Cruise control [Poll]

watching that video of that driver dancing in his cab and recent accidents of drivers hitting standing traffic should cruise control be banned what do you all think :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

NO !!! Only tired drivers who push on when they are obviously too tired to carry on should be banned :wink:

i never use it me self gives me right foot something to do :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Drivers have been falling asleep, or losing concentration, and hitting things since long before we had CC so why ban it. Some people drive irresponsibly so should we ban all vehicles. some people use the internet for bad things, should that be banned as well? Some people have an allergic reaction to some types of food, maybe we should ban that as well.

It seems to be the way these days, suggesting banning something because of a tiny minority. Have you ever thought about a career change, you would make a great H&S person because they like banning stuff for no good reason, and sadly all to often get away with it.

Cruise Control should be banned for life, especially for wearing that purple hoodie at Truckfest, in the pose caught on camera by Gogzy, it made him look sooooooo gay :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:
Drivers have been falling asleep, or losing concentration, and hitting things since long before we had CC so why ban it. Some people drive irresponsibly so should we ban all vehicles. some people use the internet for bad things, should that be banned as well? Some people have an allergic reaction to some types of food, maybe we should ban that as well.

It seems to be the way these days, suggesting banning something because of a tiny minority. Have you ever thought about a career change, you would make a great H&S person because they like banning stuff for no good reason, and sadly all to often get away with it.

it just a question coffee calm your jets we cant put polls on anymore so i thought i would ask what people think maybe you should have a career change to a dictator because no ones aloud to ask a question without being called :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: and nice one spanker :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

dreva:
it just a question coffee calm your jets we cant put polls on anymore so i thought i would ask what people think maybe you should have a career change to a dictator because no ones aloud to ask a question without being called :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

And no one is allowed to answer the question then if it differs from the answer you want? Chill, it was just a wind up but you bit to easily. :wink:

It’s a poll now, something you could have done if you wanted to. :wink:

cheers long time since i put a poll up thank you :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

dreva:
cheers long time since i put a poll up thank you :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

You’re welcome. Although it does go against my dictator complex, giving people what they want. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

i know sorry mate while your kicking about when you doing another book :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Coffeeholic:

Very well stated that man! I couldn’t put it better myself. Besides making life easier, CC helps making fuel economies, it saves having to keep checking your speed in ‘sensetive’ areas, and is therefore an aid to keeping your licence point free, and, finally, from not having to monitor your speed, it frees you up to concentrate on the road :slight_smile:

It does seem to help with driver fatigue and concentration when travelling along the motorway. Not so with the seddon atkinson I’m currently driving, as it lurches and rolls around, trying to maintain a constant speed. The volvo I used to drive did a much better job at it, even though it had a wobbly brake pedal which would knock the CC off every time you went over a bump…

no. why should this nob ruin it for the rest of us. its like saying i have a gun but only to shoot bears as aposed to american students. its what you do with it that counts. like i have a pair of stilsons but i choose to fix pipes rather than whack people over the head with them :smiley:

I’ve found both when using cc;

Sometimes, it’s a godsend - easier to concentrate on other things, can sit more comfortably and so on but others it just seems to make the journey more monotenous - doing absolutely nothing but watching for hazards, take a trip to dorset/devon for me; it’s all motorways (nearly) well over 150miles of it, that’s 3-3.5hrs at 56 just sitting there really, it’s pretty boring to be honest BUT;

I’ve got the sense to stop if I feel I could be getting too “mesmerised” and a danger to myself and others - I think that’s the important thing, I don’t think cc should be banned.

Cruise control doesn’t kill people, people kill people :sunglasses:

joedwyer1:
i have a pair of stilsons but i choose to fix pipes rather than whack people over the head with them :smiley:

So that’s what they are for…

EBGBz:
It does seem to help with driver fatigue and concentration when travelling along the motorway. Not so with the seddon atkinson I’m currently driving, as it lurches and rolls around, trying to maintain a constant speed. The volvo I used to drive did a much better job at it, even though it had a wobbly brake pedal which would knock the CC off every time you went over a bump…

Sounds like a very simple case of a broken or missing return spring.

The benefits outweigh the disadvantages and if you’re too tired to drive, stop driving.

Santa:

joedwyer1:
i have a pair of stilsons but i choose to fix pipes rather than whack people over the head with them :smiley:

So that’s what they are for…

they are for turning steel threaded pipe usually known as barrel :wink:

shuttlespanker:
Cruise Control should be banned for life, especially for wearing that purple hoodie at Truckfest, in the pose caught on camera by Gogzy, it made him look sooooooo gay :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

thanks rob for bringing that photo up :exclamation: :blush: trying to forget about it to spare clare and further embarrasment :exclamation: i did that silly pose because i didnt actually think gogzy was taking the photo :exclamation: :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

on topic looks like it some people like me :frowning: :frowning: :laughing: :laughing:

BAN IT, and use the money saved in fitting something alot more usefull, like electric windows on offside and nearside