CRB Checks?

Heya folks,
Done a few stupid things in the past and am just wondering if it will prevent me from gaining employment in the industry? Has anyone ever been crb checked for their trucking work?

Thanks

If it was several years ago, did not involve children or serious violence then dont worry, we all make stupid mistakes before we were older and wiser. :smiley:

hgvhgv:
Heya folks,
Done a few stupid things in the past and am just wondering if it will prevent me from gaining employment in the industry? Has anyone ever been crb checked for their trucking work?

Thanks

I would think that firms do these checks routinely but it probably goe,s on merit,as long as you,re not a real raving mass murderer or what have you don,t worry,unless you,re not are you??

It was 2 years ago and I’m not one yet!

hgvhgv:
It was 2 years ago and I’m not one yet!

That’s good keep it up :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve never been CRB checked, I suppose you could be if you were involved in carrying particularly high-value goods but this couldn’t be done by the employer without your consent because you yourself would have to fill in the forms requesting a CRB check.

In general though a CRB check is only required if you come into contact with children or vulnerable adults.

Ok thays great thanks for the advice!

Harry Monk:
I’ve never been CRB checked, I suppose you could be if you were involved in carrying particularly high-value goods but this couldn’t be done by the employer without your consent because you yourself would have to fill in the forms requesting a CRB check.

In general though a CRB check is only required if you come into contact with children or vulnerable adults.

Not quite, but not far off.

I’ve had several CRB checks, there’s also 2 types, one is a basic, one is an advanced.

Obviously most were whilst driving coaches due to dealing with kids, oaps and disabled people.

But, I also had 1 for driving airside at the airport, and had to have another not long ago for a delivery to a prison, along with all details sent in advance, ie driver name, copy of photocard licence etc…

waynedl:

Harry Monk:
Not quite, but not far off.

I’ve had several CRB checks, there’s also 2 types, one is a basic, one is an advanced.

Obviously most were whilst driving coaches due to dealing with kids, oaps and disabled people.

But, I also had 1 for driving airside at the airport, and had to have another not long ago for a delivery to a prison, along with all details sent in advance, ie driver name, copy of photocard licence etc…

Yes, that’s basically the sort of thing, coaches because of contact with kids (same for taxi drivers), and airside for security.

Perhaps if you regularly delivered to prisons you would need one, but not so for a one off I would think, because they take weeks to come through. I delivered to Long Lartin prison once and they wanted me to jump through loads of hoops (not 'til I arrived though) before they would let me in so I said to the screw “I’ll tell you what mate, I’ll take the stuff away and you can go do one”, and the upshot was that they got two trusties out to handball the stuff off.

Nice blokes they were, I gave one a pack of duty free ■■■■ when their ■■■■■■ wasn’t looking. :wink:

I applied for a class 2 document destruction company job last year, that was subject to a CRB check due to confidential council ,tax office and M.O.D site paperwork being shredded.

Had one to get a green pass for Raf Brize.

roadrunner:
I applied for a class 2 document destruction company job last year, that was subject to a CRB check due to confidential council ,tax office and M.O.D site paperwork being shredded.

Yeah, forgot to mention that myself.

So you shouldnt need one for delivering food then really?! I only ask because they want a 5 year checkable work history!

hgvhgv:
So you shouldnt need one for delivering food then really?! I only ask because they want a 5 year checkable work history!

Make one up if you need to. I’ve done it loads of times :laughing:

hgvhgv:

I wouldn’t have thought the company would normally want a CRB check for delivering food.

I had a basic CRB check done about three years ago, I was carrying computer parts at the time and the company I drove for was a bit paranoid, as has already been said the company can’t do a CRB check without your consent as they have to ask you to complete the forms and then the results are posted back to you, so you’d know in advance if anything unpleasant was found :wink:

hgvhgv:

A 5 yr checkable history to deliver food?

Where you delivering it to? The army?

I’ve struggled to do a 5yr checkable history, and given up on going for a job I wanted because it asked for a 10yr checkable history.
My 5yr is like an a4 sheet, so a 10yr - which goes back to when I was on busses and walked in and out of jobs same day - would be HUGE!!!

Happydaze:

hgvhgv:

Make one up if you need to. I’ve done it loads of times :laughing:

I thought the idea was they could check it? You just put your mates names n numbers down or what?!

Yeah I thought its a bit odd asking for it for brakes but hey ho!

i reckon if you`ve got form for poisoning people you might struggle :bulb:

I had one when I went for an agency job working for royal mail, binned Ot in the end as I found full time work. 5 or 10 year check able history! I’ve had both but never heard of them checking up on me. I’ve put all sorts of guff down over the years and so far it’s not stopped me working. I think it’s just the lazy mans way of seeing what experience you have.

i can’t see any reason for a crb check to be done in general haulage. i don’t think it should be done unless it’s used to find pedophiles and puffs (the reason it was introduced). other than that, if you’re good at your job, then the rest is history.