Culina Spalding

“And he said”,“also he said”,Aldi had nothing to do with it :unamused: .FFS how hard can it be to string a few letters together

What’s your problem flat to the mat? Did my simple little predictive text writer really rub you up the wrong way my little cherub? If you got nothing to contribute to the actual subject they say nothing

^+1

Hi guys. I work for culina fresh. Who’s your mate v8power? But I can vouch for what v8 is saying anyway. I’m enjoying the job so far. Got my own truck and tramping. Spalding is not the best area in terms of pay to be honest but I’m comfortable with what I get and being out all week bumps it up. Although part of culina it is operating totally seperate from the rest of the group in terms of the way we work,hours, tramping etc. it’s well organised and got some good work coming up. They do have subbies doing European work but we will also be going abroad as well. I’ve been in at Haverhill and already have there own trucks going to Belgium now.

freshneasy:
Hi guys. I work for culina fresh. Who’s your mate v8power? But I can vouch for what v8 is saying anyway. I’m enjoying the job so far. Got my own truck and tramping. Spalding is not the best area in terms of pay to be honest but I’m comfortable with what I get and being out all week bumps it up. Although part of culina it is operating totally seperate from the rest of the group in terms of the way we work,hours, tramping etc. it’s well organised and got some good work coming up. They do have subbies doing European work but we will also be going abroad as well. I’ve been in at Haverhill and already have there own trucks going to Belgium now.

Well i stand corrected then, i didn’t think they had any interest in going over the water :blush: :blush: Anyway glad you are enjoying it and like you said it’s run different to our side of things, and what motors you got is it the Volvo fh ?

Thanks mate yeah I’m loving it. The driver trainer from MK even said before we started that there intentions were to have there own trucks running abroad as well as subbies. Obviously I’m not goIng divulge what there intentions are and what work there going to be doing in the public domain but is a fair bit. Stirred a bit of hornets nest obviously in this area with the likes of fowler welch gist and freshlinc all here

And sorry yes got Volvo’s

I know what their intentions are, and yes they took some drivers from the likes Fowler Welch and Freshlinc i believe and will more than give these companies a run for their money, Culina are looking to get a lot bigger in the next couple of years.

bald bloke:
I know what their intentions are, and yes they took some drivers from the likes Fowler Welch and Freshlinc i believe and will more than give these companies a run for their money, Culina are looking to get a lot bigger in the next couple of years.

I see this as a massive positive for the re-generation of driver employment prospects and decent salaries with all the companies looking to employ the best in the area which can only drive up wages, not too go off topic but thats as long as they dont employ too many of our EU friends.

Hay1908:

bald bloke:

I see this as a massive positive for the re-generation of driver employment prospects and decent salaries with all the companies looking to employ the best in the area which can only drive up wages, not too go off topic but thats as long as they dont employ too many of our EU friends.

Well I can tell you mate that the driver traIner who was at the open day said out of the 200 odd applications not one was from foreign shores. Maybe baldbloke could enlighten more but culina don’t seem to have many across the company from my experience. As an ex fowler welch driver the east European drivers there had it made it really in that they had there own interpreters in the office all paperwork was duplicated in respective languages etc so doubt many of them would want to give that up. Some of them there would good lads but the vast majority didn’t speak very good English and from my experience of culina so far I don’t think they would get these luxuries. The lads at fresh at the moment are all good lads who care about the job and look after there trucks and take pride in what they do so this is another reason why im enjoying my time so much more these days. Baldbloke if I’m down Bristol I will look out for you mate.

freshneasy:

Hay1908:

bald bloke:

Well I can tell you mate that the driver traIner who was at the open day said out of the 200 odd applications not one was from foreign shores. Maybe baldbloke could enlighten more but culina don’t seem to have many across the company from my experience. As an ex fowler welch driver the east European drivers there had it made it really in that they had there own interpreters in the office all paperwork was duplicated in respective languages etc so doubt many of them would want to give that up. Some of them there would good lads but the vast majority didn’t speak very good English and from my experience of culina so far I don’t think they would get these luxuries. The lads at fresh at the moment are all good lads who care about the job and look after there trucks and take pride in what they do so this is another reason why im enjoying my time so much more these days. Baldbloke if I’m down Bristol I will look out for you mate.

Our depot has about 48 ish drivers and I think 3 are Poles and although they’re good lads I don’t think Culina are big on employing Eastern Europeans especially drivers.

bald bloke:

freshneasy:

Hay1908:

bald bloke:

Our depot has about 48 ish drivers and I think 3 are Poles and although they’re good lads I don’t think Culina are big on employing Eastern Europeans especially drivers.

:smiley: :smiley:
Some positivity coming from that area of the country, I hope it becomes contagious and grows throughout the industry. Cheers for the info guys

bald bloke:

I wonder if that has anything to do with Muller buying Wisemans?

Milk Man:

bald bloke:

I wonder if that has anything to do with Muller buying Wisemans?

They brought Wisemans because Muller want to get into selling and making milk drinks in this country as its not taken off yet as much as on the continent especially Germany, also apparently Wisemans were or have built a big new place in M Drayton and they were a little worried were Muller allegedly that is.

freshneasy:

Hay1908:

bald bloke:

I’m gutted I never got a call back from the open day, sounds exactly what I’m after, I’m currently at Freshlinc and not having my own or even a regular truck is horrible, and like you say there are definitely more poles than british on there. I did get an email saying they will keep my details if any vacancies arise so I’ll keep my fingers crossed that they grow.

Wouldn’t get to down about it brooks they will be recruiting again soon enough I can assure you of thst as jobs begin to kick in.

Had a call back on friday 13th of all days from culinafresh after going to the open day etc, anyway long story short i start there monday 23rd. just goes to show that when some companies say they will keep your details they actually do. Anyway over the moon and cant wait to get started,Cheers Ben

Just heard this week my mates who were still there have all been laid off and culina fresh is now culina stale! Finished. Been treated pretty bad by all accounts

freshneasy:
Just heard this week my mates who were still there have all been laid off and culina fresh is now culina stale! Finished. Been treated pretty bad by all accounts

Not heard anything myself you’ll have to dig deeper .

I don’t need to dig very deep mate everybody has been laid and fresh closed down. I know 6 drivers start new jobs next week. They have pulled the plug on it. If you try to go on culina fresh website it just diverts you to the main website now