Daily rest is this right?

hey up guys can someone explain this to me?? as i have read it you can only reduce to 9hrs per day 3 times in any 2 week cycle, apart from the old split shift 8hrs which is now 9hrs +3 in the 24 hr clock, just a little confused , any one shed a light on this.below,

Drivers must take a (regular) daily rest period of at least 11 hours in a 24 hour period, however this may be reduced to no less than 9 hours (non regular) three times between any two weekly rest periods. Note, no compensation is required.
A regular daily rest period can also be taken in two separate periods, the first period being at least 3 hours and the second at least 9 hours

or is it the same as before the new rules came in to force, 9 hrs 3 times per week, and same again next week and so on

as far as i know you can reduce to nine hours daily rest up to three times a week the diffrence with the new rules is you dont have to pay it back i think thats what you wanted 33 times :question: if im wrong coffeholic will be by soon :laughing:

OK, I will have a crack at this BUT do not take this as correct - Coffeeholic is the best person to answer your query with the difinitive answer.

I think you can reduce your daily rest to 9 hours (instead of 11) 3 times a week but the reduction must be made up before the end of the second week - go on coffee, shoot me down :wink: :laughing:

ROG:
OK, I will have a crack at this BUT do not take this as correct - Coffeeholic is the best person to answer your query with the difinitive answer.

I think you can reduce your daily rest to 9 hours (instead of 11) 3 times a week but the reduction must be made up before the end of the second week - go on coffee, shoot me down :wink: :laughing:

Lock ‘n’ Load BANG

Since April 11 you no longer need to compensate for reduced daily rests.

thanks Coffee :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :wink: :laughing:
I am enlightened :bulb: :bulb:
I must get a new book - bloody quick :unamused:

i was right again :laughing:

Article 4 of (EC) 561/2006 defines daily and weekly rest and Article 8basically says when you must take rest.

A regular daily rest is not less than 11 hours and is taken wholly within the 24 hours starting when your last daily or weekly rest ended.

A reduced daily rest is a period of less than 11 hours but not less then 9 hours taken wholly within the 24 hours from the end of your last daily / weekly rest ending. Important point to note is that the rest doesn’t have to be reduced to 9 hours, anything less than 11 hours will be counted as reduced eg; 10:55, 09:25 or 10:30 are all reduced daily rests. You no-longer have to 'pay back time if you take a reduced daily rest.

The wording about how many reduced daily rest periods you can take has changed subtly; it now says that you can take THREE reduced daily rests between weekly rest periods. In my view the following would be quite legal, although you may not want to work it, by the way you start work on the first Monday following a full weekly rest of 45 hours;

Monday…reduced rest
Tuesday…reduced rest
Wednesday…reduced rest
Thursday…24 hr weekly rest
Friday…reduced rest
Saturday…reduced rest
Sunday…reduced rest
Monday…24 hr weekly rest
Tuesday…reduced rest
Wednesday…reduced rest
Thursday…reduced rest
Friday…24 hr weekly rest
Saturday…reduced rest
Sunday…start 45 hour weekly rest

Obviously the above will depend upon shift start times and how much driving and other work is carried out to stay within; daily, weekly and fortnight driving limits and RTD, but you get the idea. :smiley:

scania245:
i was right again :laughing:

No. :wink: :smiley:

ok coffe hit me :laughing: just as well i quit the last job then :laughing:

scania245:
ok coffe hit me :laughing: just as well i quit the last job then :laughing:

3 times between weekly rests, not a week. As geebee45 pointed out in his example above the change of April 11 means you can now do more than 3 reduced rests in a fixed week.

Coffee - where do i find the april changes - got any good links please
TA

ROG:
Coffee - where do i find the april changes - got any good links please
TA

HERE or HERE

geebee45:
The wording about how many reduced daily rest periods you can take has changed subtly; it now says that you can take THREE reduced daily rests between weekly rest periods. In my view the following would be quite legal, although you may not want to work it, by the way you start work on the first Monday following a full weekly rest of 45 hours;

Monday…reduced rest
Tuesday…reduced rest
Wednesday…reduced rest
Friday…reduced rest
Saturday…reduced rest
Sunday…reduced rest
Monday…24 hr weekly rest
Tuesday…reduced rest
Wednesday…reduced rest
Thursday…reduced rest
Friday…24 hr weekly rest
Saturday…reduced rest

Obviously the above will depend upon shift start times and how much driving and other work is carried out to stay within; daily, weekly and fortnight driving limits and RTD, but you get the idea. :smiley:

I would also say that’s legal but it’s adding up to a lot of reduced weekly rest to be compensated for :wink:

tachograph:

geebee45:

Monday…reduced rest
Tuesday…reduced rest
Wednesday…reduced rest
Friday…reduced rest
Saturday…reduced rest
Sunday…reduced rest
Monday…24 hr weekly rest
Tuesday…reduced rest
Wednesday…reduced rest
Thursday…reduced rest
Friday…24 hr weekly rest
Saturday…reduced rest

I would also say that’s legal but it’s adding up to a lot of reduced weekly rest to be compensated for :wink:

You aint kidding. It also assumes a hell of a lot of POA i would imagine. Either that or you would be changing in between days and nights like no ones buisness!!

Weekly rest question - As I must take a 45hr weekly rest every two weeks. Is the following legal? I know it is more than 2 weeks ( 14 days ) between my 45 hr weekly rests but each other consecutive week ( mon-sun ) has a 45 in it.

Mon/Tue- 45 hr weekly rest
Wed - work
Thu - work
Fri - work
Sat - work
Sun - work

Mon - work
Tue - 24 hr weekly rest
Wed - work
Thu -work
fri - work
sat - work
sun - work

mon - work
tue - 24 hr weekly rest
wed - work
thu - work
fri - work
sat/sun - 45 hr weekly rest

Also can someone confirm that the following is a reduced daily rest because of the 13 1/2 hour shift on Monday, despite the fact the rest between shifts is 12 hours.

Mon - work 06:00 to 19:30
Daily rest
Tuesday - work 07:30 to 19:30

Thanks

Also can someone confirm that the following is a reduced daily rest because of the 13 1/2 hour shift on Monday, despite the fact the rest between shifts is 12 hours.

Daily rest

This is not a reduced daily rest as it is 11 hours or more - I am sure I got this one right and Coffeeholic is not going to shoot me again :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing:

blanik:
Weekly rest question - As I must take a 45hr weekly rest every two weeks. Is the following legal? I know it is more than 2 weeks ( 14 days ) between my 45 hr weekly rests but each other consecutive week ( mon-sun ) has a 45 in it.

Mon/Tue- 45 hr weekly rest
Wed - work
Thu - work
Fri - work
Sat - work
Sun - work

Mon - work
Tue - 24 hr weekly rest
Wed - work
Thu -work
fri - work
sat - work
sun - work

mon - work
tue - 24 hr weekly rest
wed - work
thu - work
fri - work
sat/sun - 45 hr weekly rest

Legal, as far as weekly rest is concerned based on the information given

blanik:

Daily rest

Thanks

Yes, it is a reduced rest for the reason you say.

ROG:

Daily rest

This is not a reduced daily rest as it is 11 hours or more - I am sure I got this one right and Coffeeholic is not going to shoot me again :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing:

BANG Wrong, again. :wink: :smiley: If your shift is just 1 minute more than 13 hours after you resumed work following a daily or weekly rest period you are taking a reduced rest, regardless of the actual amount of rest taken. 24 hours - 13 hours = 11 hours rest = regular rest period. 24 hours - 13 hours and 1 minute = 10 hours 59 minutes rest = reduced rest period.

Coffee is going to shoot me again :exclamation:
I know that the tacho on monday will show a reduced rest as only 10.5 hours will be rest on it but the ACTUAL hours of rest taken between shifts are over 11. Forgive my ignorance but I ASSUME that the rules must state 11 hours rest in every 24 and not as I wrongly assumed, between shifts :question:

EDIT - oh he has shot me :wink: :wink: :laughing:

ROG:
Coffee is going to shoot me again :exclamation:
I know that the tacho on monday will show a reduced rest as only 10.5 hours will be rest on it but the ACTUAL hours of rest taken between shifts are over 11.

Irrelevent, it’s the bit that falls within the 24 hour period that began at 06:00 Monday that counts and that is only 10.5 hours. He could start a full 45 hour weekly rest period when he finishes on Monday but it would still mean he has used a reduced rest period that shift, and if he had already used three since his last weekly rest would be illegal.

ROG:
Forgive my ignorance but I ASSUME that the rules must state 11 hours rest in every 24 and not as I wrongly assumed, between shifts :question:

Better to actually check the rules than assume, assuming just leads to MMTM. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: