DAF 95's

I used to love the old DAF 95’s, what pictures of classic 95’s do you have?
Id like to see any shots of the day cab 4x2 tractors that where used on fuel tankers for if I remember Shell or BP?

Here’s a couple for you.

Nynas used to have DAF 95 day cabs on tankers in the early 90s

Saw this just outside Worcester about a year ago !
Still puttin in a shift

richellis78:
I used to love the old DAF 95’s, what pictures of classic 95’s do you have?
Id like to see any shots of the day cab 4x2 tractors that where used on fuel tankers for if I remember Shell or BP?

united biscuits had loads of daycabs during the 80s/90s,in 4 and 6 wheeler chassis,with the 310/330 engines,they had some of the first built on e regs(1987 i think).i think they had the 1000th one built and daf put special alloy wheels on it.the last 2 they had were on k regs,i will sort some pictures out.if you look on photobucket there is a pic of a ub 95 on there,its one my dad had from new.

A couple here for you that my old firm Sadler Tankers ran.Sleeper + a Day cab

And a sleeper cab one of Brennans

I had one brand new on an E plate, total PITA at first, never got a moment’s peace.

I would pull into to a café, layby or delivery and drivers would be over asking questions before I had put the handbrake on. :laughing:

I came off a 2800 and the 95 was a big improvement, except for the furry dash and the bunk mattress, no lorry bunk has ever been as comfy as a 2800 bunk :sunglasses:

Here is a pic of my dads leyland daf 95 , he had it from new as a demonstator before it got painted in the rogers colours

Thanks some cracking shots there! :sunglasses:

We had this 500bhp where i used to work.

Last motor I had before retiring to Thailand 18 years ago.

Hi RON ,was that Daf based at Wallingford ?

The range change and splitter on the same collar was a real good set up always wondered why they did away with it on the xf

Love to see some 6*2 flatroof without the airkit on the roof :smiley:

Reg Danne

hard to believe its 26 years ago now :open_mouth:

The 95 I drove for Bernard Grainger of Kenilworth

Hi, this was to be found at oulton park at every meet I attended for years, but when I went last week for the gold cup it wasn’t there. I think it has been replaced by a newer model now.

Cheers harryvr6.

DSCN4012 by harryvr6, on Flickr

DAF 95. Forsyth Liverpool

image.jpg

Here’s one I had for nearly six years for Perfects of Gt.Yarmouth.