D4Drivers

Used them today in Southampton - well pleased.

Was seen bang on time, pleasant Doc, no fuss and it saved me £60-70.

And I passed, so good to go for another year. :smiley:

I used them in Shrewsbury.
I Cant fault them to be honest, and at £50 it’s just the job…

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

£50 recently in Coventry. Can’t complain at that price. People will always complain. They complain that GP fees are too high and then try to find excuses when alternatives are too low. No pleasing some. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback all, we appreciate your comments and always pass feedback on to our Doctors.
Also, we are always looking at ways to improve our service so if anyone attends a medical with us and has some constructive criticism including if you think we should add a location to our network we would be interested in hearing about it, just drop an email to ryan@d4drivers.uk.
D4Drivers.

Used the recently at Bradford, and felt like the doctor concerned was trying to rush everyone, as he had a full schedule.

Told him that I had a heart murmur, and that I had been born with it, and the DVLA already knew about it. He wrote on the form I had congenital heart disease, so I now await anxiously to hear if the DVLA will send me for further tests, even though I have never had a problem. He also wrote that I refused a urine test, which is wrong, as it is optional.

Also. He told me that because I wore glasses, I had to get a seperate eye test at an opticians, yet I heard him do an eye test on the guy before me, who didn’t wear glasses. Whats that all about?

Maybe D4D might want to look into this guy, and ask why all the inconsistencies.

Finally. Maybe a location near to Wakefield might be of help to people from Wakefield and the 5 towns.

Ken.

Lets play devils advocate here a moment,

Quinny:
Used the recently at Bradford, and felt like the doctor concerned was trying to rush everyone, as he had a full schedule.

Told him that I had a heart murmur, and that I had been born with it, and the DVLA already knew about it. He wrote on the form I had congenital heart disease, so I now await anxiously to hear if the DVLA will send me for further tests, even though I have never had a problem.
You told the doctor you had a heart problem,- he didn’t skirt over it to get your £50, he doesn’t know whats on the DVLA database, so he wrote down on the form what he was supposed to
He also wrote that I refused a urine test, which is wrong, as it is optional.
He offered you a urine test? which you declined so he entered that on the form as he is supposed to

Also. He told me that because I wore glasses, I had to get a seperate eye test at an opticians, yet I heard him do an eye test on the guy before me, who didn’t wear glasses. Whats that all about?
A doctor is not a qualified optician- if he felt that a full eye test was needed he would have to say so and enter that on the form- again as any doctor doing a “proper” D4 medical is required to do

Maybe D4D might want to look into this guy, and ask why all the inconsistencies.
I don’t see any inconsistencies- as opposed to another provider he has filled in the D4 to the requirements of the DVLA and not fudged any issues

Finally. Maybe a location near to Wakefield might be of help to people from Wakefield and the 5 towns.

Sounds to me like the quack did a proper job,- did a medical and as he is supposed to raised any concerns on the D4

Ken.

For me, the Doc didn’t mention a urine test and I didn’t take a sample and as for the eye test she asked to see my prescription which I had on my phone (truth is I forgot it and got Mrs S to whatsapp me a picture of it) which the Doc accepted. Then she carried out a Snellen test as well with the ol’ chart against the wall.

She was quite straight forward and to the point but not rushing if that makes sense.

PS Have never had a urine test at a vocational medical.

Quinny:

Told him that I had a heart murmur, and that I had been born with it, and the DVLA already knew about it. He wrote on the form I had congenital heart disease, so I now await anxiously to hear if the DVLA will send me for further tests, even though I have never had a problem. He also wrote that I refused a urine test, which is wrong, as it is optional.

Ken.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the feedback and particularly what you mentioned about Wakefield, we will have a look at this and see what we can do for drivers in the area.

Of course patient confidentiality prohibits us from discussing the contents of your medical, however speaking objectively:

Congenital heart disease is a broad term which covers a range of mild to severe heart problems which are present from birth, the Doctor is required to note their findings on the medical form although as you mention, if DVLA is already aware further checks may not be required.

Regarding the vision assessment, our Doctors can still carry out the eye test if a driver wears glasses for driving, however there is a question which relates to strength of lenses so we advise to bring the optical prescription to the medical. The most common reason why a Doctor cannot complete the vision assessment is if the optical prescription is not brought along, in which case our Doctor may need to refer the driver to their optician to get the vision assessment completed.

But I’d be happy to discuss this in further detail if you drop me an email to ryan@d4drivers.uk.

Ryan.

Grandpa:
£50 recently in Coventry. Can’t complain at that price. People will always complain. They complain that GP fees are too high and then try to find excuses when alternatives are too low. No pleasing some. :slight_smile:

It’s says the location is the Village hotel. Is this correct?

Expect so, mine was held at a Holiday Inn - they book rooms.

carl123uk:

Grandpa:

Hi Carl,
Yes that’s right we use a private meeting room at the Village Hotel in Coventry.
Ryan
D4Drivers.

Both me and the Mrs had ours done in Bradford. No problems at all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

D4Drivers:

carl123uk:

Grandpa:

Hi Carl,
Yes that’s right we use a private meeting room at the Village Hotel in Coventry.
Ryan
D4Drivers.

Thanks for the reply. Booked in for next week sometime

Just booked mine at Carlisle on the 9th nov. We the prescription for glasses, is this only if you wear them for driving or will I need it for reading glasses ? Anyone know ?

Did mine with enterprise cost me £55 or so.
Was bit of a.tick.box of if you ask me.
All it consisted of.
Was name age .You on medication.
Took blood pressure.
Asked.me.my weight and height. Which I replied no idea.
So he wasn’t happy had get set scales out .
Read few lines on a chart. Which was basically piece of a4 stuck to the wall. Like some one had printed it out on a pc.
That was it took all.told.about 10 mins.
Then he declared me.fit and healthy.
I thought would of been more in-depth to be honest

syramax:
Just booked mine at Carlisle on the 9th nov. We the prescription for glasses, is this only if you wear them for driving or will I need it for reading glasses ? Anyone know ?

Although this doesn’t answer your question directly this should help: The Doctor will carry out an uncorrected eye-test, if you do not meet the DVLA standard for eyesight without glasses, the Doctor will then carry out an eye-test with your prescription glasses on (or contacts or both depending on what you wear) and if the eye-test is carried out with glasses the Doctor must confirm the strength of lenses. Therefore we ask all our customers who wear glasses to bring the prescription with them in case they do not meet the standard without them on, in which case a corrected vision test will be carried out and the strength of lenses noted on the D4 form.
If you don’t have your prescription you can get it from your optician, most will email it to you as well.
Ryan
D4Drivers.

D4Drivers:

syramax:

Although this doesn’t answer your question directly this should help: The Doctor will carry out an uncorrected eye-test, if you do not meet the DVLA standard for eyesight without glasses, the Doctor will then carry out an eye-test with your prescription glasses on (or contacts or both depending on what you wear) and if the eye-test is carried out with glasses the Doctor must confirm the strength of lenses. Therefore we ask all our customers who wear glasses to bring the prescription with them in case they do not meet the standard without them on, in which case a corrected vision test will be carried out and the strength of lenses noted on the D4 form.
If you don’t have your prescription you can get it from your optician, most will email it to you as well.
Ryan
D4Drivers.

What is the standard for a prescription?

Recently I had two D4s in my possession which I compared side by side. The one dating from around 2014 had a requirement for a urine test and the up-to-date one didn’t.

I know D4Drivers are forum sponsors and my comments won’t be welcomed but I for one certainly won’t be using D4Drivers again, they’re just brokers and you have no recourse when you receive shoddy service.

I used D4D in 2018, the doctor was wholly inadequate: he took only one BP reading and said “That’s a bit high…” then failed to do one or more subsequent readings, probably because they should be five minutes or more apart and he was more concerned about getting finished early than doing a proper job. He sent me out of his door with a BP reading he should have known would result in me having my entitlement revoked. He even had the audacity to tick the box on the form which said he’d done multiple BP readings!

I didn’t have a genuine BP problem and my GP helped me rectify the problem with the DVLA, but I was without my entitlement for about three months because of this D4D doctor.

taz1972:

D4Drivers:

syramax:

Ryan
D4Drivers.

What is the standard for a prescription?

Hi Taz,
Sorry we missed this reply. I’m not sure exactly what you mean by the standard for a prescription, each time you visit an optician they will give you a prescription so we would require the most up to date prescription to be brought along to ensure the Doctor can answer the question relating to the strength of your lenses (if you can only meet the standard with your glasses).
Kind regards,
D4Drivers.