a major contribution to road saftey :laughing:

Have you put a curse on my oracle machine because when I click here

transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/v … srules.htm

it shuts down and refuses to work

hitch:
no compensating reduced rest times
:cry:

a major contribution to road saftey :laughing:

Only reduced daily rests. I think this is offset by the new requirement to have a full weekly rest period at least once every two weeks. Even reducing daily rests to the maximum between weekly rests only amounts to six hours and the majority of drivers have more than a 45 hour weekly rest anyway, Friday evening - Monday morning or are having more than 11 hours daily rest at times during the week. I know under the old rules I never struggled to compensate for reduced daily rests as it was easily accounted for on other daily or weekly periods.

full weekly rest taken then -
start 0200 mon
finish 1700
rest 11 hours
start 0400 tue
finish 1900
rest 11 hours
start 0600 wed
finish 2100
rest 11 hours
start 0800 thu
finish 2300
rest 11 hours
start 1000 fri
finish 0100 sat
rest 49 hours and start again from mon 0200

I assume that this is illegal even though there has been an 11 hour break between every shift :question:

ROG:
I assume that this is illegal even though there has been an 11 hour break between every shift :question:

You are bloody assuming again. I tell you, there’ll be MMTM trouble when you do that. :wink: :smiley:

Yes it is illegal, you have reduced 5 times between weekly rest periods, although you have been compensating as you go. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

You are bloody assuming again. I tell you, there’ll be MMTM trouble when you do that. :wink: :smiley:

Yes it is illegal, you have reduced 5 times between weekly rest periods, although you have been compensating as you go. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

Was this allowed in the old rules?

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

No, there was no change to this under the pre April 11 rules. The only changes to reduced daily rest are it is now 3 times between weekly rest periods as opposed to the fixed week and there is no longer a requirement to compensate for the reductions. For years the rules have been built round the amount of rest needed in the 24 hour period. When you hear drivers saying - “The rules say I can’t work more than 15 hours a day” - that is wrong. The rules say the minimum amount of rest in a day is 9, they never mention a maximum daily working time.

Should have said in the old days of spreadovers

geebee45:
Article 4 of (EC) 561/2006 defines daily and weekly rest and Article 8basically says when you must take rest.

A regular daily rest is not less than 11 hours and is taken wholly within the 24 hours starting when your last daily or weekly rest ended.

A reduced daily rest is a period of less than 11 hours but not less then 9 hours taken wholly within the 24 hours from the end of your last daily / weekly rest ending. Important point to note is that the rest doesn’t have to be reduced to 9 hours, anything less than 11 hours will be counted as reduced eg; 10:55, 09:25 or 10:30 are all reduced daily rests. You no-longer have to 'pay back time if you take a reduced daily rest.

The wording about how many reduced daily rest periods you can take has changed subtly; it now says that you can take THREE reduced daily rests between weekly rest periods. In my view the following would be quite legal, although you may not want to work it, by the way you start work on the first Monday following a full weekly rest of 45 hours;

Monday…reduced rest
Tuesday…reduced rest
Wednesday…reduced rest
Thursday…24 hr weekly rest
Friday…reduced rest
Saturday…reduced rest
Sunday…reduced rest
Monday…24 hr weekly rest
Tuesday…reduced rest
Wednesday…reduced rest
Thursday…reduced rest
Friday…24 hr weekly rest
Saturday…reduced rest
Sunday…start 45 hour weekly rest

Obviously the above will depend upon shift start times and how much driving and other work is carried out to stay within; daily, weekly and fortnight driving limits and RTD, but you get the idea. :smiley:

mind your 48 Hour(60) Rules

ROG:

How old are you wanting to go? Spread over is something else that hasn’t been mentioned in the rules for years.

Lovlyperson:
mind your 48 Hour(60) Rules

geebee45:
…and how much driving and other work is carried out to stay within; daily, weekly and fortnight driving limits and RTD

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

How old are you wanting to go? Spread over is something else that hasn’t been mentioned in the rules for years.

I think my brain stagnated when I turned 30 and got married - every day seems the same since then :wink: :laughing:

cheers guys thats how i was trying to word it as geebee45 wrote in his first reply, but was to sure :wink: daz