Daily annoyance at service stations!

So this is frustrating every day, but today I’ve been into 3 service stations and couldn’t park at any. 1 was a small services and was totally full, the other 2 (hearts head moor and birch) both had about 4 to 6 spaces available but I could not get to them due to the inefficient way the area gets parked up and then has other trucks blocking off available space. What would it take to just get lines painted on to make the most efficient use of all the space?

I’m not blaming the majority of drivers. I’ve had it before where I’ve pulled into a space then 10 mins later the truck in front of me finished his break and pulls out. I can’t pull forward though until my break has finished, rendering the available space useless for the next however long.

It’s part of trucking life but it does get annoying when you have a busy area like Cobham and you have people parking across the front or back of other trucks making it hard to get out.

I do understand why it happens but it is annoying none the less. Everybody wants/needs their break and when you come in you park where ever you can, then when someone’s else moves that often means your then blocking spaces but you can’t move without coming off your break and resetting it

Rowley010:
the other 2 (hearts head moor and birch) both had about 4 to 6 spaces available but I could not get to them due to the inefficient way the area gets parked up

In other words they were blind side reverses and you can’t reverse for toffee. Certainly at Heartshead Moor its inevitably the parking bays on the left which have empty ones as it requires a modicum of skill for British drivers to reverse into them.

Conor:

Rowley010:
the other 2 (hearts head moor and birch) both had about 4 to 6 spaces available but I could not get to them due to the inefficient way the area gets parked up

In other words they were blind side reverses and you can’t reverse for toffee. Certainly at Heartshead Moor its inevitably the parking bays on the left which have empty ones as it requires a modicum of skill for British drivers to reverse into them.

Billy big bollox has arrived , look out boys hes gonna show us how its done :wink:

andy12:

Conor:

Rowley010:

Billy big bollox has arrived , look out boys hes gonna show us how its done :wink:

im amazed conor goes as far as heartshead.

Coner can only trunk and go forward dont listen to him.He drives at night so just dumps it anywere for a break.

andy12:

Conor:

Rowley010:

I wish I was as good as Conor.Driving God.Wonder if he carry some his Ego in the trailer?..all for a tenner an hour

I’ve also pulled into services where there has been a lot of empty spaces yet many still park and block up the coach parking, is this down to laziness and not eating to walk lol

Rowley010:
I do understand why it happens but it is annoying none the less. Everybody wants/needs their break and when you come in you park where ever you can, then when someone’s else moves that often means your then blocking spaces but you can’t move without coming off your break and resetting it

If you are there for a 45 there’s no reason you can’t move it after 15 minutes if you wanted to.
Also if you can move it, stop and put it back on break in under 30 seconds it won’t reset your break.

Les Shoes:

Rowley010:
Also if you can move it, stop and put it back on break in under 30 seconds it won’t reset your break.

Careful handing out advice like that as it is not true for all versions of tachos or all makes either…

Conor:

Rowley010:

Not wishing to join the pile on but I do love the way you jump on non regular posters with obvious childish put downs yet squeal like a stuck pig when the boots on the other gammy leg.

Not that practicing blindside reversing and having confidence in ones abilities wont open up more parking possibilities but im sure Rowley is aware of this.

Parking up can be a lottery at times, what I do is go for the first available space I spot not gamble on a better one being available further on. Yes even if its blindside. If that fails just go on the coach park if its out of season or low risk of getting moaned at.

If I see a double space on the blindside I’m in it like a shot. Much easier than a single on the good side. I’m surprised how many other drivers struggle on the good side when there’s this simple option.

Sods law though theres loads of room further up but a bonus when the trucks that where in front on the way in are still trying to park when im well on the way to the crapper. Unless its a wee requirment then im ususlly ■■■■■■■ up the back wheels like a boss.
Or more acurately having a nervous trickle hoping im not being filmed again.

Some of the parking on services is badly designed and thought out.
Has anybody else noticed that concrete corner bit sticking out next to the forecourt at Knutsford s.bound, there has been a few nearside steps taken out on there when you see how marked and damaged it is.
Also Wetherby and Cambridge, which f/whit designed those :unamused: …both packed in too tight together, and numerous mirrors gone with tail swings.

[/quote]
[/quote]
rumor has it that roboconor is going to be trunking on wagon and drags…the load goes in the wagon,and the drag is to carry the rose tinted specs for his self opinion and attitude… :slight_smile:
if only we could all set our goals to aspire to being similar style driving gods where a night trunk changeover on zero hours for an agency is the pinnacle of ones career with the attitude adjusters firmly in place to justify it as what kind of employment you want in the 1st place…blindsides are a bollox whether your good bad or indifferent in your skill,usually with about 20 hops out of the cab if its tight to see your not going to scud the sides out of something…ignorance is bliss… :slight_smile:

robroy:
Has anybody else noticed that concrete corner bit sticking out next to the forecourt at Knutsford s.bound, there has been a few nearside steps taken out on there when you see how marked and damaged it is.
Also Wetherby and Cambridge, which f/whit designed those :unamused: …both packed in too tight together, and numerous mirrors gone with tail swings.

Wetherby is ■■■■■■ Got in there fairly late on Wednesday last week and got lucky as I got to the the top, turned right and bombed in forwards to one just vacated. If you don’t take your chance there you’ve got to exit the services to the roundabout outside to have another go. As for Cambridge it’s the worst of the lot but I’ve been forced to use it that many times I’m used to it and thankfully other drivers usually assist you. To cap it all it’s an Extra so no food voucher. :imp:

I don’t think you can beat Lockerbie, acres of space, all nice and tarmaced, spot on showers, food, even a hairdressers.

Tris:

robroy:

Wetherby is [zb]. Got in there fairly late on Wednesday last week and got lucky as I got to the the top, turned right and bombed in forwards to one just vacated. If you don’t take your chance there you’ve got to exit the services to the roundabout outside to have another go. As for Cambridge it’s the worst of the lot but I’ve been forced to use it that many times I’m used to it and thankfully other drivers usually assist you. To cap it all it’s an Extra so no food voucher. :imp:

I don’t think you can beat Lockerbie, acres of space, all nice and tarmaced, spot on showers, food, even a hairdressers.

I only use msa.s for breaks or toilet, never overnight on them.
You say you like Lockerbie, well it’s ok, I certainly would not fight to get there, reckon the food is ok, but nothing special.
As for the hairdressers :smiley: , unless they use flannels and not scissors, I have no use for them. :laughing:

F-reds:

Les Shoes:

Rowley010:

Careful handing out advice like that as it is not true for all versions of tachos or all makes either…

Really? My bad :blush:
I guess if you’re not sure if it works on yours then try it 15 minutes into a 45 minute break