Daf cf 75 (air pressure gauge)

I’ve got Daf cf75 on a 08 plate but having a problem with the air pressure gauge on the dash. It’s flickering from full air to empty and basically just all over the place.

The air pressure seems to be up as it is spitting air out.

Any ideas?

I can email or txt short vid of my dash to show what’s happening.

Anyone ?

am told it could be the electrical plug connection on the side of the airdrier, failing that its the airdrier itself, hope that helps

scotstrucker:
am told it could be the electrical plug connection on the side of the airdrier, failing that its the airdrier itself, hope that helps

Thanks mate, that was my thinking also

Get someone to shake the wiring down at the airdrier and watch the gauge, this may help you pinpoint a broken wire. Also take the plug off the airdrier and check the pins are not corroded.

It did it one morning about 2 month ago but when I turned the engine off and left it 5 mins it had gone off and never came back on.

I worked a full day wi this problem do its pretty obvious my air isn’t actually losing air as my brakes would have locked on of the air drops as low as it was saying.

I would say its the air pressure gauge sensors on the back of the air dryer. I had the same trouble on my 06 Foden. Cant remember all the prices now but the 2 bolts that hold it to the air dryer sheared and I had to remove the complete thing to drill the bust bit out. The complete air dry was on offer at the time and once I put the price of a new filter into the equation the complete unit was cheaper.

hi, im a daf technician, sounds like a pressure sensor fault or wiring, which is part of the chassis loom which goes up to the dash board lead through if you want i can get you the wire numbers an plug location so you can check continuity of the wiring.

mike

mikelkelly:
hi, im a daf technician, sounds like a pressure sensor fault or wiring, which is part of the chassis loom which goes up to the dash board lead through if you want i can get you the wire numbers an plug location so you can check continuity of the wiring.

mike

That would be great mate! I’m near my garage tomorrow do going to pop in but if you can help I’d be very greatful.

They seem to think its something on the air dryer?

i cant see it being the air dryer, it will be the sensor on top or the wiring mate, im just digging some info out now mate

mikelkelly:
i cant see it being the air dryer, it will be the sensor on top or the wiring mate, im just digging some info out now mate

If its what you think, is it easy and quick or the typical pain in the ■■■ job?

They can be a pain in the ■■■, bolts snap/round of, or if its wiring it can be a pain to find iv ran temp wires for owner drivers in the past as the cost of a loom is high.

Now theres 6 wires at the plug down at the air dryer, but they go back to the ecu at 4 wires :confused: lol basicly 2 wires join 2 others

blue wires: numbers -
3638 = 2 of this number they join further up the loom
3639 = " "

the numbers are very hard to see on the wiring but if its still daf wiring numbers will be there, then the plug number you need is 4B should be a white tag on the plug this is located behind the black panel on the right hand side under the grill.

mike

mikelkelly:
They can be a pain in the ■■■, bolts snap/round of, or if its wiring it can be a pain to find iv ran temp wires for owner drivers in the past as the cost of a loom is high.

Now theres 6 wires at the plug down at the air dryer, but they go back to the ecu at 4 wires :confused: lol basicly 2 wires join 2 others

3639 = " "

the numbers are very hard to see on the wiring but if its still daf wiring numbers will be there, then the plug number you need is 4B should be a white tag on the plug this is located behind the black panel on the right hand side under the grill.

mike

Thanks mate, I’ll show my fitter tomorrow while there. I’m just looking thru my txts to see what he thinks it is and I’ll show you.

mikelkelly:

3639 = " "

mike

Found what my fitter thinks it is-

He said its either gauge sender or the wiring to it. It’s bolted to the top of the air dryer. It’s just a wire or sender and it’s electrical plug.

That’s what he thinks it is?

ye pretty much same as what i said, the senor on top or wiring to it

the item is circled

mikelkelly:
ye pretty much same as what i said, the senor on top or wiring to it

the item is circled

Thanks mate, really apreciate the help.

Where you from by the way?

Derby mate, you?

mikelkelly:
Derby mate, you?

Near Liverpool

I didnt say it was the air dryer just that the sensor was nearly as much as the complete air dryer. If it went anything like mine I had to take the whole thing off to drill the broken bolts off anyway