Daily Covid 19 Testing

cav551:
Whatever the merits or otherwise of the various arguments surrounding the whole business, some of which are simply laughable, we have found the organisation of the NHS’ reaction to be poor. My wife has an auto immune disease, she finally received notification, that she is considered to be in a vulnerable category, in December, having assumed that she was not sufficiently at risk to be included. The letter stated that she needed to see her GP to be advised whether she should have a 3rd dose or a booster. Her GP would be required to provide a letter confirming which alternative would be necessary. She would need to present this at a vaccination centre. I took the letter to the GP’s surgery and being considerate asked for a text message to her mobile regarding the choice and a letter so that she could book a vaccination. A week later having heard zilch I contacted the surgery to be told that the Doctor was emphatic that no letter was needed and selected 3rd dose, if any consultation was desired then it would be in 3 weeks time. She tried to book on line again, and like her previous attempts before and in the intervening few days, her request was thrown out by the system because she cannot present a letter from her doctor.

On xmas eve we parked next to the local vaccination centre while shopping. I went in and explained our catch 22 situation. This was immediately resolved by someone with common sense who jumped her to the front of the queue and she was dealt with.

She was told that the chemical is the same and the dose is the same for a booster and a third dose

Im sure Cav knows much of this, but maybe others dont so forgive me if he thinks I`m teaching Granny how to ■■■■ eggs.

GPs are not part of the NHS. At least not as a hospital is.
All to do with splitting the NHS into smaller bits that can be privatised and turned into profit.
As a by-product GPs use different IT systems and the Drs need whether they want to or, to look at money as much as service to patients.
Been going on for years, stress a system and the weaknesses show up clearly.

I never liked that Anna Soubry (quite pompous) and of course her statement is completely wrong. However, the thrust of what she was saying kind of holds true. The quite large numbers of unvaccinated in hospital come from a relatively small group of people. Despite what she has actually said at the time, she does have a point. Also, 46% isn’t exactly a million miles away from being a majority, so I will cut her some slack.

If you concentrate on hospital admissions with Covid within 28 days of a positive test, this may not tell the whole story anyway. This doesn’t tell the story of the relative condition of the vaccinated and unvaccinated in hospital.

Noremac:
I never liked that Anna Soubry (quite pompous) and of course her statement is completely wrong. However, the thrust of what she was saying kind of holds true. The quite large numbers of unvaccinated in hospital come from a relatively small group of people. Despite what she has actually said at the time, she does have a point. Also, 46% isn’t exactly a million miles away from being a majority, so I will cut her some slack.

If you concentrate on hospital admissions with Covid within 28 days of a positive test, this may not tell the whole story anyway. This doesn’t tell the story of the relative condition of the vaccinated and unvaccinated in hospital.

The devil is in the detail, as always.
Re Soubury, and quoting from my previous link to FullFact,
(better repeat that) fullfact.org/health/anna-soubry … accinated/

“Ms Soubry did post a tweet on 4 January referring to her comments on Sky News. It included a local news report claiming that 12 out of 14 patients in critical care in Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust were not vaccinated.” (FullFact)

So, we can see where she was getting info from.
But,

“This does not tell us the proportion who were admitted to hospital (including those who do not receive critical care), however. Nor does it tell us about the proportion nationally.” (FullFact)

It would be wrong to extrapolate too far.

stu675:

jakethesnake:
[.

Unfortunately the hospitals are mainly filled with unvaccinated people who are seriously ill.
ion.

You are an idiot.

Charming! Coming from someone who said doctors stood around doing nothing all day. That is just one of your clueless
comments proving you are living in a world of delusion.

Just because your opinion is different to mine you call me an idiot. Do some research and show me that the people in hospital are not younger and unvaccinated because that seems to be what I am hearing from many different sources some of which are 100% reliable.

PS I take it you are young and unvaccinated. :wink:

Franglais:
I have traced that screen shot to the FullFact site.

Of course you have.

That’s why you’re quite the hoot at social events.

the maoster:

Franglais:
I have traced that screen shot to the FullFact site.

Of course you have.

That’s why you’re quite the hoot at social events.

Care to give a source, and date, for that critique of my social skills?

Touché Sir :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

carryfast-yeti:
you can see where this is heading…no jab no job

Why jab if it doesn’t stop the spread (of a virus which has mutated to, by all accounts and statistics, a much less dangerous thing)

robroy:
:shock: Seriously Frangers, …You really ought to calm down mate, you are beginning to display outright hostility to anybody who does not share your fascination with, and opinion of, this subject.

Are you having mince pie withdrawl symptoms, or just a bad day on the road? :smiley:

No, please - let him go on. He makes me laugh :laughing:

ETS:
Why jab if it doesn’t stop the spread (of a virus which has mutated to, by all accounts and statistics, a much less dangerous thing)

The jab is the only reason the daily death figures aren’t in the thousands again…?

Goff118:

ETS:

The jab is the only reason the daily death figures aren’t in the thousands again…?

Sure but why make it mandatory? If people wanna take it or think they should take it - please. There’s also the fact that if you’re going to rely on the jab to protect you you’re on the hook to have it re-done every 6 months or so for as long as covid exists which it seems will be forever unless they figure out a way to 100% stop it (and all it’s possible future mutations) from infecting people.

ETS:

Goff118:

ETS:

Sure but why make it mandatory? If people wanna take it or think they should take it - please. There’s also the fact that if you’re going to rely on the jab to protect you you’re on the hook to have it re-done every 6 months or so for as long as covid exists which it seems will be forever unless they figure out a way to 100% stop it (and all it’s possible future mutations) from infecting people.

The argument for making it mandatory is to reduce stress on the NHS, I’d suspect, but I agree with you that it’s not sustainable. Making the NHS better would be my preferred option, but can’t see it going that way any time soon, if ever.

An update on my experience.
Firstly I’ve always accepted Covid being out there just not the official narrative as to its origin.
Finally having cught it and it having started with what I’ve since found out are the classic signs of a pulmonary embolism ( blood clot in a lung atery ) but didn’t know it at the time because thought that a heart rate of 95 bpm and BP of 192/92 was no big deal.
I was advised to call 111 who said they didn’t have a clue as to why my symptoms didn’t match the high temperature/headache/sore throat etc narrative.
Just the cardio going nuts and lungs filling up with crap which luckily I could shift and cough up.
They got the doctor to phone me back who said that’s bad possibly serious if those figures don’t come down go straight to A and E.Which I thought was encouraging.
Anyway on the basis of what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger and a healthy scepticism/fear of hospitals stuffing me on a ventilator I chose the wait and see approach and went for my PCR confirmation and left it that.
I am released from isolation on Friday but Lateral Flow still shows positive and chest and sinuses still full of crap.
The resulting enquiries with 119 have been interesting.They said it doesn’t matter after 10 days.If you’re still alive at that point you can do what and go werever you like with no further tests.
I then raised the question of government sysmptoms advice which obviously totally ignores the scenario and possibility of it presenting with a blood clot from day 1.In which case forget all about the government symptoms advice.
They said that to their knowledge blood clots aren’t an issue with Covid so those symptoms must have been unconnected.But there are issues with Astra Zeneca in that regard.
I replied that according to Astra Zeneca blood clots are more likely to result from catching Covid than the Vaccine.
They said they’ve never heard of that.
Go figure.

Goff118:
reduce stress on the NHS

The NHS is an unfit for purpose basket case anyway.
A positive Covid test should at least put the premise being on a course of blood clot scans and clot busting and anti viral meds being required unless ruled out.
Instead of which it’s sit at home and wait and see if you deteriorate to the point of needing to be rushed A and E and then possibly ICU.
At which point all bets are off anyway at maximum cost to NHS resources.IE a false economy reactive response not a preventative one.

Goff118:

ETS:

You are spot on there. It certainly ain’t because everyone is sticking to the rules. :laughing:

Dont see a problem testing for what time it takes LFT to do,10 seconds to twiddle the stick up each nostrel 20 seconds to put drops on the slide,wash shave shower make a cuppa,check for results,job done. Do what you can to stay safe,dont be selfish think of others,nobody can asks for anymore.

lolipop:
Dont see a problem testing for what time it takes LFT to do,10 seconds to twiddle the stick up each nostrel 20 seconds to put drops on the slide,wash shave shower make a cuppa,check for results,job done. Do what you can to stay safe,dont be selfish think of others,nobody can asks for anymore.

That’s the spirit. Let’s all help each other. :slight_smile:

Currently upto 200,000 positives a day being recorded.
That’s 200,000 people who could die of any cause over the next month….but added to the stats as a COVID death.
Towards the end of January if current daily trends continue, potentially how many so called COVID deaths could we have in February….

English driver 1970:
That’s 200,000 people who could die of any cause over the next month….but added to the stats as a COVID death.
Towards the end of January if current daily trends continue, potentially how many so called COVID deaths could we have in February….

How does that work then? Sounds so scary.

jakethesnake:

English driver 1970:

How does that work then? Sounds so scary.

It’s scaring many people into jabs……How does that work then? Good question.

English driver 1970:
It’s scaring many people into jabs……How does that work then? Good question.

Ironically I now totally believe Astra Zeneca’s scientists saying that its vaccine’s benefits outweigh the risks.
As opposed to the NHS saying that the vaccine can cause clots rather than the bug.
I just want my AZ booster when I’m cleared to have one probably having been saved ( so far ) by my two AZ shots.Thanks Porton Down.
That should send Franglais into meltdown.