Curtains cut again

hi all,been doing the job since january,im out mon to fri and firm dont pay my parking.since january my curtains have been cut 3 times.99% of the time you’ll find me in a layby for the night,but my curtains have never been touched in a layby!
the latest episode was mon night @hartshill services M8…
never had anything taken but thats not the point…
its been suggested that the reason it dont happen in laybys as much is because its other drivers doing the cutting??
just wanted peoples views on this…

Thats a relief thought someone had cut your velvet tassly curtains for a min got quite worried there. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I`m sure after the repair bills start mounting up for fixing the slashed curtains, your boss will realise that its time to put their hand in the pocket and pay for secure parking

I’m in the same boat never been cut in laybys always in Truckstops i 100% believe its other drivers mostly i hear a lot of tales about it being foriegn drivers but its probably more brittish ones after making a few quid, Was cut in J9 not long back :unamused:

peirre:
I`m sure after the repair bills start mounting up for fixing the slashed curtains, your boss will realise that its time to put their hand in the pocket and pay for secure parking

Read his post properly before making stupid comments, Peirre!!! He WAS on supposedly secure parking

Really read the post
No expense for a layby, no facilities, and very rere a cut curtain.

Service areas give the money to a bod in a yellow coat and thats it, it may say security on board and secure parking, but as we all know thats crap, the only place those cameras are pointing is the fuel pumps and and till’s, not the truck park, and the only time bod’s in yellow coats come out is when another truck pulls in.

TheBear
Read his post and the initial post before making comments :smiley:

Dont be misled into thinking Hartshill is secure. There is a bus service running past every twenty minutes to bring all the local scum for a fix.

the first time they got done was my 2nd day in the job at the stockyard,and i think the second was at south mimms.the cost of the repair doesnt come into the equasion really cos its only a small firm i work for and the owner of the fleet has his own commercial garage/recovery business which is his main business,and any repairs/servicing gets done by his fitters at weekends.

i have never felt safe at that servies for that reason, but i have heard them stories too, but i think its more than likely other drivers making excuses to blame foreign drivers. i hate parking in motorway services (luckily i hve a boxvan) so i avoid them in this country, but when i was on general, i had my curtains cut several times, but the boss never offered to pay fully for parking, so ■■■■ him, if he wont pay, they can cut the curtains to ribbons and nick all the diesel, if his attitude is that low, he clearly doesnt care about my welfare

Just noticed the bit about the Stockyard as I have had curtains cut there too, although that says more about the slashers as I had both doors open and parked under the lights. No one can lift 11 coils of wire from Scunthorpe rod mill anyway.

Interestingly Trevor Potts blamed other drivers

Wheel Nut:
Just noticed the bit about the Stockyard as I have had curtains cut there too,

No one can lift 11 coils of wire from Scunthorpe rod mill anyway.

I don’t know, have you not seen the women around Maltby :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

Got mine slashed on thursday night. Layby on the A1 8 miles south of grantham. Bet the ■■■■■■ was well annoyed at me drivibg the n/s of the truck right into the bushes to protect my freshly filled tank hehe…not that I care about that…just wanted home on friday ha

Limestone Cowboy:

Wheel Nut:

I don’t know, have you not seen the women around Maltby :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

or with the global shortage it could be 73 chinese :open_mouth:

Whats number 73 at the chinese then?

Limestone Cowboy:

I have, I wouldn`t touch em with yours mate

how do I know …I live there

bowserman:

which chinese, there are several in town?

I`ll probably know later tonight :laughing: :laughing:

peirre:

bowserman:

which chinese, there are several in town?

I`ll probably know later tonight :laughing: :laughing:

… or will you?? :smiley:

jj72:

Limestone Cowboy:

Wheel Nut:

or with the global shortage it could be 73 chinese :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

For someone who’s boss does’nt pay parking you seem to be spending some money on parking up.