Cyclists in motorway clipped by truck (video)

I’m guessing this is in Europe, but bloody hell. Why cycle on a motorway?

Lucky he didn’t get dragged under by the truck, I’m guessing the driver didn’t see them at all given his lack of reaction.

facebook.com/dashcamnetwork … =2&theater

Leaving aside the legalities of where the cyclist was as I don’t know whether it was cochre or not I’m gonna come out on the side of the cyclist here and say the truck driver was totally to blame! The cyclist had just passed a busy offslip and there was an extra lane coming up on his nearside. There was only one way the cyclist was going to go and the approaching truck would have known that but decided to demonstrate his displeasure by moving into that n/s lane before it had even begun to “scare” the cyclists who had the temerity to be on “his” road.

Visibilty and conditions were very good and there’s simply no way the truck driver should not have seen them

I did wonder why the truck seemed to drive over the hatch markings and straight into the new lane rather than doing what the cyclists did and merging over once it began.

Totally the truck driver at blame, who was never seen again I’m guessing.

Still though, what makes someone think cycling on a motorway is a good idea?

Couple of forest gumps right there! Least he is still alive, have a wee cry at the side of the road, then change your underpants and carry on.

Cue the bleeding heart liberals, screwing at the dangerous juggernaut driver. It’s no wonder the lycra loons are being picked off like cannon fodder

Its in Russia and its not a motorway, its their equivalent of a dual carriageway.

One very lucky rider is all I can say.

Thought it was funny when his mate crashed into him! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

His knowledge of the highway code is a bit ruski.

Truck crossed an unbroken white line truck drivers fault no excuse

of course the truck driver is at fault why was he on the motorway :stuck_out_tongue:

littleben:
of course the truck driver is at fault why was he on the motorway :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe he was peeling an orange :laughing:

A typical display of truck driver intellect here.

It’s a foreign country, NOT the UK, NOT a motorway, a legal road for a cyclist to ride on according to the story.

He’s in the NEARSIDE lane (because it’s a country that drives on the other side of the road to us… Do you understand?) and taking the next exit, he even indicates his intentions - although some of the thicko’s on here probably don’t even know what an indicator is.

The truck is in the wrong lane, going off on the exit before, decides to then dive across UNBROKEN white lines and chevrons, hitting the cyclist, knocking him off his bike and possibly killing him for all that driver knew / cared (could’ve EASILY gone under the trailer wheels) and drives away without stopping…

YET it’s obviously the cyclists fault :unamused:

The truck driver is an obvious knob head, wether he did it deliberately or wether he drjves like that all the time ( it is Russia after all …). But why did the cyclist not look over his shoulder? He just stuck his hand out and moved over…

Motorway or not , nutters & brave for cycling there anyway ! Wouldn’t be me ! . Did truck not beep a second before he hit him?.

nodding donkey:
The truck driver is an obvious knob head, wether he did it deliberately or wether he drjves like that all the time ( it is Russia after all …). But why did the cyclist not look over his shoulder? He just stuck his hand out and moved over…

Hang on a minute, the cyclist wasn’t moving from one lane to another, he was moving across into the start of a new lane. You could argue that maybe he should (for his own safety) glanced over, but would you honestly expect to be undertaken by a vehicle travelling on the limiter on what was essentially the hard shoulder (for the truck driver)?

the maoster:

nodding donkey:

Hang on a minute, the cyclist wasn’t moving from one lane to another, he was moving across into the start of a new lane. You could argue that maybe he should (for his own safety) glanced over, but would you honestly expect to be undertaken by a vehicle travelling on the limiter on what was essentially the hard shoulder (for the truck driver)?

Yes I would have expected it and looked tbh. I find that I get more nervous when approaching on or off slips anywhere, you just don’t know what vehicles are going to do, and I don’t think most drivers know what to do either. I just know that very few will slow down until the have room to pass you, preferring to floor it and dive across at the last second. Drivers, in the main, don’t like slowing down for cycles anywhere, I think they reckon it will affect the size of their todger. :cry: It won’t btw. :smiley:

waynedl:

Who blamed the cyclist? All the posts ive read say truck driver stupidity

merc0447:
Couple of forest gumps right there! Least he is still alive, have a wee cry at the side of the road, then change your underpants and carry on.

+1

That cyclists time was obviously not up,lucky,lucky boy. A miracle he never ended up under the back wheels, truck driver is a grade A Cadet Under Naval Training!

The-Snowman:

waynedl:

Who blamed the cyclist? All the posts ive read say truck driver stupidity

Try reading again??

Hammy747:
I’m guessing this is in Europe, but bloody hell. Why cycle on a motorway?

Lucky he didn’t get dragged under by the truck, I’m guessing the driver didn’t see them at all given his lack of reaction.

merc0447:

OVLOV JAY:
Cue the bleeding heart liberals, screwing at the dangerous juggernaut driver. It’s no wonder the lycra loons are being picked off like cannon fodder

littleben:

• although I think this is tongue in cheek so forgiven

nodding donkey: