave these shores and put your card in at 8am Monday and remove it on Friday when you finish work, the recording of the country must be correct. Certainly not enough to get fined for

With my big mitts I have pressed ok for end country UK ? and it has quickly swapped to end country V (Valencia?) I’ve had a few weekends there! but started off UK again Mon. morning :blush: :blush: :laughing: