Daily Covid 19 Testing

tmcassett:

jakethesnake:

tmcassett:

jakethesnake:
Anyone heard about the new variant under investigation? This is far from over!

Shock horror, another new variant or strain of an existing one suddenly appears … just as talk of the restrictions being lifted again! This won’t ever be over, new variants will simply keep emerging to keep everyone in a perpetual state of fear and obedience.

Come on Mr Cassett , be reasonable, it’s what viruses do ain’t it? Mutate I mean, not frighten people. :wink: And apparently it seems like it ain’t going to cause any problems. :smiley:

Correct, but we have never had such over the top and unnecessary restrictions with any other virus like we have with this one, and also when you look at it in the context of what it is and the fact that for 99.9% of people it is a totally harmless virus.

Hmmm 99.9% sounds a bit dubious to me. Any proof?

I would imagine there will be a lot of people chuffed that Boris has scrapped plan B and lifted restrictions.
Does anyone ever consider the clinically vulnerable? Almost 4 million to be precise. (UK)
All those poor people that had to shield for such a long time and many still do. Do they not have a right to some freedom or do they have to lock themselves way while the rest spread the virus and 99.9% don’t get ill. :unamused:

Just this week I heard first hand of a 22 year old who had asthma and died after catching covid.
Also I believe Meatloaf died of covid because he was asthmatic.

Let’s just get on with the rest of our lives and not worry. :open_mouth:

jakethesnake:

jakethesnake:

tmcassett:

jakethesnake:
Anyone heard about the new variant under investigation? This is far from over!

Come on Mr Cassett , be reasonable, it’s what viruses do ain’t it? Mutate I mean, not frighten people. :wink: And apparently it seems like it ain’t going to cause any problems. :smiley:

Correct, but we have never had such over the top and unnecessary restrictions with any other virus like we have with this one, and also when you look at it in the context of what it is and the fact that for 99.9% of people it is a totally harmless virus.

Yeah, I’ve got eyes and go out and about in my every day life so can see the impact (or lack of it) for 99.9% of people - all the proof I need.

jakethesnake:

I would imagine there will be a lot of people chuffed that Boris has scrapped plan B and lifted restrictions.
Does anyone ever consider the clinically vulnerable? Almost 4 million to be precise. (UK)
All those poor people that had to shield for such a long time and many still do. Do they not have a right to some freedom or do they have to lock themselves way while the rest spread the virus and 99.9% don’t get ill. :unamused:

Just this week I heard first hand of a 22 year old who had asthma and died after catching covid.

Of course it is not good for anyone deemed to be vulnerable, but the bottom line is those people were vulnerable before March 2020 to illness and disease (such as the flu) - sadly just a fact of being a human being. Were you locking yourself away from these people and wearing a mask pre March 2020 then?

As for the 22 year old you mention, a classic case of propaganda at work - lets highlight some rare cases of young healthy (or mostly healthy) people dying of this hideous virus to continue the scaremongering and fear agenda. Newsflash for you, before covid 19 healthy/young/fit people sometimes died out of the blue - again a fact of life.

jakethesnake:

It’s a hard world Jake, life ain’t always fair, it’s the age old survival of the fittest scenario.
Way I see it is the onus is on those who are vulnerable to look after themselves, it ain’t my job to ‘protect’ people’ same as I would not exoect strangers to protect me if I was in that position.
Life has to go on, the country’s economy will be totally ■■■■ ed if we have another lockdown, we need to get real and carry on as normal and live with all this crap.

As for your 22 year old…hmm, if it is true there are exceptions to every rule, but to me it sounds like the usual scaremongering.
As for Meatloaf…ain’t got a scooby, he’d do anything for love, but as far as living like a hermit to protect himself, he would’nt do that…and he didn’t.

I have elderly parents and an aunt, they have had their injections I don’t think they expect anybody to take responsibility for them, they accept they are responsible for themselves.
Both me and my kids have asked them how they feel about us coming round after mixing with other people,.and they say they want to see us,
I’m sure (that figure again) …99.9% of other elderly and/or vulnerable people feel the same way…they have lived a long life and ■■■■ happens…

aljahom.wordpress.com/2022/01/1 … f-the-new/

never again?

Juddian:
The thrill of the new… | Al Jahom's Final Word

never again?

Read it Juddian…but :neutral_face:
Whether it be absolutely accurate,.half true or total crap, is infinitely arguable, but the focus of the point they are trying to make, is taken away, by the way it is set out. so therefore cancels out any credibility it may or may not have (in my view for what it’s worth
Don’t get me wrong nobody swears more than me and then some…, trust me on that, but it’s time and place, if I am attending something official or writing out something serious and important the way you come across to people determines how serious they take you.

So when somebody is trying to make a credible case in an official and/or public capacity,.all credibility just goes out of the window, by their use of bad language, and using swear words as adjectives and nouns, just shows them up to being a bit ignorant tbh.
So I got half way down and wasn’t impressed.
Here endeth the lesson in the correct use of the English language, …and my condescending attitude for the day. :laughing:

^^^ sod me got to be one of the only posts from you without the sewer filter being triggered multiple times. :sunglasses:

Other than that, sometimes such language is necessary.
I feel much the same about whole swathes, possibly a majority, of my fellow countrymen whom i no longer recognise and will never be able to trust again.

bnt-cdn.b-cdn.net/upload/videos … video_.gif
Love this dame.
Sadly no sound but brand new tube is one of her haunts.

Yeah, I’ve got eyes and go out and about in my every day life so can see the impact (or lack of it) for 99.9% of people - all the proof I need.

You obviously don’t work in a hospital or know anyone that does. Granted life can look more normal sometimes.
Surely you know someone who has had covid and suffered far more than a cold or flu?

tmcassett:

jakethesnake:

Of course it is not good for anyone deemed to be vulnerable, but the bottom line is those people were vulnerable before March 2020 to illness and disease (such as the flu) - sadly just a fact of being a human being. Were you locking yourself away from these people and wearing a mask pre March 2020 then?

As for the 22 year old you mention, a classic case of propaganda at work - lets highlight some rare cases of young healthy (or mostly healthy) people dying of this hideous virus to continue the scaremongering and fear agenda. Newsflash for you, before covid 19 healthy/young/fit people sometimes died out of the blue - again a fact of life.

Your opnion which of course you are entitled to however I simply don’t see it the same way.
Of course there were vulnerable people before covid and there were flu deaths every year but mainly in the very elderly.
This is nothing like flu and can do far more damage than normal flu affecting many different parts of the body. Just ask anyone who has had it severly if it felt like flu.

Of course you are correct some young people die every year but that figure has risen since covid.
Do you know Omicron is hitting children harder than any other group at present mainly because they have had no vaccination.

Anyway interesting to hear your opinion but I doubt we will ever agree. :wink:

robroy:

jakethesnake:

It’s a hard world Jake, life ain’t always fair, it’s the age old survival of the fittest scenario.
Way I see it is the onus is on those who are vulnerable to look after themselves, it ain’t my job to ‘protect’ people’ same as I would not exoect strangers to protect me if I was in that position.
Life has to go on, the country’s economy will be totally [zb] ed if we have another lockdown, we need to get real and carry on as normal and live with all this crap.

As for your 22 year old…hmm, if it is true there are exceptions to every rule, but to me it sounds like the usual scaremongering.
As for Meatloaf…ain’t got a scooby, he’d do anything for love, but as far as living like a hermit to protect himself, he would’nt do that…and he didn’t.

I have elderly parents and an aunt, they have had their injections I don’t think they expect anybody to take responsibility for them, they accept they are responsible for themselves.
Both me and my kids have asked them how they feel about us coming round after mixing with other people,.and they say they want to see us,
I’m sure (that figure again) …99.9% of other elderly and/or vulnerable people feel the same way…they have lived a long life and [zb] happens…

I agree life is far from fair and I also agree there has been some exaggeration to this covid lark.
It is true about the 22 year old and many of these deaths are never known about. Sometimes I wish I didn’t get to hear about them.

It’s not so much the elderly I feel sorry for but people like a freind of mine who was being treated for cancer when this started. In her 50’s, lost her husband to cancer in jan 20 and has been stuck at home pretty much since. unfortunately there are many others in the same boat.

jakethesnake:

You obviously don’t work in a hospital or know anyone that does. Granted life can look more normal sometimes.
Surely you know someone who has had covid and suffered far more than a cold or flu?

My partner is a nurse - surely that counts as knowing someone? If that’s not good enough for you then so is her best friend, also my Aunt is (albeit part time) so I think I’ve got that covered.

Also I know many people who have had Covid, none were in any way, shape or form not able to carry on their day to day to lives as if they didn’t have it - other than being forced to stay in and isolate.

My partner currently has it, she only knows this because of daily tests she takes - shows how ridiculous it is when the vast majority who are positive don’t actually know they have it, yet we are shutting the country down and seriously harming people’s lives in many other ways!

tmcassett:

jakethesnake:

My partner is a nurse - surely that counts as knowing someone? If that’s not good enough for you then so is her best friend, also my Aunt is (albeit part time) so I think I’ve got that covered.

Also I know many people who have had Covid, none were in any way, shape or form not able to carry on their day to day to lives as if they didn’t have it - other than being forced to stay in and isolate.

My partner currently has it, she only knows this because of daily tests she takes - shows how ridiculous it is when the vast majority who are positive don’t actually know they have it, yet we are shutting the country down and seriously harming people’s lives in many other ways!

Fair enough, not the same elsewhere though.

youtu.be/baEephIEB6g

And apparently the lateral flow tests are missing some of the Omicron variant and people only suspect they have it when symptoms arrive.
We obviously live in different worlds. :laughing:

jakethesnake:
And apparently the lateral flow tests are missing some of the Omicron variant and people only suspect they have it when symptoms arrive.

I was the total opposite when all this started and for for the first several months in fact, I actually took all this very seriously, I stayed in where possible, stayed away from people, wore a mask whenever out etc.

However as more time passed I started to see this for what it is (or isn’t). The mainstream media and governments have so much to answer for manipulating the figures to fit their narrative. The daily case numbers being a prime example to keep people in fear or the massively over exaggerated figures of people who died FROM covid and not WITH it.

immunity.PNG

conspiracy.PNG

injection.PNG

tmcassett:

jakethesnake:

I was the total opposite when all this started and for for the first several months in fact, I actually took all this very seriously, I stayed in where possible, stayed away from people, wore a mask whenever out etc.

However as more time passed I started to see this for what it is (or isn’t). The mainstream media and governments have so much to answer for manipulating the figures to fit their narrative. The daily case numbers being a prime example to keep people in fear or the massively over exaggerated figures of people who died FROM covid and not WITH it.

That could have been me writing that,.I was exactly the same when all this crap started,.I even kept the wife in during first March 2020 lockdown for her ‘‘safety’’ over mine, after watching the news reports from Italy…
I went out for the shopping feeling like I was some sort of primitive hunter braving the dangers :sunglasses: :laughing: …and masked up and dressed like I was going out on the rob. :smiley: :blush:

Have you had the vaccine?
I went for it after trying to weigh up the situation, I believe the Covid condition is genuine, but .still not sure if there was actually any need for the jab, or in fact wtf they pumped into me,.but I made a decision and I’m sticking with it so any potential adverse effects in future…■■■■ it, it’s my own doing,.don’t care.

As for the evident exaggeration on all this (no Franglais, no ■■■■ links to back up my opinion before you ask :unamused: ) I do think we are being fed about 25% truth, 10% exaggeration and 65% pure horse ■■■■…for whatever reason or motive.

robroy:
I do think we are being fed about 25% truth, 10% exaggeration and 65% pure horse [zb]…for whatever reason or motive.

How many other vaccines out there are based on viral vector or mRNA technology and why in this case.
Where is the evidence that CO2 cooked Venus as opposed to atmospheric pressure and distance from the Sun, let alone Earth at 0.04%.
Why do I need to go Vegan to supposedly help the planet in that regard why can’t I eat fish if farm animals supposedly produce too much dodgy gas.Prefer lobster and turbot and Cod to steak anyway.

Let me guess they also want to export all that to ‘developing countries’ like the meat and oil and gas to sustain the cheap labour force.

Believe you me RR, you definitely did the right thing getting the vaccine. 100% sure about that and there is plenty credible evidence to prove it.
I am just amazed you don’t know anyone who has been extremely ill especially anyone unvaccinated.