Cumbria companies

Hi Harry I would have thought that rear-steer would have been better.The ones I see don’t steer cheers Ray

stargazer148:
Hi Harry I would have thought that rear-steer would have been better.The ones I see don’t steer cheers Ray

Hiya,
Rear steer and lift axles are all new technology to me, me being
very ancient anall. and driver shortage or not me renewing the
class 1 is about as likely as me winning the lottery. do modern
vehicles come with stairlifts and at 85 that would be the only
way I could get in the shed.

Hi Harry I now drive bin lorries for my local council.The rear-steer took a wee bit getting used to. Now couldn’t do without it :smiley: cheers Ray(young pup at 59) p.s.know how you feel about new lorries had vertigo getting in to a Volvo :open_mouth:

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:

I always thowt that Hodge wuz a Marrer of Kenneth Graham eh! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Dennis back to normal coming April 2022Cheers Hodge

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:

I always thowt that Hodge wuz a Marrer of Kenneth Graham eh! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ah! noo then Hodge we all learn the error of our ways sometime eh! and return to “the straight and narrow” ! :wink: But if 'ah wuz Kenneth I would withdraw your invite to the Grahams annual “do” in January ( do they still have a late Christmas “do” ?) just to teach you a lesson ! :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Hope your keeping busy ! Cheers Dennis.

stargazer148:

The rear axle lifts and steers

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:

Ah! noo then Hodge we all learn the error of our ways sometime eh! and return to “the straight and narrow” ! :wink: But if 'ah wuz Kenneth I would withdraw your invite to the Grahams annual “do” in January ( do they still have a late Christmas “do” ?) just to teach you a lesson ! :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Hope your keeping busy ! Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis yes we are busy anyone I talk to is also,there still is a Christmas Party at Grahams in January it’s in the hotel at Jct 40 Penrith Cheers Paul

Lawsons Cockermouth Scania 8 wheeler tipper caught fire at Muncaster Castle a couple of weeks ago

Greggains Maryport NUS581Y ex Yuill and Dodds there was NUS582Y aswell both ended up in Ireland after they left Greggains

hodgeturbo:

stargazer148:

The rear axle lifts and steers

Hi hodgeturbo thanks for the info wasn’t sure about the rear steer as most of the time I see them the axle is lifted.The Greggains scania will have had a hard life with Yuill &Dodds :open_mouth: cheers Ray

hodgeturbo:
Greggains Maryport NUS581Y ex Yuill and Dodds there was NUS582Y aswell both ended up in Ireland after they left Greggains

Jeeze, I’d have thought it would be next stop scrap yard after Yuill & Dodds had finished with it!

In my day Hodge Grahams “do” was always held at Moota but it seems they have gone downhill a bit shifting to Penrith eh! Then again the quality of the guests could also have deteriorated :open_mouth: If you had ever “troughed” trifle with George Graham at 2:30 am you knew you had had a good “do” eh! :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Cheers Dennis. :sunglasses:

Kempston:

hodgeturbo:

Jeeze, I’d have thought it would be next stop scrap yard after Yuill & Dodds had finished with it!

There was 2 ex Yuill and Dodds MANs aswell and out of 12 MAN 8 wheelers they were probably the least trouble

hodgeturbo:

Kempston:

hodgeturbo:

There was 2 ex Yuill and Dodds MANs aswell and out of 12 MAN 8 wheelers they were probably the least trouble

They were well ‘run in’ if Yuill & Dodds had them, they did quite a big job for Shanks a few years ago with contaminated spoil into Brogborough landfill site, talk about tear around! Think the drivers left the lorries at shanks over the weekends and flew home via EasyJet from Luton airport.

Well done Hodge ! two great shots of a pair of ERF’s operated by my long gone marra Curly ! The first one would have been loaded with fire brick probably en route to S. Wales and the second shot shows the versatility of the Cargill fleet able to handle any kind of traffic on offer. I believe Curly ran around 14 or 15 ERF’s at one time but he did have a habit of cutting right back on occasion down to a handful then numbers would creep back up again in due course. Cheers Dennis.