Cumbria companies

Nicely done Steve, your dad would have been proud of this model. I found some details of your grandfather,s Morris Commercial in the County Archives before lockdown. GAO 129 Morris Commercial, ULW 2t-9cwt-2qtrs -0lbs. First registered 13th November 1946. No chassis number recorded. I remember Emmett and Joe Robinson delivering bags of coal around the town. I cannot find any details of the petrol engined Albion Chieftain NRM ■■?
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Leyland600:
Nicely done Steve, your dad would have been proud of this model. I found some details of your grandfather,s Morris Commercial in the County Archives before lockdown. GAO 129 Morris Commercial, ULW 2t-9cwt-2qtrs -0lbs. First registered 13th November 1946. No chassis number recorded. I remember Emmett and Joe Robinson delivering bags of coal around the town. I cannot find any details of the petrol engined Albion Chieftain NRM ■■?
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Hi G .
Hope your keeping well .I got some one to make the model really happy with it .is this the Morris you talk about .not sure if you’ve seen this photo . Has my Great Grandfathers name on the door .in picture is my G. Mother and not sure which of the boys. Year … I summize queen’s coronation as the crown in the decoration is a Queen’s crown not a Kings …unless you can add to that

Steve your dad would have been 11 then so I guess this would be Bill or Alan. I remember when your grandmother passed away about 1966 I think, I had just delivered a large empty stator cradle from Chapelcross to GEC at Rugby driving your dads former Trader which I bought off him. When I rang home that night my wife told me about your grandmothers passing, a sad day I knew her well.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Wheelbarrow Job

hodgeturbo:
Wheelbarrow Job

After thoo’d teken that snap Hodge I bet thoo climed back in 'till’t bunk eh! :wink: Nice outfit though pity it’s a Volvo ! :cry: :cry: :cry: Keep busy Marra Cheers Dennis.

hodgeturbo:
Wheelbarrow Job

When I finished driving in 2002 Tarmac in our area paid £19 per hour for daywork starting from when the load was booked on site, I got paid 27% of that as a driver. I’m told that now you have to give them an hour for nothing and the rate has dropped to around £10 per hour. :unamused:

Pete.

New Coal Mine at Whitehaven.
There’s a right carry on going on at the latest inquiry into whether this mine should get the green light and from what I have gathered over the time it has all been dragging on it would seem to be a very well thought out proposal by the mining company as the high quality coal that will be extracted under very stringent environmentally secure working is targeted at the European steel industry and to a lesser extent our UK based producers. It will not be used for power generation but only in the electric arc furnaces where the process still requires added coal /coke but these ■■■■■■■ Green Wallies will not have any of it ! So the coal required will still have to be shipped from the likes of Australia and from elsewhere. What is ■■■■■■■ wrong with these ■■■■■ ! But besides the undoubted merits of the project there is also the little matter of the 500 direct jobs at the mine plus it is reckoned another 1200 indirect jobs and in an already deprived isolated area which if it wasn’t for the massive employment footprint of Sellafield well West ■■■■■■■ would be a very desolate place to live. But the Green Wallies completely ignore this fact but I understand that there is a groundswell developing in the local area for the mine to go ahead from the two Tory MP’s down through the Councillors and the vast majority of the local populace. So “fingers crossed” the mine will , eventually, get the thumbs up ! :smiley: Cheers Bewick.

windrush:

hodgeturbo:
Wheelbarrow Job

When I finished driving in 2002 Tarmac in our area paid £19 per hour for daywork starting from when the load was booked on site, I got paid 27% of that as a driver. I’m told that now you have to give them an hour for nothing and the rate has dropped to around £10 per hour. :unamused:

Pete.

Hi Pete we give the first 30 minutes foc now and depending on who you are working for standing time varies between £30-£55 per hour Cheers Hodge

Bewick:
New Coal Mine at Whitehaven.
There’s a right carry on going on at the latest inquiry into whether this mine should get the green light and from what I have gathered over the time it has all been dragging on it would seem to be a very well thought out proposal by the mining company as the high quality coal that will be extracted under very stringent environmentally secure working is targeted at the European steel industry and to a lesser extent our UK based producers. It will not be used for power generation but only in the electric arc furnaces where the process still requires added coal /coke but these [zb] Green Wallies will not have any of it ! So the coal required will still have to be shipped from the likes of Australia and from elsewhere. What is [zb] wrong with these [zb] ! But besides the undoubted merits of the project there is also the little matter of the 500 direct jobs at the mine plus it is reckoned another 1200 indirect jobs and in an already deprived isolated area which if it wasn’t for the massive employment footprint of Sellafield well West ■■■■■■■ would be a very desolate place to live. But the Green Wallies completely ignore this fact but I understand that there is a groundswell developing in the local area for the mine to go ahead from the two Tory MP’s down through the Councillors and the vast majority of the local populace. So “fingers crossed” the mine will , eventually, get the thumbs up ! :smiley: Cheers Bewick.

Hi Dennis your MP Tim nice but dim Farron is one of the biggest anti mine voices at the moment.Hodge

Aye Paul I’ve tel’t him on more than one occasion to keep his neb out of West ■■■■■■■ eh!. And also how can the Upland Farmers have an MP that represents them who is a Veggie/Vegan when these farmers only sell one product —MEAT---- Beef and Lamb ! ! Farron is a total joke but we have so many “off comers” that have moved in down here that he has managed to survive but only just by 800 odd votes last time so hopefully we may get the ■■■■ out next time eh! Cheers Dennis.

Hey Hodge who got the job of dredging 6,000 ton of gravel oot’ of’t Greta at Keswick----- I’d heer’d it was a new outfit frae Flimby----- PH Excavations or summat eh! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
Hey Hodge who got the job of dredging 6,000 ton of gravel oot’ of’t Greta at Keswick----- I’d heer’d it was a new outfit frae Flimby----- PH Excavations or summat eh! Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis The Environment Agency take it out and Thomas Armstrongs take it,goes to Overby Sand Quarry.But for some reason they always leave a wide bit bottom side of the Hospital and also in the bottom corner don’t know why they just don’t clean it right out Hodge

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:

Hi Dennis The Environment Agency take it out and Thomas Armstrongs take it,goes to Overby Sand Quarry.But for some reason they always leave a wide bit bottom side of the Hospital and also in the bottom corner don’t know why they just don’t clean it right out Hodge

Thanks for the gen Paul ! So they leave a l’al bit for next time eh! There’s the big scheme starting down here in Kendal on the river Kent the two Contractor ( Volker Stevins I think) sites are up and ready at each end of the town and they are gonna start felling umpteen trees along the banks. The “Tree Huggers” are going bananas but summat had to be done 'cause 2000 houses were washed out when the last big flood happened and two properties I have lived in over the years had 5 foot of watter in them it was unbelievable 'cause neither properties had been flooded for a hundred years apparently. I can remember in about 1960 a firm from Carlisle , Ginger Liddles, dredged the river in a big way which done the job for many years and the River Board done bits over the 80’s and 90’s removing a lot of gravel but it needs a lot of work now and quickly cause they have done nowt since the big flood.
Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:

Thanks for the gen Paul ! So they leave a l’al bit for next time eh! There’s the big scheme starting down here in Kendal on the river Kent the two Contractor ( Volker Stevins I think) sites are up and ready at each end of the town and they are gonna start felling umpteen trees along the banks. The “Tree Huggers” are going bananas but summat had to be done 'cause 2000 houses were washed out when the last big flood happened and two properties I have lived in over the years had 5 foot of watter in them it was unbelievable 'cause neither properties had been flooded for a hundred years apparently. I can remember in about 1960 a firm from Carlisle , Ginger Liddles, dredged the river in a big way which done the job for many years and the River Board done bits over the 80’s and 90’s removing a lot of gravel but it needs a lot of work now and quickly cause they have done nowt since the big flood.
Cheers Dennis.

There absolutely Crackers Dennis there spending £88 million pounds at Hawick building walls along side the River and its full of Gravel,you only have to look under the Bridge next to Ambleside Police Station there’s two arches and one is full of Gravel like a Farmer said to me if you’re house gutters fill up with leaves etc you don’t put greedy boards on them you clean them out,but unfortunately common sense isn’t a flower that grows in everybody’s garden

One for Hodge turbo to supply some history . All I know is that it was new to Kangol for their own duties between their factories .

Good to hear from you CATTLE WAGGIN MAN :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Lance Biscomb:
Good to hear from you CATTLE WAGGIN MAN :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks , Lance . I have been unable to post any photographs on here for over a year .
Summat on the TNUK repeatedly told me the photos were of the wrong size , so I lost patience for a while .
I dont know what happened , but I thought Id try again last night , and it worked .
Trusting you are well . When will The Long Haul Club restart ?
Cheers , cattle wagon man .

Leyland600:
Steve your dad would have been 11 then so I guess this would be Bill or Alan. I remember when your grandmother passed away about 1966 I think, I had just delivered a large empty stator cradle from Chapelcross to GEC at Rugby driving your dads former Trader which I bought off him. When I rang home that night my wife told me about your grandmothers passing, a sad day I knew her well.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Hi G
quick question can you tell me the reg no of the trader you bought off my father … also on the door was it "Mandalay " .
If you had a photo I could use too as I am getting a model of it made. Was blue with black chasiss if I remember a photo it had headboard with sheet rack …think you once showed me a photo outside your home with a cement mixer on top
Also if you have any history of it …engine etc

Cheers Steve