Cumbria companies

pete smith:
Off the net,NMP

Thats a cracking shot of this earley 50s S18 Foden on 40X8 Boolas, Its a Liverpool Reg, Keep them rolling Pete, Regards Larry.

Hi Larry, those old Fodens of Claude Hughes really used to lean over on the corners when loaded with three decks of sheep. That Foden looks like it has come from a BRS sale on de-nationalisation.
Cheers Leyland 600.

Leyland600:
Hi Larry, those old Fodens of Claude Hughes really used to lean over on the corners when loaded with three decks of sheep. That Foden looks like it has come from a BRS sale on de-nationalisation.
Cheers Leyland 600.

Especially his Foden Steers Gerald ! :open_mouth: Cheer Dennis.

Yes Dennis I think they were worst, I remember once following one on the A595 from Thursby to Nealhouse when all those bad bends were still in place. The sheep must have thought they were at sea rolling in a storm. In the words of a well known Orcadian monologist crossing the Pentland Firth, "As she rolled frae left to right first you see the sea, then you see the sky " Yeurghh>
Cheers, Leyland 600

Colin parkers new Scania loaded with concrete panels

One for Leyland 600 .
Photographed in Newbiggin-on-Lune , when participating in the Road Run , Easter Weekend , a few years ago .

Cheers , cattle wagon man .

Hi Roy, Thanks for posting.
cheers leyland 600.

hodgeturbo:

Greggins of Maryport - my uncle Henry Johnston worked and drove for them all his working life.

Ken b

Kenb:

hodgeturbo:

Greggins of Maryport - my uncle Henry Johnston worked and drove for them all his working life.

Ken b

Hi Ken I got Henry’s 6 wheeler when he went onto an 8 wheeler on the Thames Board Mills job

Bewick:
[
Bill traded in his Guy 6 wheeler in IIRC '72 and got a brand new AEC Marshal 6 wheeler off T. Bingley.However within a week or so of getting it he smashed it up on the A6 near the Astra cafe south of Carlisle,and just about killed himself ! the AECwas a write off and he then got his final motor,an ex K.Fell Scammell Routman 8 wheeler which for some reason TK Robinson had bought but not run,Bill ran between Glasgow and Manchester.Beatties Biscuits down and Atlas Express parcels back up.In his last year or so his traffic started to dry up and we used to give him a regular Story Bros. job from Morecambe to RDB Freightlines in Glasgow,he would retire in the late 70’s I think.His main problem was ,of course ,his eyesight he was as blind as a bat which was the reason he smashed his new AEC up ! Cheers Dennis.

Did somebody mention TK ?

go and have a flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/pmailkeey/45963234181

pmailkeey:

Bewick:
[
Bill traded in his Guy 6 wheeler in IIRC '72 and got a brand new AEC Marshal 6 wheeler off T. Bingley.However within a week or so of getting it he smashed it up on the A6 near the Astra cafe south of Carlisle,and just about killed himself ! the AECwas a write off and he then got his final motor,an ex K.Fell Scammell Routman 8 wheeler which for some reason TK Robinson had bought but not run,Bill ran between Glasgow and Manchester.Beatties Biscuits down and Atlas Express parcels back up.In his last year or so his traffic started to dry up and we used to give him a regular Story Bros. job from Morecambe to RDB Freightlines in Glasgow,he would retire in the late 70’s I think.His main problem was ,of course ,his eyesight he was as blind as a bat which was the reason he smashed his new AEC up ! Cheers Dennis.

Did somebody mention TK ?
Wow ! Thats a Blast from the past ` !! Thomas Brooks from Sedbergh drove this Commer tipper . Thanks for showing .

Cheers ,
cattle wagon man .

go and have a flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/pmailkeey/45963234181

This Leyland Octopus was new to Greggains,Maryport in 1979 currently sitting in a yard in London

Sellafield

image.jpeg

Just a few larl styanes we took to Patterdale earlier this year

hodgeturbo:
Just a few larl styanes we took to Patterdale earlier this year

They’d tek some handballing on Hodge eh! Cheers Dennis. PS next “high tide” they’ll 'or be in Ullswater !

Father Christmas has left me something at Wisbech

Noo then Hodge hooster garn on Marra ? Anyway Paul is this new motor identical to the last one, same spec etc. and which contract is it going onto? I know, I know, the one that pays the best eh! . So all the Best Marra for a very Happy Christmas and a Healthy and Prosperous New Year . Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
Noo then Hodge hooster garn on Marra ? Anyway Paul is this new motor identical to the last one, same spec etc. and which contract is it going onto? I know, I know, the one that pays the best eh! . So all the Best Marra for a very Happy Christmas and a Healthy and Prosperous New Year . Cheers Dennis.

Happy Christmas and New Year to you too.The wagon is the new gen one my first automatic transmission the chassis is the same altered the linkage for the second steer and front springs.Its a 500 different turbo from the 490s it’s getting a aluminium tar body and replacing a 13 reg