DAF CF cab

I moved jobs last week and ive got a daf cf its no high roof just a normal one, is it right that i can only do 2 nights out a week in it, reason being that i cannot stand up in it? according to my mate it is, but any input from you guys would be much appreciated.

thanks

steve

just another MMTM rule :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

it’s not right

Doubt it. How would firms like Walon get away with their flat roof FM’s?

killer100:
I moved jobs last week and ive got a daf cf its no high roof just a normal one, is it right that i can only do 2 nights out a week in it, reason being that i cannot stand up in it? according to my mate it is, but any input from you guys would be much appreciated.

thanks

steve

i think the regulations state than anything bigger than a mini metro is big enough for nights out.

neil knows all about this.

jessicas dad:

killer100:

thanks

steve

i think the regulations state than anything bigger than a mini metro is big enough for nights out.

neil knows all about this.

the regulations say

Where a daily rest period is taken, this may be taken in a vehicle, provided that it has suitable sleeping facilities and is stationary.

MMTM rules say lots of other things - mostly wrong :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

killer100:

thanks

steve

You’ve been had!

There’s no legislation about having nights out other than that the cab has to be fitted with a bed (as far as I know). If you want to, you can do 5 nights a week in your lovely CF cab.

It’s just an urban myth that the cab has to be a certain size, probably invented by someone who wanted to blind his boss with science to get him to buy a space cab :wink:

Have fun! :sunglasses:

here we go found it using the search button. :laughing:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … eeper+cabs

Two nights is the maximum anyone could stand. Trust me. I have one. It is like living in one of those puzzle games you get in christmas crackers, you know the ones… where you have to make a picture by moving the squares around and there is one missing.

CF is ok, but make sure you sleep with your head the opposite end of the cab to the steering wheel, its the law! :wink:

unless you sleep standing up cant see a problem

On your head!

heh, but I hope you are at least lucky enaugh to have normal bed on it?

I used that silly pigeon house on the roof at two nights per week, and it was driving me crazy… (That was invented to make lorry shorter for hebridean ferrys).

Climbing through the hole in the roof and heater, which was working only “downstairs” so if it was really cold I had heater at max, and then i had SLIGHTLY WARM on the upper floor and sauna in the cab…

But other things was, that when I had my ■■■■■■■ the trip with me there was plenty of space to sleep. But that was only advantage, as you even cannot seat properly there to change your clothes…

But that wasn’t so bad compared to guys, who have this ponycabs on the sprinter class vans… I really feel sorry for this guys who are doing european runs with that…

DAF CF cabs - eeeeeeyukkkk!!! Orrid nasty things - and whats that stupid quarter light thingy all about on the side windows?

I had a DAF 85 for a long time. It was my best motor, and it went like [zb] off a shovel…

If it needs doctoring it’s not allowed. Go read the rules. L. :wink:

I had a CF85 it wasn’t my best motor :frowning: I now have a CF85 again and it still isn’t my best motor :frowning:

this used to mine and i loved it. :laughing:

i also loved the as tronic gearbox…

typical whinging drivers - saw someone having a night out in a FL6 this morning

compared with that a CF is luxury :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Denis F:

When I 1st started driving, any kind of sleeper cab was a luxury. Loads of mates used to be away all week in an FL10.

Ha ha ha ha ha. Illegal to do more than 2 nights out if you can’t stand up in the cab?

Have you not noticed the rather significant number of wendy houses still hauling cars? Those drivers are not exactly home every night. In fact, not just wendy houses, but FMs, low roof Actros, DAF CF low roof. They’re all there, doing 4 or 5 nights per week.

Just ask your boss nicely, I’m sure there is a super space cab with your name on it somewhere :unamused:

Denis F:

I’m with you on that one Denis. Whoever designed the FL6 must have pics of Bedford TK’s on their office wall 'cos that’s about the size of the bunk! Horrible truck to sleep in because like those stupid DAF LF sleepers you have to move the seat backrests every night.

I actually like the CF cab, at least the “Mark 2” version. Comfy bunk, loads of under-bunk stowage and the best seats in any medium-sized truck. Good dash layout and controls too.