Cyclists on dual carriage ways

Forget the lycra clad exec for a moment. If you see a cyclist on a major dual carriageway trunk road do you pull right over to the outside lane and ■■■■ off the car drivers or do you carry on past on the inside lane thinking 'they are ok, they are cycling on the bit of tarmac between the carriage way and the verge"?

Personally I think cyclist should be banned from major dual carriage way trunk roads like they are from motorways, although I do think the local councils should provide a seperate cycle lane for them.

Squiddy:
Forget the lycra clad exec for a moment. If you see a cyclist on a major dual carriageway trunk road do you pull right over to the outside lane and ■■■■ off the car drivers or do you carry on past on the inside lane thinking 'they are ok, they are cycling on the bit of tarmac between the carriage way and the verge"?

Personally I think cyclist should be banned from major dual carriage way trunk roads like they are from motorways, although I do think the local councils should provide a seperate cycle lane for them.

I ■■■■ off other car drivers by pulling into the next lane and blocking off the first lane to stop people from undertaking me. But I agree…I feel cyclists should be banned from major roads and they should be provided with a specified lane…lets face it…if they can widen the M25 then I’m sure they can widen most other roads by an extra few feet each side.

I use lane 2 but leave the nearside wheels just over the line in lane 1 to overtake a cyclist on a dual

IMO it takes a brave cyclist to ride on a dual especially one with a NSL

I straddle the lanes because I have had knobheads undertake when passing a cyclist.

Google magnatom,he was on here once with a vengeance.

ROG:
I use lane 2 …

:open_mouth: Blimey ROG, I didn’t realise that you drove fast enough to overtake a cyclist, let alone venture out into lane #2.

:bulb: You’d best watch out for fast moving milk floats. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

toby1234abc:
Google magnatom

Please note the caveat I provided about forgetting about the lycra clad exec cyclist :smiling_imp:

dieseldave:

ROG:
I use lane 2 …

:open_mouth: Blimey ROG, I didn’t realise that you drove fast enough to overtake a cyclist, let alone venture out into lane #2.

:bulb: You’d best watch out for fast moving milk floats. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

My car is heavier than a bicycle so it goes faster downhill :laughing:

ROG:

dieseldave:

ROG:
I use lane 2 …

My car is heavier than a bicycle so it goes faster downhill :laughing:

Still a hairdressers car though. :wink: :slight_smile:

Straddle, i dont care about car drivers, they can wait.

Coffeeholic:
Still a hairdressers car though. :wink: :slight_smile:

SEAT IBIZA sport 1.4 petrol - is that a hairdressers car?

whats worse is a family on bikes on a SC road :imp:
dads in front then a lorry lengths gap to kid 1, kid 2 is right behind then mum is another lorry length behind :unamused:
no space to overtake mum and safely pull in so you have to wait for a long straight, and there is never a trucker in front who could put his right indicator on for me :frowning:
Also those cyclists who hang about in groups of 20 :imp: :imp: :imp:

They don’t pay to use the roads so why should they be given any special treatment? Nothing better than passing them as close as possible in the wet :slight_smile:

I dont have an issue with cyclists using the roads, what i do have tho is when they wont just pull over so you can safely overtake, its as if they couldn’t give a toss that your there and clearly cant pass!! If they start playing “i’m gonna carry on and your gonna wait game”, i just get a bit close and drop it down a couple of cogs so its reving high :smiling_imp: .

I straddle both lanes it only takes a few seconds to pass anyway, wouldnt want an injury or worse on my conscience.

Thing that ■■■■■■ me off is cyclist that continue to use the road when there is a clearly defined cycle lane.
We pay for these out of our council tax, theyre safer for all road users so WTF dont they use them!!!

bikes should be banned or at least pay road tax and ban lycra gimp suit clothes they wear

peewee:
bikes should be banned or at least pay road tax and ban lycra gimp suit clothes they wear

Well I drive everthing with an engine and wheels and even use me push bike from time to time so like 90% of people who ride a bike they do pay tax for their car/motorbike etc pointless argument.
Oh and yeah shouldnt be allowed on duals.

I was on the A1 between Blyth and Markham Moor and they had a cycle event, on a Saturday evening in July. There were even idiots squatting in the nearside lane taking photos.

I got to Cromwell and there was another one going on between there and Newark.

Allow plenty of room when you pass a cycleist, they are a f ’ ing nusance on any road but we just have to put up with them :frowning: . Some years ago there was a cycleist & truck hit just outside of Shawbury (fatality), not nice seeing the volume of blood on the road for a week or so after. Happend to see a gypsies wagon & a couple of horses on the dual carriage way passing Shrewsbury too, some drivers fly along there :unamused: - imagine them not seeing it til last minute :open_mouth: At least there horses are used to heavy traffic :wink:

Frigin suicide merchants if you ask me :unamused:

Its not the tax thing that bothers me as they produce zero emissions, the wear and tear on the road will almost certainly be zero but what if one cuts me up at a junction and i knock him down and goes through my windscreen who’s insurance pays for that damage again?