Cumbria companies

Hi Hodge, I believe the reason they are stopping taking water from Ennerdale is to preserve the (zb) Crayfish, never mind all those poor folk doon about Whitehaven, Cleator and Wukington etc wanting a drink of watter or a wash. Once upon a time Ennerdale kept all the West ■■■■■■■■■■ industries going especially the steel works. Thats progress though !!

Aye Gerald, if Hodge nobut hed ya shower a month instee’ad of two baths UU would have avoided hevin’ to put this new pipe in frae Thirl’ma eh! Oor watter pressure is bad enough in Kendal without it bin syphoned off to West ■■■■■■■ ! As you say Gerald its a sad day when they are spending £millions on this pipe to preserve a few ■■■■■■■ crayfish which would survive anyways ! Plus there is loads of water in the Western Lakes. What will happen in the case of another hot dry spell in years to come ? Haweswater has nearly been drained by all accounts and they are drawing water off Windermere and Ullswater to keep up with demand ! The word United should be exchanged for Useless eh! It wont bother Hodge though as he will be living in’t Sooth 'o France on’t all Brass he will mek oot of’t job when it’s finished ! Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis, I have just read your post above, and I think that you must have one of
the new types of keyboard that can produce what you are typing in a regional accent.
I understood what you were saying, because I used to listen to Walter Cochrane (R.I.P.)
from Lindale, and I soon learned the vernacular from your neck of the woods.
In Walters later days, his son Linden continued doing the Rank Hovis work. Perhaps
some of you chaps from Kendal, Barrow, Ulverston, Etc remember Walter Cochrane.

Regards, Ray Smyth.

Ray Smyth:
Hi Dennis, I have just read your post above, and I think that you must have one of
the new types of keyboard that can produce what you are typing in a regional accent.
I understood what you were saying, because I used to listen to Walter Cochrane (R.I.P.)
In Walters later days, his son Linden continued doing the Rank Hovis work. Perhaps

Regards, Ray Smyth.

Hiya Ray,
■■■■ it! we’ve been “sussed” ! Hodge and me have a Scrambler key board which we can switch onto “native” to converse ! No I didn’t know Walter Cochrane or his Son, I’ve heard of them though.
Cheers
Dennis.

Ray Smyth:

Regards, Ray Smyth.

I just assumed he was illiterate? :confused: :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:

Ray Smyth:

Regards, Ray Smyth.

I just assumed he was illiterate? :confused: :laughing:

Pete.

Now then Pete I wouldn’t fancy your chances much if you wandered into any West ■■■■■■■ boozer and suggested all Marras were illiterate ! :wink: :sunglasses: :confused: Cheers Dennis.

cattle wagon man:
Hi Dennis .
Now ,… put that bottle of Malts aside for a minute . Its the letter G, forC.G. ( ■■■■■■■■ Gill ) ! Hey ,... I do not wish to beC.F.``s mentor , thanks . Aye , were both settled here in Barrow-in-Furness , thanks . Maybe ■■■■■■■■ Gill` might be persuaded to venture back onto TruckNet sometime ?!

Cheers ,… cattle wagon man .

Well blow me down “CG” I thought you were an ESL man ! Anyway I’m pleased to see you finally made it son and don’t worry if I see you coming towards me I’ll keep well to the left no danger !! :wink: Cheers Bewick’

Hiya,
Dennis, what would be the carrying capacity of a present day eight wheeler
pulling a drawbar trailer, in my early days late 50s early 60s at the Red and
Rust we put 14 tons on the legger and 6 tons on the drawbar, I did for a
short spell drive an eight wheeled Scania and dollied trailer for a scrap man
and I carried three skips all loaded at 8 tons would that have been legal at
that time, they wouldn’t have been overloaded scrap men give nowt away.
thanks harry, long retired.

harry_gill:
Hiya,

I suppose the all up combo GVW will be 44ton now “H” but I thought that Dollied trailers were not allowed, there was always controversy about them which I never understood. Volvos ran an F88 and dollied trailer with special dispensation for trials in the ‘70’s. At Bradys when we ran legal we could load 22 ton at 32 ton GVW which was 15 ton ont’ motor and 7 ton on’t trailer. Mebe Punchy Dan’l could enlighten us on the query ! Regards Dennis.

Bewick:

harry_gill:
Hiya,

I suppose the all up combo GVW will be 44ton now “H” but I thought that Dollied trailers were not allowed, there was always controversy about them which I never understood. Volvos ran an F88 and dollied trailer with special dispensation for trials in the ‘70’s. At Bradys when we ran legal we could load 22 ton at 32 ton GVW which was 15 ton ont’ motor and 7 ton on’t trailer. Mebe Punchy Dan’l could enlighten us on the query ! Regards Dennis.

Hiya,
Thank you Dennis, come to think of it the trailer I pulled may have been
a fixed hitch it was only a little longer than your average skip and had to
be tipped using the Scania’s unloading gear so the trailer was possibly in
effect a drawbar, when thinking back I don’t remember ever dropping the
trailer off it was a case of drive in crane loaded ready for next day which
for me was always out loaded return empty same routine every day and I
only ever went to the same place. only an agency driver doing sickness
cover, it was a job I could have stuck for a while.
thanks harry, long retired

harry_gill:

Bewick:

harry_gill:
Hiya,

Hiya,

Sorry Dennis you are wrong we used to take 22 ton of steel banding tape to Port Talbot.But our tare weight was 11ton 8cwt ish so just under 1half ton over

Leyland 680:

harry_gill:

Bewick:

harry_gill:
Hiya,

Hiya,

Sorry Dennis you are wrong we used to take 22 ton of steel banding tape to Port Talbot.But our tare weight was 11ton 8cwt ish so just under 1half ton over

And what about the extra 5 ton they stuck of for Griffiths Town now and again Frank ? :wink: PS how is the Bowling coming on ? Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
Well blow me down “CG” I thought you were an ESL man ! Anyway I’m pleased to see you finally made it son and don’t worry if I see you coming towards me I’ll keep well to the left no danger !! :wink: Cheers Bewick’

Cheers Bewick marra, try my best and learning every day. Still follow Stobart’s, but never want to work for them and started to realize what they are like!

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Bewick:

Cheers Bewick marra, try my best and learning every day. Still follow Stobart’s, but never want to work for them and started to realize what they are like!

Hi CG, Its nice to see you back on the TNUK Thread, Hope you are keeping well, Regards Larry.

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Bewick:

Well “CG” I knew we’d get you to see sense eventually, it took a while like but we got there in the end and now your working for a far better Outfit than Fast Eddie eh! Do you want me to put a word in for you at Paul Hodge ? But don’t let me down eh! 'ees a big Lad Hodge so I wouldn’t like to upset him with recommending a Chancer !1 All the best Bewick.

Was that you mr Hodge on the A75 Tuesday afternoon ?

Bewick:

Agreed, good to see you back CG.

Dennis, be very careful with ‘well blow me down’.

You may be asking for something you weren’t asking for!

Here are some images participants taking part in the 16th ■■■■■■■ Trunk Run this morning on A 591 Chestnut Hill (The Nest) climbing out of Keswick the well known long drag known to most West ■■■■■■■■ drivers in the good old days when HGVs were not banned from using the road through the Lake District from Keswick to Kendal. This photo location is the point where most drivers of well laden wagons were suddenly confronted with finding a much lower gear back in the 1950s- late 70s. Seen here is Willie Carlton with the family ERF bulk blower followed by Alan Reaper from Pitcaple, Aberdeenshire.
Cheers, Leyland 600

IMG_2924 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2923 - Copy.JPG

Great Photos leyland600, Thank you for posting them, Regards Larry.