Curtains in cabs

As a long time distance driver ( now ex ) something is bothering me when i watch eddie stobart trucks and trailers i know i know why is it if mark dickson is such an experienced driver why does he have his curtains half way across his side windows as do a lot of drivers and not just stobart drivers can anyone tell me if you were involved in an accident from the side would they police say your vision was impaired by the curtains being so far across the side window some are nearly closed they are that far across i mean would you be done under use and construction or dangerous driving as i am sure your vision must be impaired to some degree could someone clear this matter up for me many thanks :smiley: :smiley:

Been covered hundreds of times mate, I agree with you 100%.
I can’t stand anything in my peripheral vision, even those central curtains have to be put up on the top bunk as they catch my eye.

The curtains hide the fact that they are on the phone while driving.

Thanks for the replies sorry if i have re posted a subject new to this site just finding my way around trouble being an old git i forget things did i tell you i was an old git LOL :laughing: :laughing:

Its a safety thing, if you saw him as you overtook you would probably crash from laughing so much at him blowing kisses in the mirror. Not that he loves himself.

i saw one of those new Mercedes,the driver had taken the standard curtains out,and replaced them with an Indian restaurant frilly tassle theme,and a huge glowing light with Mercedes written on,to let us all know he was in a Merc,the lights that are at the back of the cab.Each to their own,it is his money,but i thought it was sad.

Here toby isn’t that like having your name on your jacket so you don’t forget who you are got merc on his curtains so he does not forget it is a merc LOL :smiley: :smiley:

Berk in a Merc comes to mind,lol.

bigmiler:
why is it if mark dickson is such an experienced driver why does he have his curtains half way across his side windows

The answer is in the question.

Ken.

What about Spanish bull fighting spears in the window,can anyone explain that one in :grimacing: a cement mixer or quarry tipper on LOCAL work,answers on a post card please to Blue Peter.

toby1234abc:
The curtains hide the fact that they are on the phone while driving.

nah. its so u can pick ure nose in private. :unamused: :laughing:

I have been in a real fright of a truck this week , :open_mouth:
iveco flag in the window “front screen” and above the table, frilly curtains iveco all round , front and side, name plate that lights up !!, flag on back wall , iveco chrome wheel trims, electric grill in between the seats.
I’m getting a plate made with not my truck so I don’t look like an arse !!
it was really distracting actually looking out of the window, the tassels kept catching my eye. :confused:
it also had one of those annoying turning handles on the steering wheel.
shame it wasnt really looked after , ie, clean, fueled up and topped up with ad blue as well :confused:

I work nights so don’t have a regular truck. So first job when gettingt in one of them trucks is to push the girly curtains back and remove the cr-p from the windscreen.
Including the girly tassles that dangle waveing about in front of your eyes. I don’t get why big hairy truck drivers want to make the truck they drive look like its driven by a woman.[/album]

This week I have had to remove a huge dream catcher from a windscreen that was surrounded by two england flags hanging from top to bottom…And an airline connected and suspended from a hook in the overhead compartment in a Scania Topliner…I couldnt a motor like that! Couldnt see bugger all!!

I have also had a good drive in a Topliner 12 plate and I get to tomorrow as well…Not a bad motor to be honest, nearly as good as a 12 plate DAF XFSSC :open_mouth:

And what is it with Indian Restaurant curtains■■? I cant stand those frilly bits in the front, they obscure your veiw when the seat is on the high position.....I would prosecute on the spot if I was a VOSA bod :open_mouth: And I cant stand VOSA.

Done to death, but the chance to put the boot in why not, why would you need an illuminated sign with the make of the truck!!!

And by the way, we haven’t had a front fog lamp rant for a while.

toby1234abc:
What about Spanish bull fighting spears in the window,can anyone explain that one in :grimacing: a cement mixer or quarry tipper on LOCAL work,answers on a post card please to Blue Peter.

Two of our drivers do the curtain thing (daycabbed tippers). I used to have an England flag to stop the sun but it worsens the blindspot in Daf CF and Foden cabs.
Agree with Toby it’s odd in tippers; The less fabric in the cab the better as the dust just irritates after a while. Anyone remember bits of off cut carpet on the engine hump? My first lorry had some and my eyes itched on and off and once I threw the manky carpet out the problem disappeared.
This is not an anti bling rant, just my opinion from a practical point of view.

When Mark posted here I think he said something about this. It was to do with the lighting when they were filming him on the move.

As to why other driver’s do it :question: :question: :question: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

How do they check the offside blind spot before moving away like they were taught?

mike68:
Done to death, but the chance to put the boot in why not, why would you need an illuminated sign with the make of the truck!!!

And by the way, we haven’t had a front fog lamp rant for a while.

I actually quite like the illuminated sign in other peoples trucks, but I suffer bad enough at night without having glare on my windscreen.

Driveroneuk:
When Mark posted here I think he said something about this. It was to do with the lighting when they were filming him on the move.

As to why other driver’s do it :question: :question: :question: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

How do they check the offside blind spot before moving away like they were taught?

thats bollox as no other driver on the show does it