Daily rest??

hodgeR500:

ROG:

hodgeR500:
yeah i thought that but i was just making sure as it was in the same 24 hr period

Are you thinking a 24 hour period ends at midnight?

Yeah that’s what I was thinking

I though it might have been from your posts

The 24 hour period being referred to in the EU regs is not a fixed period like midnight to midnight but a period of 24 hours starting from when the last daily or weekly rest ended - or - from when a new shift begins

EXAMPLE
Start a new shift at 0600 on day 1 and that period of 24 hours ends at 0600 on day 2
Within or fitting inside that 24 hour period a daily rest must be taken
That 24 hour period ends either when 0600 on day 2 is reached or earlier if a new shift is started before 0600

A new shift restarts the 24 hour clock so it is possible to have have 2 x 24 hour periods which seem to overlap
Day 1 - start 0600 and finish at 1900
Day 2 - start 0400 …

The ‘day 1’ 24 hour period ends at 0600 on ‘day 2’ but the ‘day 2’ 24 hour period starts at 0400 on ‘day 2’
Because ‘day 2’ has started before the 24 hours for ‘day 1’ has finished then the daily rest for ‘day 1’ must fit into the remaining time which in this case is 22 hours
Those 22 hours contain a 9 hour daily rest which means it is a reduced daily rest as it is less than 11 hours and not part of a 3+9 split daily rest

If a daily rest extends beyond a 24 hour period then the part which goes over the 24 hours does not count as any sort of rest for the EU regs

I hope the personal way I have put this across will help you