Curtainsider drivers

WhyTF. Can’t they undo the buckles and un-strap their loads whilst waiting to get ripped… O no they sit there for an 1hour, then get called over, then waste another 15 minutes, unbuckling, de-strapping, opening curtains, keeping Forkies or bay staff waiting…

Rant over…

biggriffin:
WhyTF. Can’t they undo the buckles and un-strap their loads whilst waiting to get ripped… O no they sit there for an 1hour, then get called over, then waste another 15 minutes, unbuckling, de-strapping, opening curtains, keeping Forkies or bay staff waiting…

Rant over…

Hourly paid?
Not on trip money…
How 'bout you?

Probably too busy on their phones/i.pads/lap tops or even having a jolly on the bunk.

Was behind a 2.what waiting, bay became available, thought funny , stupid ■■■■■■ hasn’t moved.
bout 10 minutes later , thought he’s nodded off, we all do it, so I go to tap on the door,
same time as forkie is making his way to his truck. Got there , tapped on the door and…

HE gives me the finger cos he’s on the phone :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

There are sooooooooo many TO55ERS in the industry !!!

biggriffin:

Rant over…

You could look at it the other way around: the receiver wastes an hour before putting the driver on the bay where they will be unloading.

If the driver was put on their bay sooner - perhaps whilst the forkie tends to a different bay - they could unstrap ready for the forkie.

How about this , some loads you just can’t unstrap then do a spin around the yard with
But I would undo my curtain buckles though and unstrap load if it was safe enough to move with out them on
But triple stacked timber stays strapped till I’m in tipping spot

Sent from my truck

Franglais:

biggriffin:

Rant over…

Hourly paid?
Not on trip money…
How 'bout you?

Was that posted tongue in cheek Franglais ■■? :laughing:
Doesn’t matter what his pay conditions are,
it’s another modern day self-centred, can’t be arsed, couldn’t care about other drivers attitude.
You, me and loads of others have been there , queuing up to tip at some warehouse/yard,
you make the effort to be prepared to have your curtains ready to be opened as soon as you’re called to tip

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

biggriffin:

Rant over…

Hourly paid?
Not on trip money…
How 'bout you?

Was that posted tongue in cheek Franglais ■■? [emoji38]
Doesn’t matter what his pay conditions are,
it’s another modern day self-centred, can’t be arsed, couldn’t care about other drivers attitude.
You, me and loads of others have been there , queuing up to tip at some warehouse/yard,
you make the effort to be prepared to have your curtains ready to be opened as soon as you’re called to tip

Yes
Tongue firmly in cheek.
I wanna get tipped too, so I can my next allongé inside me!

you rang me lord :laughing: even I got one now :open_mouth:

biggriffin:

Rant over…

blue estate:
How about this , some loads you just can’t unstrap then do a spin around the yard with
But I would undo my curtain buckles though and unstrap load if it was safe enough to move with out them on

Sent from my truck

That’s a fair point, which I do understand, but loads of pop, and lots of other supermarket type products, na, it’s just lazy,
I’m hourly paid.

Punchy Dan:
0you rang me lord :laughing: even I got one now :open_mouth:

biggriffin:

Rant over…

I can’t see you, waiting around, then undoing curtains, your a wham bam in and out, time is money, Whooosh gone.

biggriffin:

Punchy Dan:
0you rang me lord :laughing: even I got one now :open_mouth:

biggriffin:

Rant over…

I can’t see you, waiting around, then undoing curtains, your a wham bam in and out, time is money, Whooosh gone.

Yes open barn doors engage pto :sunglasses:

biggriffin:

blue estate:

Sent from my truck

That’s a fair point, which I do understand, but loads of pop, and lots of other supermarket type products, na, it’s just lazy,
I’m hourly paid.

Who the F! Straps every pallet of pop ?
Cable reels is a different matter when they weigh 3t

Sent from my truck

blue estate:

biggriffin:

blue estate:

Sent from my truck

I’m hourly paid.

Sent from my truck

Of course there’s no need to strap them.
At that weight they’re too heavy to move.

A couple of times I have done this, unbuckled and unstrapped and then finally put where they want to offload me…to be told the load is refused, non compliant, wrong colour pallets, insert lame excuse here.

So whilst I’ll still unbuckle her In a queue I don’t touch the ratchet straps, unless it suits me of course today being a prime example due to knock and Finnish Friday… if put in that position today I’ll take my chances and get it ready for as quick a tip as poss.

blue estate:

biggriffin:

blue estate:

Sent from my truck

I’m hourly paid.

Sent from my truck

That would be me, I’m that one driver that straps everything- I’ll assume your the driver that Im constantly told “never straps his load” “one strap over the back” and so I get looked at like an alien for bunging 13 straps over my load.

Completely irrelevant if you think the load is going anywhere or not. I’ve got a mortgage and holidays to pay for thanks, I’m not paying (by way of fines) out of my own pocket to deliver someone else’s product .

It also leads to the odd load refusal, you can’t strap that drive, OK Take it off… meaning another hour on the bunk waiting for a reload.

Oh and the extra 1 hrs approx work per day strapping / unstrapping/ tidying them up probably puts an extra £75 in my pocket pre tax every week. Winner winner :smiley:

Puts another £105 in mine…whilst I’m watching you.

Winner winner winner

commonrail:

Winner winner winner

Ooh look, briefly mention money on TNUk and the willy waving begins :laughing:

I’d want to be on your sort of wage to contemplate running illegal.

Then again without strapping my load , id probably be an overweight heart attack waiting to happen, immagine a wagon driver in that state…

We dont want it,

we cancelled it,

its going to our other warehouse,

we are not expecting you,

you should have been here yesterday,

come back tomorrow,

Elf and Safety mate, sniff,

Alfa1M:

commonrail:

Winner winner winner

Ooh look, briefly mention money on TNUk and the willy waving begins :laughing:

I’d want to be on your sort of wage to contemplate running illegal.

Then again without strapping my load , id probably be an overweight heart attack waiting to happen, immagine a wagon driver in that state…

You opened your trousers,first :wink:

blue estate:

Sent from my truck

• fully agree