Cumbria companies

John West:

Bewick:
Well blow me down “CG” I thought you were an ESL man ! Anyway I’m pleased to see you finally made it son and don’t worry if I see you coming towards me I’ll keep well to the left no danger !! :wink: Cheers Bewick’

Agreed, good to see you back CG.

Dennis, be very careful with ‘well blow me down’.

You may be asking for something you weren’t asking for!

Lawrence Dunbar:

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Bewick:
Well blow me down “CG” I thought you were an ESL man ! Anyway I’m pleased to see you finally made it son and don’t worry if I see you coming towards me I’ll keep well to the left no danger !! :wink: Cheers Bewick’

Cheers Bewick marra, try my best and learning every day. Still follow Stobart’s, but never want to work for them and started to realize what they are like!

Hi CG, Its nice to see you back on the TNUK Thread, Hope you are keeping well, Regards Larry.

Cheers both hope you are both keeping well. I’m great thank you Larry, living the dream so always happy :slight_smile:

John West:

Bewick:

Agreed, good to see you back CG.

Dennis, be very careful with ‘well blow me down’.

You may be asking for something you weren’t asking for!

Typical response from a Barrowvian ! :unamused: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Its good to see you are doing OK Tom, Keep up the good work my friend, Its a lot harder now to be in the haulage game, Not like in my younger days in the 50s, Anyway good wishes from me, Regards Larry.

Ahhhh… Ian from Moffat ERF on a vintage run,i mind it him getting it as I was working along the road at another Moffat company feeling old now!

I think the name you are looking for is Carleton Jim from nearby . Moffat
Cheers Leyland 600

Punchy Dan:
Was that you mr Hodge on the A75 Tuesday afternoon ?

Yes it was I’d been to Palnackie with a load of tar,where were you heading to

Tarbolton for the night , chip van ran out of fish :open_mouth: ,ended up in the Bulls head 3 courses and a lie in :smiley: ,thought it was you I was a bit late to wave though .

Leyland600 & Bewick . Hi Gerald wonder if you could give me a history of my old man starting out in buisness and the motors he ran either on here or email ,I know he was at C& S from school did my grandfather then buy him a van before he got the pantechnicon . They then ran two I believe before his dad bought a tipper I think … any light you can she’d would be good cheers Steve dowell

stevedaff:
Leyland600 & Bewick . Hi Gerald wonder if you could give me a history of my old man starting out in buisness and the motors he ran either on here or email ,I know he was at C& S from school did my grandfather then buy him a van before he got the pantechnicon . They then ran two I believe before his dad bought a tipper I think … any light you can she’d would be good cheers Steve dowell

As a young lad remember going to Harry’s at Belle Vue then bullgill loved it because he had arctic’s a scania oh and a Labrador called Cappy If IRC still see Gordon when he comes into wigton for a load now & then … when I told my grandfather Emmet I’d packed work in to go and drive for Tom hazlewood at Aspatria I thought he was going to kill me

Hi Steve, I started to write this history out for you on here but it went haywire, I will type it out and print in off for you next week if thats OK.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Leyland600:
Hi Steve, I started to write this history out for you on here but it went haywire, I will type it out and print in off for you next week if thats OK.
Cheers, Leyaland 600

Many thanks I’d appreciate that
Steve

Leyland600:
Cheers, Leyland 600

I only got to know your Dad when he was running the D1000 and he worked for Smith Brothers out of Whitehaven, the same as Harry did with his Ergo Albion Reiver. They were both Marras and I mainly saw them down in the London area and regularly at J & W Watts depot in London Colney where a number of ■■■■■■■■ hauliers subbed loads back home. I used to load all manner of bits for South ■■■■■■■ ( or what was known as Westmorland and Furness) as well as Lancaster. I recall that your dad sold his D1000 plus the Smith Bros. connection to a chap in Kendal called Ken Armstrong who I don’t believed lasted very long with the demands that Smiths placed on their Hauliers ! Everything was “desperate” and was wanting delivery “yesterday” ! It sure was a gruelling job as your Dad and HHT used to tell me ! But Gerald will know a lot more being a Wigton Lad like your Dad ! Anyway all the best to you. Happy days in the late 60’s as far as I was concerned . Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Leyland600:
Cheers, Leyland 600

I only got to know your Dad when he was running the D1000 and he worked for Smith Brothers out of Whitehaven, the same as Harry did with his Ergo Albion Reiver. They were both Marras and I mainly saw them down in the London area and regularly at J & W Watts depot in London Colney where a number of ■■■■■■■■ hauliers subbed loads back home. I used to load all manner of bits for South ■■■■■■■ ( or what was known as Westmorland and Furness) as well as Lancaster. I recall that your dad sold his D1000 plus the Smith Bros. connection to a chap in Kendal called Ken Armstrong who I don’t believed lasted very long with the demands that Smiths placed on their Hauliers ! Everything was “desperate” and was wanting delivery “yesterday” ! It sure was a gruelling job as your Dad and HHT used to tell me ! But Gerald will know a lot more being a Wigton Lad like your Dad ! Anyway all the best to you. Happy days in the late 60’s as far as I was concerned . Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis many thanks for your post I’ve really enjoyed reading through this thread over the weekend brought back a lot of memories for me ! Like sleeping under the sheets on the back of the D1000 in sheperds bush with my brother and having breakfast in a train carriage the following morning ;

Steve I remember sleeping in the back of the BMC pantechnicon on mattresses from Hackney;s at Bridgend, S Wales next door to the bus station. There were lots of small Harrington bodied Albion Nimbuses belonging to Western Welsh, a guy over in the north east has one preserved these days. N and I had been up and down the valleys like yoyos delivering beds circa 1960 or 61.
Cheers Leyland 600.

hodgeturbo:

Hi I can remember these when I grew up in Bothel

Steve, I sent you a PM the other day regarding Norman.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Off the net,NMP

Leyland600:
Steve, I sent you a PM the other day regarding Norman.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Hi Leyland cant seem to see any message

Hi Steve, For some reason the Pm does not appear to have been sent, I sometimes find they are a bit unreliable. Give me ring I am in the book.
Cheers Leyland 600.