Culina, Haverhill?

Got an interview with Culina @ Haverhill on Monday includes driving test!, Any idea what to expect as i havent been for an interview for many a year, only looking for something different as my current job is looking very shakey and want to have something up my sleeve if it suddenly goes. Understand money is around 28k, but didnt say what hours or shifts are like. I know its all Ambient/ frozen work but who do they work for? All answers welcome thanks!! :wink:

out of haverhill they do nestle yogs,supermarket own branded yogs copella juice and obviously lot more was 5 on 3 off u some depots they are going back to 5 on 2 off .believe they run over to belgium .hope this helps,

hi

ive done their assesment. usual stuff, start with written test which lasts around 20 mins, basic questions tacho, raod signs, general common sense driving questions. then a 45 min driving assessment. all depends on your assesor i guess. hope this helps :smiley:

ps: they have volvos/ MANs / Mercs - but that can vary depending on depot, not sure what they have at haverhill, all autos of course. my assesor was a very nich chap and gave me some tips on what they look for ie make sure legs are completed wound up, avoid getting grease on doors, in cab etc, (it goes down well :open_mouth: ), lower suspension so legs are lowered onto concrete to avoid damage etc, the usual basically!

good luck

I worked there for nearly 2 years it’s 5 on 3 off money was £28500 I think. The Haverhill depot are all MAN trucks the job is easy but the start times are vicious anytime after midnight which takes it’s toll if you’ve got kids at home. The only day they don’t send lorries out is Xmas day so if you’re on shift you could start at midnight boxing day/nye any more questions feel free to ask

All MAN 480’s, some drivers are 5 on 2 off, some including myself are 5 on 3 off, don’t think they do ambient there i think it’s all chilled and they do a lot of Tropicana also. With your start times they might ask you at the interview what you prefer, i’m always around 4.00 to 5.00 a.m because that suits me but they will have start times pretty much anytime of day.
They don’t push you with your hours so you won’t be reducing much. They are a stickler for rules and regs so always defect anything that needs to be. I think they are shipping out over to Belguim and Holland from Haverhill for some reason on occasions.

Anything more just ask i’ve been at Culina Bristol for 3 yrs but i’ve got my private messages disabled, good luck.

Thanks for replies so far guys, very helpful indeed. I knew i could trust this forum for answers :smiley: :wink:

Now lets see what happens, as i dont think my own company will be around too long with the amount of big contracts we are losing on a monthly basis and redundancys at other depots, although so far Chelmsford untouched!!!

Governor!:
Thanks for replies so far guys, very helpful indeed. I knew i could trust this forum for answers :smiley: :wink:

Now lets see what happens, as i dont think my own company will be around too long with the amount of big contracts we are losing on a monthly basis and redundancys at other depots, although so far Chelmsford untouched!!!

Do they have a name or colour of vehicles?, just so we know.

Were expanding all time and do have lots of work on.

Governor!:

thought woodland logistics were based there no work with them

Last time I saw an ad for Woodland they wanted the drivers to have ADR.

8wheels:
Last time I saw an ad for Woodland they wanted the drivers to have ADR.

yep they won our contract airliquide depots coleshill manchester bellshill and london might be vacancies

Culina Stafford just dropped 35 drivers after losing a contract.

Robertthegreat:

36 drivers and 34 warehouse/office staff.

skids:

Robertthegreat:

36 drivers and 34 warehouse/office staff.

And we’ve just taken on 10 drivers, daft innit.

And remember if you work for culina no talking about them on facebook. someone at market drayton on disiplinary for that . bald bloke it it right rein brakels err left

focusdiy:
And remember if you work for culina no talking about them on facebook. someone at market drayton on disiplinary for that . bald bloke it it right rein brakels err left

I’m not on Facebook so that’s not going to be an issue as for Rien ain’t got a clue , honest.

waddy640:

Governor!:

Do they have a name or colour of vehicles?, just so we know.

DBC

Do they have a name or colour of vehicles?, just so we know

Red & White

thought woodland logistics were based there no work with them

No Nothing going there!

DBC

:wink:

Governor!:
Got an interview with Culina @ Haverhill on Monday includes driving test!, Any idea what to expect as i havent been for an interview for many a year, only looking for something different as my current job is looking very shakey and want to have something up my sleeve if it suddenly goes. Understand money is around 28k, but didnt say what hours or shifts are like. I know its all Ambient/ frozen work but who do they work for? All answers welcome thanks!! :wink:

Well how did it go and what did they say :question:

Is it one man one unit up there or are you cab hopping?