Culina

Anyone been offered a job with Culina yet.Rung Kate Lanfear,answer phone message saying open day on February5th is full.No update yet,or interview at Pucklechurch.Bet they filled driver vacancies on first session on open day.Every hour from 14.00 to 19.00.

I would be interested to find out whether anyone that attended Culinas open day and submitted an application for a driving position has either been interviewed and/or offered a position . Myself and five other guys that I know attended and not one of us has heard anything back regarding our applications. We are wondering whether the jobs are for real or was the open day just a publicity stunt for Culina ■■

Something fishy going on with Culina.They were looking for 63 drivers at the open day on February 5th,at the “Holiday Inn”,Filton.So far no joy.I attended the 19.00 session.Were the vacancies filled before the open day,and like the last post here,suugests a free PR and marketing campaign.What about the Wincanton depot closures,have those drivers got first offer for employment at Avonmouth.Im just speculating here to get feedback.Culina at Stafford are recruiting LGV 1s as well.Think i will try there,see what occurs.Buy a camper van!!!

I wouldn’t be surprised if they had several hundred applicants and are struggling to go through them all. Might only be one person looking at them. :question:

Maybe Ex_Gregory drivers got the jobs.Allways loads of their wagons parked up in their depot at Tormaton,off Bath junction on M4.And J.R Harding has idle wagons growing weeds on the wheels,at Frome industrial estate.

tim williams:
Maybe Ex_Gregory drivers got the jobs.Allways loads of their wagons parked up in their depot at Tormaton,off Bath junction on M4.And J.R Harding has idle wagons growing weeds on the wheels,at Frome industrial estate.

Has Gregory’s laid some off then ? Not heard anything, but then I don’t hear much anymore. :frowning:

Harding’s has had many idle wagons for a few years now, but, still see the odd one out and about now and then. I heard Rayners wanted to buy their yard once. :laughing: Dreamers that they were. :smiling_imp:

DAFMAD:
I wouldn’t be surprised if they had several hundred applicants and are struggling to go through them all. Might only be one person looking at them. :question:

:wink: That`s more likely the case than it being a publicity stunt :unamused:

:open_mouth: 15 hours…yeah right…im salaried and it works out at being paid for, quote " 12 hours work " and thats what is usually planned for you to work, you may get the occasional run that, due to problems goes over, thats the same for most jobs. At the 12 hour point im looking at parking up…if I can get back to the yard inside 13 then i`ll go for it, if not it gets parked for the day :exclamation:

:open_mouth: Besides that, Culina will not put you in a position where the law will be bent, let alone broken, if you incure an infringement its the drivers fault, theyd much prefer a late delivery than an infringement :exclamation:

:imp: As for the people who moan about working for Culina…every firm has them…just don`t always believe what you read :wink:

sharky the shredder:
8) Best of luck with it, new depot at Avonmouth will be Chilled and Ambient , seems to be a big place, built originally for In-a-state so the grapevine tells me.

:sunglasses: Let us all know how you get on.

innovate was in the old frigoscandia place at the first roundabout turn right and it is on the right