Culina brought in to run transport at unilever?

just heard from a good source that stobarts have been kicked out of unilever cannock,and culina have taken the transport over,just wandered if anyone had heard anything about this…

Yes all part of a 10 yr multi million deal, also doing Unilever out of Thurrock aswell.

…i just thought it was another rumor,at least they will pay there drivers abit more than stobies do

rigga70:
…i just thought it was another rumor,at least they will pay there drivers abit more than stobies do

I wouldn’t know what Stobbies earn so can’t answer that.

i had a interview and driving assessment there in august all went fine and got offered the job,untill they told me i’d be on £7.05 an hour mon-fri £7.75 for sat,so i stayed on the agency … :unamused:

DHL have got Unilever transport out of Trax Park Doncaster. Doing 40% till April then will take 100%. Looks like Stobart did not do a good job for them.

No doubt Mr Stobart will say that they gave up the work because it didn’t suit them?

CMIIW but didn’t Stobart get the contract off Wincanton originally by saying they would use spare capacity within Stobbies to fulfill the contract?

If so that would mean there’s going to be a fair amount of spare capacity within them once again.

Stan

Culina are have opened up a new depot (to them anyway) just round the corner from the CO-OP RDC Thurrock for the Unilever contract, we back load to Stafford from there.

I collected from Unilever Thurrock a couple of weeks back. Big DHL sign outside but the yard was full of Culina trailers. The guy in despatch who gave me the notes was wearing a Culina fleece come to think of it…

Off topic but anyone sampled from the big blue double decker bus outside there?

DHL will be involved with the work at Cannock

dhl have done the warehouse work since it opened in cannock,and that wont change cos it works well,only the transport as changed hands yet again :blush:

I work for DHL and rumour has it our contract with Unilever is growing

old_n07:
Culina are have opened up a new depot (to them anyway) just round the corner from the CO-OP RDC Thurrock for the Unilever contract, we back load to Stafford from there.

Culina are building a new warehouse for the Unilever contract costing £40 million at Purfleet sometime next year.

franklin:
I collected from Unilever Thurrock a couple of weeks back. Big DHL sign outside but the yard was full of Culina trailers. The guy in despatch who gave me the notes was wearing a Culina fleece come to think of it…

Culina do the transport there now that’s why but DHL do the warehouse work and no haven’t sampled the food there yet.

In Cannock DHL doing transport. Great Bear supplying shunters. TUPE date March 15th 2013.

skids:

bald bloke:

old_n07:

Culina are building a new warehouse for the Unilever contract costing £40 million at Purfleet sometime next year.

If its anything like the rest of culinas warehouses then it will have a yard that is far too small for the amount of trailers using it.

Yep especially ours we’re using an empty warehouse next door for trailer overflow parking, Haverhill is just about our only decent size yard.

franklin:

Food spot on 24/7! :grimacing: KEBAB three in the morning! :open_mouth: :unamused: :sunglasses: