Cyclist with a grudge

Just saw this on Youtube, same old same old. The guy who made this must really hate trucks.

What are your thoughts■■?

and part 2

way_1974:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgzsxgrryEQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XARYZR5t6l4&feature=related

Interesting :slight_smile:

as James May would say ‘what a ■■■■’

The coppers seem to side with the LGV drivers to be honest and in a round about way say its the cyclists who aren’t paying enough attention. Interesting.

Cyclists are a law unto themselves. If they ever get around to complying with the rules of the road, including the paying attention part, they would be a lot safer.
The copper said most accidents involving cyclists and lorries, are down to cyclists coming up the inside when the trucks are turning left. Well I’m sure it says in the highway code something about riding up the inside of a vehicle when it’s indicating left.

The reason Banks and Building societies aren’t being robbed hundreds of thousands of times every day is because it’s illegal and one law the police tend to enforce. If the police were to enforce the laws on cyclists…

And what about the bit about 44ton lorries still being allowed to use urban roads?
If they stopped putting shops and factories in urban areas, we wouldn’t be “FORCED” to use urban areas.
The 7.5ton redistribution idea could work. I dread to think of more RDC’s though.

Part of the problem is those advanced stop lanes for bikes at the front of the motor traffic stop line.Cyclists creep up the inside of stopped traffic but the light changes before they get there leaving the rider between a rock and a hard place.

alamcculloch:
Part of the problem is those advanced stop lanes for bikes at the front of the motor traffic stop line.Cyclists creep up the inside of stopped traffic but the light changes before they get there leaving the rider between a rock and a hard place.

Is that what the nearside mirror is for on ANY vehicle :question:

The exception might be a C+E that is slightly angled causing a n/s blind spot.

alamcculloch:

It wouldn’t do any harm if cyclists were forced to stay in position at the side of the road when traffic comes to a halt. With cyclists being allowed to weave in and out of traffic, cyclists have come to see traffic as an inconvenience, rather than seeing themselves as “part” of the traffic.
If the police were to uphold the law on cyclists, especially the one about riding on the pavement, they might one day, come to see themselves as motorists and not pedestrians.

george3:
With cyclists being allowed to weave in and out of traffic, cyclists have come to see traffic as an inconvenience, rather than seeing themselves as “part” of the traffic.

I think that is the problem - are they ‘cyclists’ or ‘pedestrians on wheels’ :question: :question:

I say we shoot them all, surely that is the most simplest solution? :laughing: :laughing:

I usually scrape them of my front bumper at the end of a shift!

sorry, but i could not help but laugh at that vid :open_mouth:

the title “44 tonne” the first truck it showed was a 41 tonner at the most (i know, i’m being a bit pedantic)

the shots from inside the cab whilst it was raining, could they not afford a new windscreen wiper :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the deliberate act of littering “just to make a point”, still an offence though

the pedestrians crossing the road at the junction when the traffic had right of way, this would be proven by the way they were looking round the front of the truck before they carried on.

the ruling about side underrun protection and then proceeding to show numerous skeletal trailers and bulk tippers, they need to brush up on their facts about “construction and use”

whilst the cyclists and pedestrians will persist on pushing through the smallest of gaps deliberately left by trucks(because they need that space to manouver, not just to try and kill someone as the vid would have you believe), accidents will happen!

think of it along the lines of, one more idiot pushes through, one less idiot next time :laughing: :laughing:

Got to agree with James May :stuck_out_tongue:

Ban Trucks from Towns, Yeah ,good idea, we don’t like being there either.

Simple answer is, deliver all the groceries to the hard shoulders, let the tossers on bog irons go and collect the bread and milk to take it back to the treehouse, cos there wont be any bricks to build with or fuel to power cars.

I quite fancy a Scammel Scarab

The latest thing I have heard is that those self appointed moral guardians of society known as “brake” and “roadpeace” want compulsory fitment of “Proximity Detectors” fitted to all trucks (at our expense of course) just to give an audible warning message to any i-pod using cyclist cutting up the inside of a left turning wagon. Or they could just enforce and regulate cyclists but that would not be “green”. I’m sick of being treated as a second class citizen and guilty until proven innocent. Public safety is only important when it doesn’t interfere with left wing anti private transport policy. How does the cycle lobby think their bikes got to the shop for them to buy? Trained monkeys did not ride them from the Raleigh factory to Halfords! They came by trucks which is the only efficent way of getting them there.
What we need is a haulage strike. :imp:
Only by hitting the government hard will we achieve anything. If people see empty shelves in shops the outcry will be heard in Downing St.

The man is obviously a complete ■■■ and should be treated with the contempt he deserves. No doubt he is a member of several of his local “action groups” and most probably has a beard, drinks real ale and wears slippers with a zip up the middle.

Wow ! gross over reaction on here !I dont think this bloke is make an all out attack on truck & truckers.

Summerizing what he’s saying.

Trucks are especially dangerous in cities, because they are big & have blind spots. Quite often cyclists & pedestrians dont realise (or care)about this: Well yes we know that!

in order to help this situation:

Fit trucks with more mirrors: Ok, but you can only check so many mirrors. By the time you check the last one there may be a pedestrian in the field of vision of the first.

Educate bikers & Joe public about lorry blind spots & dangers: This would make the biggest difference. Some pedestrians & especially cyclists have an incredibly aggressive & arrogant attitude on the road. They assume they have the right of way, the rules of the road dont apply to them & if you hit them it’s you fault & they will get loads of “compo”. They never seem to think that even if they won some sort of payout, it’s rare that it makes up for the injuries suffered (esp if your dead), & always takes months or even years to arrive. If you end up in a wheelchair, even a £ million aint gonna make up for that.

Long term Lorrys should be banned from city centres.: Well very long term this will probably be the best thing, if it is possible to build a transport infrastructure to allow you to do this . But isn’t that the idea behind RDCs ? You ship all your goods in to an RDC then distribute in smaller vehicles. The other thing he forgets is for every artic you going to need up to 10 7.5 tonners to shift the same cargo. That’s extra congestion, & higher CO2 emissions, & massively higher transport costs which gives higher prices in the shops. (would solve the jobless problem in haulage though in a stroke)

He’s not saying anything new in this film. The copper’s bang on when he says we all rely on HGVs to transport or goods & there is no alternative. If there was people would use it.

In other words hes a complete anorak wearing ■■■ who fails miserably to even try to understand the complexities of the logistics required to feed and clothe the populace of the UK.

Unfortunately there are a great many like him in the UK who would seek to ban all sorts of things which dont fit in with their particular slanted viewpoint - sadly Government tends to listen to them.

lets be honest, NONE of us particularly enjoys negotiating small towns and villages wherever they may be, but it is not US who build the premises there, we simply supply them.

This numbskull would better fill his copious spare time in applying his brain cell to finding a way to maintain small independant businesses in towns and villages whilst having their goods delivered elsewhere.

The biggest problem with this type of NIMBY (not in my back yard) attitude is that these people continually moan and complain about every half baked issue under the Sun, but when a solution is offered such as an RDC the self same people will find another issue to try to block the resolution to the original issue. Invariably this means innumerable public enquiries, untold cost and nothing changing. From an anoraks point of view this is a result as it then enables them to moan about yet something else - that nothing is being done.

When cyclists start paying road tax and insurance only then should they have a say, til then get outta my way :smiling_imp:

Grayham:
When cyclists start paying road tax and insurance only then should they have a say, til then get outta my way :smiling_imp:

With attitudes like that, no wonder there’s an Us & Them stand-off on the roads and ne’er the twain shall meet. :unamused:

When I was working, I cycled the 2-and-a-bit miles to work. I was a cyclist first, trucker second and my car was for weekends and trackdays.