DAF 3600 ATI space cab

dutchie64:

jody1980:

Wheel Nut:
Manchester to Dordrecht using North Sea Ferries judging by the sticker in the centre of the screen :stuck_out_tongue: I bet that was a tiring trip.

I just recently bought a DAF history book which has some good information in it, except for one part where the author is trying to be clever. He points out a Lithuanian 3300Ati trying to be something it is not.

Actually Mr Author, it was because there is one above, I had a C reg one and I also had a C reg 2800

The Ati was launched with the 3300 in 1985, the 3600 came a year or 18 months later.

They are still the best truck ever built in my eyes, forget the air leaks and the non adjustable steering wheel, they were great.

A 320hp DAF in 1984 was something to behold

did u used to run out of dfds @:preston brook with a daf 95 super space…■■?

yes that was me im still on the same run .but the depot is in wythenshawe now

yeah ive been there … i used to work in the irish dept with jane haliwell… but remember big terry from the w/house… i was only 17 bk in 1998 you have a 105 now dont you…

hiya,terry is still with dsv he is in the office now.jane went working for
2ways in heywood.still see terry every week.
yes ive got an new truck now 105-510 its 8 weeks old now

dutchie64:

very nice!!! hes been there years… is scouse joe still there ■■? and was it kevin and the italian lad ermmm carn’t remember it was that long ago…

jody1980:

dutchie64:

very nice!!! hes been there years… is scouse joe still there ■■? and was it kevin and the italian lad ermmm carn’t remember it was that long ago…

joe left afew years ago ,kevin is still there cant remember italian lad.who are you working for now?

There’s one for sale in Jan Classic Commercial 22,000 painted in Chris Benetts colours I think 1986, there’s also a 2800 DKSE normal cab as well.

dutchie64:

jody1980:

dutchie64:

joe left afew years ago ,kevin is still there cant remember italian lad.who are you working for now?

think it was antony… he did italy… ive had my own for the last 5 years i run 4 erf’s and a man… on container and tank work…

one from my collection from iirc either the first or second truckfest at peteboghorror

DAF

kindle530:

Wheel Nut:

That shows the bits that made the cab the best ever :stuck_out_tongue:

bloody nora, non-adjustable steering wheel in that position? christ! lovely interior thou.

almost identical inside to my old k reg 1900(obviously the 1900 was narrower). loved that motor,first “proper” lorry i had .it had an eminox pipe and 12 speed splitter,i thought i was king of the road lol

Not everyone has stuck to the 3600 Space Cab theme, so im putting this up, i have no recolection where picture is took.

Hey. Does anyone have any pictures of the old DAF space cab. :slight_smile:
101_8964.JPG

BulldogMick:
Hey. Does anyone have any pictures of the old DAF space cab. :slight_smile:10

3300 John has a couple on here which he drove or owns. I have driven the ex Eddom motor on round timber haulage

BulldogMick:

Unless i am very much mistaken. Isnt the first pic a 3300 ?

Suedehead:

BulldogMick:

Unless i am very much mistaken. Isnt the first pic a 3300 ?

You are not mistaken, this is a 2800 Space Cab

And this one isn’t

Here is a bit of the old testament of the truckers bible.

oldpond.com/acatalog/daf_at_work.html

Wheel Nut:
Here is a bit of the old testament of the truckers bible.

oldpond.com/acatalog/daf_at_work.html

i would love to buy some of those old books but cant afford £20.00 :imp:

il have to try the libray.