Daf ecodrive

Anyone have any ideas/tips to increase the score on the newer dafs eco performance? Mainly the anticipation one. Can’t figure it out at all, cone to roundabout, 5 ticks on both, do exactly the same at the next and get 3 on anticipate and 5 on brakes?
Thanks
Ste

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I have no tips, but I did have the same issue and became a bit obsessed for a little while. I learnt to ignore it completely as it was distracting me from actual driving, and did not serve my interests. Just drive safely and reasonably economically.

Its my firm belief that the Eco points system in DAFs was designed by the same team that wrote the software for the DAF gearbox: (insert your own comments here) It may be a device to get drivers to stop playing with their phones etc? Its main outcome is to get you staring at the dashboard trying to work out exactly W T F is going on. Doesnt seem to be at all consistent to me. If you get bored of playing on your mobile phone, and dont think looking out of the windscreen is particularly important, it may keep a driver awake working out what is going on I spose? As an aside: its marked as a percentage… but doesn`t say what of.

Think the comments for the gearbox have already been covered in the dear daf thread! Wtf is exactly what keeps going through my head, Christ if you drove like that on a test you’d never get a licence!

Stehinch:
Think the comments for the gearbox have already been covered in the dear daf thread! Wtf is exactly what keeps going through my head, Christ if you drove like that on a test you’d never get a licence!

Welcome to the world of Euro6 DAFs ! Previous, and especially 16 speed manuals, were great trucks. Sadly they`ve lost their way. A bit like their SatNavs.

Mine was a 61plate cf auto. Drove much nicer. I’ll get used to this tho, (pretty sure I’m staying in her) and the extra space is nice!

The ecodrive is designed to make FTW’s feel inadequate when a limpers uses their unit and up’s the %. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ease off the accelerator and coast then foot down, it’s all timing. Coming to a junction or roundabout ease off about 300 yards before you get there…dunno how they expect you to get anywhere. I used to play with it sometimes just to get the numbers up. Once you figure out the timing it’s easy

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Stehinch:
Mine was a 61plate cf auto. Drove much nicer. I’ll get used to this tho, (pretty sure I’m staying in her) and the extra space is nice!

Cabs are nice: no quarter lights in side windows is good, quieter than before, nicer trim maybe? Little pockets and power point on cab back wall are good, but slightly less storage over doors and above windscreen. Mines got the 460 which pulls quite well, and would be very good if it had a sensible gearbox with it. Some 460s and 510s have buzzy vibration around 1100revs. Steering seems vaguer to me, but with different wheel and tyre sizes than on my previous truck I dunno if thats due to rubber on the road, or design changes.

Could never get above 60% in a daf but doing the same run in a scania with the same driving style i can get well into the 90s. Cant understand the daf way of scoring your driving style at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damoq:
Could never get above 60% in a daf but doing the same run in a scania with the same driving style i can get well into the 90s. Cant understand the daf way of scoring your driving style at all.

that’s because you cant drive Damoq :smiley: you know I am joking …ohh and you still have DAF we just did a water pump on one this week lol

EddieMD:
Ease off the accelerator and coast then foot down, it’s all timing. Coming to a junction or roundabout ease off about 300 yards before you get there…dunno how they expect you to get anywhere. I used to play with it sometimes just to get the numbers up. Once you figure out the timing it’s easy

If you coast then ticks will go down lower. Leave lorry in gear and let it roll, the longer it rolls in gear the higher the ticks. When you tap gas pedal even for a second ticks will get reset.

slapstick:

EddieMD:
Ease off the accelerator and coast then foot down,

If you coast then ticks will go down lower. Leave lorry in gear and let it roll, the longer it rolls in gear the higher the ticks. When you tap gas pedal even for a second ticks will get reset.

slapstick:

slapstick:

EddieMD:
Ease off the accelerator and coast then foot down,

My bad…bad choice of words… Lol!

norb:

damoq:

that’s because you cant drive Damoq :smiley: you know I am joking …ohh and you still have DAF we just did a water pump on one this week lol

Well seeing the daf was in the dealers getting fixed. [emoji23]The E6 64 plate is the only one left. Everything else is scania plus one brand new 17 plate merc.

Our firm has had it taken off the 65 & 66 plate 8 wheelers

I do wonder what the resale value of these will be in a few years time? How many owners drivers or whoever will want a 3 year old Euro6 auto, or prefer a 4 or 5 year old Euro5 manual? Can`t see they will be rushing in from further flung places to buy them either, repairing manual boxes etc is easier than trouble shooting and fixing electric gizmos at the roadside.

Franglais:
I do wonder what the resale value of these will be in a few years time? How many owners drivers or whoever will want a 3 year old Euro6 auto, or prefer a 4 or 5 year old Euro5 manual? Can`t see they will be rushing in from further flung places to buy them either, repairing manual boxes etc is easier than trouble shooting and fixing electric gizmos at the roadside.

Trouble with that is…And i know alot of folk don’t like driving in the cities and the likes…Anything else other than euro6…You wont be allowed in with the way things are going…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

daftvader:

Franglais:

Trouble with that is…And i know alot of folk don’t like driving in the cities and the likes…Anything else other than euro6…You wont be allowed in with the way things are going…

Fair comment. Higher Road Fund Licence fees for Euro low numbers would soon change many minds.

Franglais:

daftvader:

Franglais:

Fair comment. Higher Road Fund Licence fees for Euro low numbers would soon change many minds.

Yeah thats another thing they would also do i suppose…Basically forcing you to buy euro6 trucks whatever…