Culina Spalding

For anyone in the Spalding area Culina are opening up a new depot dealing with imported fruit n veg and are having an open day this Friday 9th. I don’t know much about it but log onto WWW culinafresh.co.UK to find out more. This is a new venture for the company and aswell as drivers they’re after transport office bids.

Well I’ve sent my cv and requested an interview time on Friday so fingers crossed! Does anyone know if culina have trampers and if they get there own truck? I want to go back tramping, well more like need to for the money. Thanks ben

Not sure on what the spading depot is gonna be like but I worked at the Haverhill depot and you definitely don’t get your own motor infact most days you would be waiting a couple of hours for a lorry to come back. With regards to nights out you don’t do that many because they need the lorry back for a night driver but it may work different at the spading depot

Ok thankyou sounds pretty much like where I work now then, there all the same! Thanks again

Not saying it’s a bad job infact you could do a lot worse than culina the money’s ok for what you do it suits some and not others

Just a shame it’s Spalding. What a bleak place that is when the wind is blowing in winter.

Brooks81:
Well I’ve sent my cv and requested an interview time on Friday so fingers crossed! Does anyone know if culina have trampers and if they get there own truck? I want to go back tramping, well more like need to for the money. Thanks ben

I’m not really sure what this job entails but very doubtful you’ll get your own truck and be tramping. Probably will be nights out every so often but that will depend on your start time to some degree.
All the kits good and they like you to play strictly by the rules which let’s face ain’t a problem. They might want some drivers Mon to Fri and some 5 on 3 off.

Brooks81:

Well how did it go Mr Brooks81 :question: What did they have to say :question: I’m just being nosey really .

just don’t expect to get a fuel bonus though

focusdiy:
just don’t expect to get a fuel bonus though

Tell me about it :frowning: dangled the carrot and then took it away :imp:

I think you will find there will be tramping and european work on offer thus meaning keeping your own truck. This new company is operating totally separate from the main culina group. There is only going to be about 15 trucks operating to begin with and they will be regarded pretty much as sub contractors when going onto culina sites. It will have to operate differently in that fresh produce and horticulture is a different ball game to chilled juices yoghurts etc.

Anybody get a start then?

Only just heard about this. Would be happy to hear if and when they are recruiting again! :confused:

heard about this new outfit. anybody working there?

I’ve done work or culina Bristol and like gunners says,not normally nights out different truck every day and been waiting for truck to come back to go straight out again… :wink:

bloomy1:
I’ve done work or culina Bristol and like gunners says,not normally nights out different truck every day and been waiting for truck to come back to go straight out again… :wink:

They might be recruiting soon so keep checking their web site if you’re interested :wink:

i got a mate whos on there. just left fowler welch. Said cracking job so far. Keep your own truck and out all week. Spoke to him last week been up to scotland and down in Bridgwater so getting about. Also will be starting european soon.

scaniav8power:
i got a mate whos on there. just left fowler welch. Said cracking job so far. Keep your own truck and out all week. Spoke to him last week been up to scotland and down in Bridgwater so getting about. Also will be starting european soon.

I’d be surprised if he’s going over the water if employed by Culina It’s suppose to be subbies doing that part.

Yes correct mate they are using subbies but they will also be using there own trucks for European work. He showed me his contract and it said in there ‘to perform your duties in the uk and outside the uk’. Is that a standard entry in there contract? Aldi said they had been measuring up his 5th wheel height for low bridges so also would suggest gearing up for european work.

That’s meant to say also not aldi!