Culina brought in to run transport at unilever?

Retired Old ■■■■:
No doubt Mr Stobart will say that they gave up the work because it didn’t suit them?

Err no! The planners Donald ducked it! :open_mouth: because THEY CAN’T PLAN! :unamused: simples! :grimacing: :grimacing:

So if culina are now running it why are all the staff sat in the office now wearing stobart clothing why are the shunters wearing a stobart uniform and why are there loads of stobart trucks parked in there ? :confused:

fozzie:
So if culina are now running it why are all the staff sat in the office now wearing stobart clothing why are the shunters wearing a stobart uniform and why are there loads of stobart trucks parked in there ? :confused:

coreysboys:
In Cannock DHL doing transport. Great Bear supplying shunters. TUPE date March 15th 2013.

I have been in transport a long time now and I have rarely seen a major contract change hands because it was more expensive…

skids:
Culina run the transport at unilever Thurrock now. Are you thinking of proctor and gamble Thurrock?

There are no Stobart pen pushers in P&G Thurrock! Only At Unilever at Cannock,Skem and Donny mate. :wink:

I left Stobarts at Cannock in August and I’ve still got mates there who I talk too and they reckon Stobarts have lost the contract but they’ve not been told officially,DHL have won the contract for the transport and are sub contracting the majority of work to the consortium known as Harliquin. Gt Bear will be doing most of the inbound work from Trafford Park,port Sunlight etc and also most of the n/w deliveries to get them North.
As for Purfleet,that was always a separate contract until Esl took over then the mayo contract was joined onto the main contract and delivered into Cannock,Dhl carried on trunking the spreads round the corner to their yard using roller bed trailers.
I’m just glad I had the foresight to get out when I saw the depot and the company going to the dogs,ok I had to take a crap job to start off with but now I’m at a much better company starting this week and I hope my mates manage to get other work as well if there ends up not being enough vacancies at Cannock.
Personally,I think we’re starting to see the beginning of the end of stobarts dominance in logistics.

Off topic but anyone sampled from the big blue double decker bus outside there?
[/quote]
Yes mate… Top butty… It’s open 24 hours and the bird who does the eggs has a bald fanny… Haha… She told us one day whilst turning the bacon… :wink:

AndyRud:
Yes mate… Top butty… It’s open 24 hours and the bird who does the eggs has a bald fanny… Haha… She told us one day whilst turning the bacon… :wink:

Winner! :slight_smile:

Culina is also the wife of Muller who owns Muller rice. Muller brought Culina a transport company as she wanted to run her own company

mickyblue:
Culina is also the wife of Muller who owns Muller rice. Muller brought Culina a transport company as she wanted to run her own company

Are you sure about this :confused:

mickyblue:

The wifes name is Mercedes so they buy her trucks too :stuck_out_tongue:

She was born in India so the company use tyres from them

They buy fuel from ARAL because it is a subsidiary company of ARLA

Wincanton became part of Culina and Baylis is named after a motorcyclist

Thomas Van Mourik from De Rijke is Culina who with the financial help of Thomas Muller or TML investment who also owns Muller Dairy.

The recent rapid rise of Culina is down to one man in my opinion Glyn Davies formerly of Russell Davies. Hanbury etc etc.

The truth is in there… I read it on TNUK

jase:
Personally,I think we’re starting to see the beginning of the end of stobarts dominance in logistics.

How can you say that Stobart dominate Logistics, when the according to the Motor Transport top 100 companies their turnover is less than half of Wincantons or DHL

bald bloke:

mickyblue:

Are you sure about this :confused:

I am sure about it

Culina is the name of his wife

Culina also doing Tate and Lyle transport now.

Anybody tell me does great bear their won depot in Cannock, and if so is it off common lane.

Thanks, Fireman.

Anybody tell me does great bear have their own depot in Cannock, and if so is it off common lane. Sorry about the first message, late night.

Thanks, Fireman.

Not one in Cannock nearest is 8 miles way on Fradley park Lichfield