Cumbria companies

Loading semi dry concrete at DA Harrison Silloth Plant

hodgeturbo:

Where yer tipping that Hodge ? Sellarfield ? by what I’m seeing on the news the whole ■■■■■■■ place should be buried ! So git your quote in eh! it will keep yer gannin for the next 20 years, and I want 10% fer the idea eh! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Hope you are well and keeping gay busy ! Well “VERY” busy eh! :blush: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:

Where yer tipping that Hodge ? Sellarfield ? by what I’m seeing on the news the whole [zb] place should be buried ! So git your quote in eh! it will keep yer gannin for the next 20 years, and I want 10% fer the idea eh! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Hope you are well and keeping gay busy ! Well “VERY” busy eh! :blush: Cheers Dennis.

Just to avoid any confusion in these gender neutral days Dennis, you may want to spell ‘gay’ as ‘gae’, an expression often heard when I was hauling timber out of the borders in 69/70. Back when the Scots didn’t hate us! Now then driver, have you got your lines?

John.

Hi John, I was once asked many years ago when as a 21 year old and fairly new to the game and after delivering a load of bagged flour to the Cremola Custard plant on Glasgow’s south side, “Noo driver hae ye goat ra lines fur ra flooer?” Eh? Parliamo Glasgae. After many more loads to Scotland over the years I became a bit more adept at understanding the lingo from Gretna to Kirkwall.
Cheers Leyland 600.

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:

Where yer tipping that Hodge ? Sellarfield ? by what I’m seeing on the news the whole [zb] place should be buried ! So git your quote in eh! it will keep yer gannin for the next 20 years, and I want 10% fer the idea eh! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Hope you are well and keeping gay busy ! Well “VERY” busy eh! :blush: Cheers Dennis.

I took it to cubby construction at gilwilly Ind estate Penrith there building a new depot for Lloyds Tractors.As for Sellafield it would tek some burying but the amount of stone that’s gone in there over the years I’m surprised it hasn’t sank

Just took this off FB. FEO 31. Would be about '62 reg I think.

image.jpeg

John West:

FEO 31 first reg 1/2/1960 scrapped 1/6/1970

Bewick:

John West:

Hi Dennis, Well it did 10 years of hard work know doubt , Sad that it was scrapped though, It would have been a classic in these modern times had it survived in Bradys livery, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

John West:

Hi Dennis, Well it did 10 years of hard work know doubt , Sad that it was scrapped though, It would have been a classic in these modern times had it survived in Bradys livery, Regards Larry.

I think I can recall this Comet had been relegated to shunting around Barrow before I left in Jan '68 i.e. no tax, no brakes and bald tyres ! Leyland 680 would have more gen ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

John West:

I think I can recall this Comet had been relegated to shunting around Barrow before I left in Jan '68 i.e. no tax, no brakes and bald tyres ! Leyland 680 would have more gen ! Cheers Dennis.

Dennis I thought that Leyland was a Beaver,

Sorry I must ahve touched the incorrect buttons, Ive been on they high voltage whisky stuff tonight, As I have just lost a very good friend of mine who passed away yesterday, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Sorry I must ahve touched the incorrect buttons, Ive been on they high voltage whisky stuff tonight, As I have just lost a very good friend of mine who passed away yesterday, Regards Larry.

You were not wrong about thinking that the Brady Comet was a Beaver Larry ! as Brady’s expected that their Comets did the work of the Beavers ! That shot has the Comet coupled to a 4 in line loaded with Cellophane but manys the time the Comets would be pulling tandem axles and getting the Bollox flogged off them ! Cheers Dennis.

Les glencross

Just a few larl styanes out of Brathy for Patterdale this week

VT behind Tescos at Whitehaven

Hey Hodge it’s you that has made them alter 600 mtrs of track of that new pipeline frae Thirmere is it ? Is it bit steep like in that spot so your Lads “bottled” it eh!. :wink: Went to Keswick a week gone Friday( I think it was Friday :blush: ) and met two of yours flying along side Thirlmere nose to tail, one was a Burlington lettered yan ! Were they running from the back of the lake to the site at the bottom of’t Nest ? Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
Hey Hodge it’s you that has made them alter 600 mtrs of track of that new pipeline frae Thirmere is it ? Is it bit steep like in that spot so your Lads “bottled” it eh!. :wink: Went to Keswick a week gone Friday( I think it was Friday :blush: ) and met two of yours flying along side Thirlmere nose to tail, one was a Burlington lettered yan ! Were they running from the back of the lake to the site at the bottom of’t Nest ? Cheers Dennis.

We’ve put most of the tracks in Dennis the one half way up the Nest from Thirlmere side is where there sinking a shift to tunnel under Keswick.I think it comes out near the old train station,plenty of work but a complete waste of money I think it’s all just to stop taking water out of Ennerdale

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:

We’ve put most of the tracks in Dennis the one half way up the Nest from Thirlmere side is where there sinking a shift to tunnel under Keswick.I think it comes out near the old train station,plenty of work but a complete waste of money I think it’s all just to stop taking water out of Ennerdale

Don’t know what’s happening behind the lake we are fetching stone from Elterwater and Brathy