DAF 95 / Cummins engine

Perhaps age is catching up with me but do I recall a DAF 95 being offered at some time in past with a ■■■■■■■ engine option , ?, all comments will be welcome .

shugg:
Perhaps age is catching up with me but do I recall a DAF 95 being offered at some time in past with a ■■■■■■■ engine option , ?, all comments will be welcome .

Sure they offered a 14 ltr 500

one for sale here
sotrex.co.uk/modules/catbuil … 483YWF.htm

i think they were mostly 1995/6 reg and left hookers iirc.

I think the above are correct- if I remember rightly, the 95.500 models were ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

You could get the ■■■■■■■ 500 think they called it the Signature series engine came in 4x2 only :frowning: , as i made enquiries for a 6x2 twin steer space cab 95 back then.

IIRCI it was so Daf had a high BHP 95 as their own 11.6 lump only went up to 430 at the time

it would have been the N14 500 ,the sig was a 600 which i think stayed in the states although at the time it was thought that the ERF ecx would get them ,then MAN came along .

shugg:

What a relief , !!! my mind hasn’t gone !!! .

I worked for Morrison Freight in 1996ish, and they had this, it was a 14ltr 500, it never missed a beat and was a great motor.

I think originally the ■■■■■■■ was only available in a left ■■■■■■ version! Could well be wrong though :smiley: :wink:

I think our very own Wheelnut could give us some definitive answers, safe to say he is a DAF man! :wink:

The original 95 super space cab offered the 500 ■■■■■■■ was lhd only I think the early 95 xf offered it too.

They had different bumpers and wings as the cab needed to be raised over the bigger ■■■■■■■ lump

would a right hand drive version have taken off,or was it too similar to the strato ?

Dan Punchard:
would a right hand drive version have taken off,or was it too similar to the strato ?

Dan , by this time wasn’t the strato only available with the L10 & had the [zb] iveco cab

yes ,was it about k / l when the big cab finished 93 ish ?

Dan Punchard:
yes ,was it about k / l when the big cab finished 93 ish ?

Yeah , iveco took them over in 1991 , then the 1st eurotech cabs were K/L , the ■■■■■■■ 95’s came out in 94

I think they had a hydraulic gear linkage?..I remember chatting to a driver in the late '90’s and he reckoned he could put manners on the then FH16 520 with his Daf/ ■■■■■■■ 95.500.

archive.commercialmotor.com/arti … oom-on-top
archive.commercialmotor.com/arti … ith-market

Dan Punchard:

The hudraulic gear linkage would have meant a lot of engenering work to make it fit on a rhd cab and at the time we still had a thriving european haulage industry which was the firms that tended to buy the 450-500 bhp trucks then.