Culina

Anyone know what Culina are like to work for?

They were advertising for staff for their new warehouse soon to be opening in Avonmouth.

It could be tempting if they’re any good to work for.

According to the Culina driver I spoke with yesterday, the jobs not brilliant, forgot to ask the pay. He had an FH440, so the wagons aren’t bad. And to be honest, a bad job is better than no job. So I filled in the online application myself.

I spoke to a culina driver in hull. He was constantly getting abuse for driving at 49mph on motorways.
Obviously this is not his fault.
I wouldn’t drive for an outfit that put my physical and mental health in jeopardy.
However, If they were paying me £1500 a week, I wouldn’t give a [zb].

A work mate used to work for them at Market Drayton said that he only left because of moving to kent to be near his wifes work. So they must be OK

Used to work alongside some of their people when I was on the tankers. They seemed decent enough, and the guys were happy as I recall, but they weren’t going abroad much and this was a bone of contention at the time so remember that, Allikat.

If they are advertising then you should contact them anyway, unless you really don’t want to work there. Best of luck.

Colina on here is the man to ask, he works for them at Market Drayton

Semtex:
Colina on here is the man to ask, he works for them at Market Drayton

:sunglasses: Must be me then… thanks Semtex for the recomendation.

:sunglasses: Been a while since i`ve posted ( still look in most days though )

:unamused: If theres a job advertised and you need a job, youd be daft not to go for it. Theyre upsides and downsides to every job, but look at it this way, Culina are expanding and theres not a lot of that going on at the moment :exclamation:

:imp: As for moaners…show me a firm that hasnt got them, theyre usually the ones who do the least hours compared to the rest and still take home the same pay packet :exclamation:

:sunglasses: Personally I think its a great job, pays good and the company stays within the law. Obviously the job, terms and conditions etc, will be depend on which depot youre working from.

:imp: Yes, some trucks are restricted to 50mph ( don`t ask me why ) usually the older MANs from the Baylis merger, most of the fleet is screwed down to 53mph ( fine by me ).

:arrow_right: more info :arrow_right: http://www.culinalogistics.co.uk/working-for-us/current-vacancies?action=view&jobID=00000048

limeyphil:
I spoke to a culina driver in hull. He was constantly getting abuse for driving at 49mph on motorways.
Obviously this is not his fault.
I wouldn’t drive for an outfit that put my physical and mental health in jeopardy.
However, If they were paying me £1500 a week, I wouldn’t give a [zb].

i dont believe for a second that he gets constant abuse for driving at 49mph, i’d doubt he’d need more than one hand to count on per year! a few years back the company i worked for asked us to drive at a max of 50mph to save juice, i / it lasted for about a month (except on fridays!), i didn’t get any hassle.

as for putting your physical heath in jeopardy, when you are traveling slightly slower the the average truck you find yourself with a far bigger gap in front of you compared to when you’re in the mix, constantly catching slightly slower trucks and trucks that have overtaken you gradually pulling away. try it for an hour, i’m pretty certain you’ll feel safer

stevie

Thanks for everyones replies.

I’m going to attend an open day at the begining of next month to see what it’s all about. :unamused:

:sunglasses: Best of luck with it, new depot at Avonmouth will be Chilled and Ambient , seems to be a big place, built originally for In-a-state so the grapevine tells me.

:sunglasses: Let us all know how you get on.

Yep, it was you Sharky…for some reason all i could think of was your sig
Colina - misarably the best

:blush: :blush: :blush:

I must pay more attention

repeat 100 times :smiley:

:laughing: Cheers mate…used to be a ref, then went through a short period of being a miserable git because of work…thought it was funny at the time.

sharky the shredder:
8) Best of luck with it, new depot at Avonmouth will be Chilled and Ambient , seems to be a big place, built originally for In-a-state so the grapevine tells me.

:sunglasses: Let us all know how you get on.

I had a phone call from a mate who went on an earlier presention and was told the bare bones of the deal that was on offer. Apparently the job was 5 on 3 off, days and/or nights. Pay offered was 27k. No enhanced rates for weekends, nights or bank holidays apparently.

Not a bad deal if your earning less and don’t mind being out there at all times of day and night. All the presentions were packed so they’ll have no trouble recruiting the staff they need.

However, I’m earning more than that doing 4 on 4 off as a shunter for NFT so i decided to stay in and give the presentation a miss.

:slight_smile: Yeah, in current job climate i`d expect the jobs to go pretty quick.

:open_mouth: Just dont let our shunters know that youre on that much…ours do 4 / 4 and most do the odd day or two a month to make their money up to ours :exclamation:

Attended their open day.Pay is £27500.Day and night shifts.7o per cent is night work,30 per cent is day work.They were looking for 63 drivers.New Volvo tractor units,digital card tachograph.Night out is £20 per night,tax free.Blue chip customer list.New depot opens in March,and fully operational in about 6 months.As they will shift from Pucklechurch Industrial Estate soon.

Nights out ?

Are they looking for trampers then or very long shifts… ?

steve_24v:
Nights out ?

Are they looking for trampers then or very long shifts… ?

God help us !!!..

To the question of if they are looking for trampers or long shifts.At their open day,the managers were saying 15 hour shifts all over the UK,presume you run out of time,then shift becomes night out,or day out,if you started a night shift.They would try to get you back to one their depots,which are all over the UK.

Thanks Tim, that’s what I was expecting.

If I thought they were after trampers I would have been there, it’s a little too far for me to turn around 15 hr shifts… Don’t know what you’re on about Mike :laughing:

15 hour night shifts :open_mouth: :open_mouth: , 15 hour day shifts, with a day :open_mouth: /night out are you two drivers?, do you read the posts put on here by Rog and others about the WTD etc.

As Mike say,s God help us…